Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

PanosBonJovi 07-25-2019 10:05 AM

We all know that a new album is supposed to come out. They were supposed to release it early autumn but seems like it will be released early 2020. That makes sense since they added another SA leg on their THINFS tour list.

So, the main question is if Jon will be up to tour again and in what condition his voice will be

jon-flp 07-25-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1257698)
Now there's a statement from Obie that the album was finished in Nashville and mixed at Abbey Road. Phil posted a picture of himself standing alone in front of Abbey Road; but as Twitter/IG-happy as X and Shanks are, nobody posted pictures of anybody actually working in Abbey Road? Something just seems odd to me.

Easy thing. Another album with very little participation of Phil, and with Shanks doing the most part of the guitars, keyboards and drum machines alone. Oh yeah, he will put the Jon's robot voice on it too.

Captain_jovi 07-25-2019 04:31 PM

I can hear Dave and Tico's playing all over THINFS, it would be a real shame to go in the opposite direction. All we can do is hope the time spent in the studio was just not documented and displayed :(

rolo_tomachi 07-25-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1257713)
We all know that a new album is supposed to come out. They were supposed to release it early autumn but seems like it will be released early 2020. That makes sense since they added another SA leg on their THINFS tour list.

So, the main question is if Jon will be up to tour again and in what condition his voice will be

Jon is finished in terms of giving a good live performance.

On the other hand, studio albums have their magic, at least it still works for me, since I still think they can give us some interesting songs.

The Beatles made 13 albums in 7 years, I would like Jon to focus more on releasing new music, or music from the vaults, and not focusing so much on the Tours, and leaving it for at least a couple of years or three.

PanosBonJovi 07-26-2019 08:02 AM

Oh trust me, I was in Bucharest, I know that already. It's pity.

Xavi 07-26-2019 10:23 AM

I was at the UK shows,and Jon is not finished in terms of giving a good live performance...

prayer_84 07-26-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1257790)
I was at the UK shows,and Jon is not finished in terms of giving a good live performance...

He is not finished in terms of giving a good live performance but only when he chooses to give one. As it has now become apparent, sometimes he prefers to give a bad one for a change.

DavetheGodofKeys 07-26-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayer_84 (Post 1257793)
He is not finished in terms of giving a good live performance but only when he chooses to give one. As it has now become apparent, sometimes he prefers to give a bad one for a change.

I'm going to repeat what someone else said here, but it's not like he hates Bucharest and he sucked there on purpose. He can't really control his voice, and he can't choose when to go all out or when to give an average performance. He might've not interacted with the crowd as much, and he might've not been as good as a frontman as he has been for this leg of the tour, but it happens. It was probably an off-night for him as a frontman.

prayer_84 07-26-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1257806)
I'm going to repeat what someone else said here, but it's not like he hates Bucharest and he sucked there on purpose. He can't really control his voice, and he can't choose when to go all out or when to give an average performance. He might've not interacted with the crowd as much, and he might've not been as good as a frontman as he has been for this leg of the tour, but it happens. It was probably an off-night for him as a frontman.

It definitely was an off-night for him. I just had hoped he wouldn't be having one exactly at my show. Such a thing happened in 2013, I did not want to relive it again.

PanosBonJovi 07-26-2019 04:49 PM

Ha, I'll start thinking I'm the main reason that this keeps happening but yet again the same group of people I travel with were in Athens & Sofia :P

Just to clarify it, but I think I mentioned that already in the topic of Bucharest.

Athens 2011 - Hottest day of the summer, its 42C, the show ended 2 to 3 songs earlier than expected. They didn't play These Days & Dry County as they were planned to.

Sofia 2013 - The allergies issue. I specifically recall Jon telling me that he was cold while he was on the catwalk after finishing Be There For You and while intro of Bed of Roses was playing. When he kneeled to have a drink he waved directly at me and told me it's cold and I was like well, it's pretty hot down here that was a nice moment actually and I was the first to high five inbetween the solo felt amazing, I was only 16 by that time so you can imagine the enthusiasm!

Bucharest 2019 - It was pretty clear he was struggling and wasn't in a good mood, he was pissed off with himself cause he couldn't deliver the songs the way he wanted to. He started well and full of energy but it ended up in a vocal disaster for him. It was sad cause he was trying the best and obviously he'll be crucified by media but other than that he tried to deliver a good show despite the troubles. Everybody deserves a bad night and that's understandable. Jon should take a break and find a way to involve his vocals or try to get them fixed. A friend of mine who was in Dusseldorf as well mentioned that he was sure the show would end earlier than expected cause Jon's attitude was completely different compared to the German show after a specific point.