Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

bonjovi90 08-17-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258293)
You bastard!:mrgreen: Oh, well, it sounds like Jovi fiction anyway. But then, it's rather cruel to joke like that. There are people out there who still hope for a reunion...

I know, I like to toy with people's hopes from time to time :mrgreen:

But on a serious note: I just got the information from an old Swedish trading friend that Bon Jovi had stayed in Stockholm for two days after the show to record some material in a studio there.

JackieBlue 08-17-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258304)
I know, I like to toy with people's hopes from time to time :mrgreen:

But on a serious note: I just got the information from an old Swedish trading friend that Bon Jovi had stayed in Stockholm for two days after the show to record some material in a studio there.

Interesting; I'm surprised there wasn't something from Phil-X or Shanks on IG. But at least it sounds a little more positive about the possibility of more band involvement.

This is probably going to sound like people who leap to "country" every time Nashville is mentioned; but my first thought was "Max Martin?" :)

PanosBonJovi 08-18-2019 09:25 PM

There's not a slight chance for Bon Jovi to do another It's My Life hit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but sounds impossible to me.

steel_horse75 08-19-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1258256)
Jon seems proud and satisfied.

He was about THINFS and its their worst album. Makes WAN sound like NJ or SWW!

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1258322)
There's not a slight chance for Bon Jovi to do another It's My Life hit.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but sounds impossible to me.

Jon should forget everything related to the last two decades and start writing and composing something completely different. Something that is to mark a before and after.

But I think Jon doesn't want to complicate himself anymore, so he composes with other artists so he doesn't have to think too much, he works with the same producer to get something fast and easy. So I suppose that although I would love to have a new course, I think we'll be locked in this vicious circle until the end of his career.

Jeeper 08-19-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1258326)
He was about THINFS and its their worst album. Makes WAN sound like NJ or SWW!

Didn’t you really like THINFS when it came out?....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 08-19-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1258332)
Didn’t you really like THINFS when it came out?....

No he likes WAN which is about as worse...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

TheseDaysEra 08-19-2019 06:59 PM

Curious about how Jon will sound on record. Forget the whole 'studio trickery' argument. As a sound engineer, I can tell you that I often use Auto-Tune, Melodyne and other tools to either enhance, tune or correct timing issues when mixing in the studio. But I guarantee you that the source HAS to be decent, other wise you'll tune it to the point where it becomes obvious and it turns more into an audible effect (think trap music, Cher, T-pain, etc) than a correction.

Jon sounds completely out of breathe, his voice is weak and frail. There is no special button or plugin that makes a weak voice sound raspy and powerful.
My guess is that he'll be spending A LOT of time recording vocals, aided by his production team AND THEN receive a hefty amount of editing and tuning. And even then, I'm very curious.

His voice is completely wrecked, he sounds like he's in actual pain while singing.

rolo_tomachi 08-19-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1258339)
Curious about how Jon will sound on record. Forget the whole 'studio trickery' argument. As a sound engineer, I can tell you that I often use Auto-Tune, Melodyne and other tools to either enhance, tune or correct timing issues when mixing in the studio. But I guarantee you that the source HAS to be decent, other wise you'll tune it to the point where it becomes obvious and it turns more into an audible effect (think trap music, Cher, T-pain, etc) than a correction.

Jon sounds completely out of breathe, his voice is weak and frail. There is no special button or plugin that makes a weak voice sound raspy and powerful.
My guess is that he'll be spending A LOT of time recording vocals, aided by his production team AND THEN receive a hefty amount of editing and tuning. And even then, I'm very curious.

His voice is completely wrecked, he sounds like he's in actual pain while singing.

Yes, that is another of my curiosities. But again, Jon already had serious problems since 2013-14, and yet I deliver some great voices in Burning Bridges. However for THINFS their voices were not so good, but their last two songs (WWWU and Walls) sounded good.

So I guess, and as you said, they will do everything possible to make the voice sound correct.

I have already said repeatedly that Jovi is a dead horse as far as live shows are concerned. But the work in the studio, that's different, they could still throw something interesting.

steel_horse75 08-19-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258335)
No he likes WAN which is about as worse...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I like half of WAN