Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Eveline 08-29-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258564)
I think that some of the songs could be enjoyable. I did like Real Love, I thought it was quite romantic actually (although a bit over the top)

Is Real Love the same song as Blind Love with Chris Isaak's Wicked Game vid thrown into it? j/k :mrgreen:

BTW. Dominik, since Yovana and Rdk stopped making some noise here, somebody has to! I actually miss them ._.

faith1985 08-29-2019 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258567)
Is Real Love the same song as Blind Love with Chris Isaak's Wicked Game vid thrown into it? j/k :mrgreen:

BTW. Dominik, since Yovana and Rdk stopped making some noise here, somebody has to! I actually miss them ._.

Nah, I think Labour of Love is terrible. But maybe you meant it because it is like Blind Love a bit

Eveline 08-29-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258569)
Nah, I think Labour of Love is terrible. But maybe you meant it because it is like Blind Love a bit

Bon Jovi - Real Love (Bonus Track) - YouTube

Agree, LOL is a total rip-off :rolleyes: there are songs that don't really hold in memory bc you've kind of heard them before...

YOVANAfromPeru 08-29-2019 11:29 PM

Hmmmm... How the hell this forum became from “Bon Jovi 20/20” to “baby give me a blow job” and yeah I was off topic... to go even more off topic I would say the good thing about narcissist persons is that if they both are narcissist they can have a fantastic relationship... I have no idea what I’m talking about. “I think I’m drunk.” Bye!

faith1985 08-30-2019 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1258576)
Hmmmm... How the hell this forum became from “Bon Jovi 20/20” to “baby give me a blow job” and yeah I was off topic... to go even more off topic I would say the good thing about narcissist persons is that if they both are narcissist they can have a fantastic relationship... I have no idea what I’m talking about. “I think I’m drunk.” Bye!

Maybe...if both give each other validation and are not very deep so they don't mind cheating, who knows:):):)

Alphavictim 08-30-2019 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258561)
I used to study psychological illnesses and Jon ticks many boxes that you would see in a narcissist

I take it you didn't get all that far with it if you think you can make such an assumption concerning somebody you only know as a celebrity, i.e. their stage and public persona.

bonjovi90 08-30-2019 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1258585)
I take it you didn't get all that far with it if you think you can make such an assumption concerning somebody you only know as a celebrity, i.e. their stage and public persona.

Exactly, especially since, if studied properly, one should know that only ticking off certain aspects should never lead to judgement without further anamnesis etc. And that's only possible by knowing one's personal life.
"Diagnosing" mental illness from public appearances is, to put it mildly, wild.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Eveline 08-30-2019 07:50 AM

I did look up NPD and it's symptoms on various sites. One sentence caught my attention but obviously there were more statements in this vein:

According to psychiatrist Dr. Ayo Gathing, most successful people in history can attribute their accomplishments at least in part to narcissistic traits.

So I get it why Faith said she saw some of the symptoms fitting Jon as well. It's no news people with big ego often have successful careers. That doesn't mean we can say for sure it's the case w/ Jon or anybody really.

I'd rather go with Lead Singer Disease/Syndrome, which would be more of a middle ground :D Not that it makes me happy to see Bon Jovi morphing into JBJ & Friends :/

Supersonic 08-30-2019 11:11 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258588)
So I get it why Faith said she saw some of the symptoms fitting Jon as well.

I don't.

It's one thing to have narcissistic traits and another to be called a full blown narcissist. Everyone has narcissistic traits but not everyone will have a narcissistc personaly disorder. Considering in what context her diagnosis is placed I have little belief both you and her actually fully grasp the concept of a narcissist as there's nothing that would lead you to that direction as you simply don't know what kind person Jon Bon Jovi is other than what you see and portrayed in the media.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

faith1985 08-30-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258589)
Aloha !

I don't.

It's one thing to have narcissistic traits and another to be called a full blown narcissist. Everyone has narcissistic traits but not everyone will have a narcissistc personaly disorder. Considering in what context her diagnosis is placed I have little belief both you and her actually fully grasp the concept of a narcissist as there's nothing that would lead you to that direction as you simply don't know what kind person Jon Bon Jovi is other than what you see and portrayed in the media.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I actually used the words 'he is probably not a full blown narcissist'. I do think he does have narcissistic traits.Psychiatrists are saying that Trump is probably a narcissist as well and they only see him in the media as well.
I do have a grasp of what a narcissist disorder implies. I did not mainly study psychological illnesses, but yes they were part of my degree. And you are often quite arrogant, Seb and I seriously don't care what you think of it when I say: Unfortunately, I can read people quite well. That is not just a lable I put on myself, unfortunately I am hypersensitive in certain areas