Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

steel_horse75 11-01-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1259638)
Where's the band in the video?

I have had this feeling all along this is a JBJ solo song (dressed up as Bon Jovi) and this vid pretty much confirms it.

steel_horse75 11-01-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1259639)
It is possible that the album version is slightly different, they may add something, or mix it again.

They only need to tweak it - so

actually have the band play on it might help.
Adjust the vocals
Add a good guitar solo

Other than that its fine :D

YOVANAfromPeru 11-01-2019 05:46 PM

JBJ did it again!
I hate him. -_-
https://s14.postimg.cc/5ap6h9x8h/pucca_enojada.gif

I don't like the song.

PS He's the songwriter, I'm not surprised he's alone in the video (I like that! -_-)

Captain_jovi 11-01-2019 05:47 PM

I mean it sounds like Tico to me. What constitutes the band playing on it? Let's say it gets confirmed David and Tico played on it, it's not going to change how it sounds because the band has been watered down so much from what it sounds like years ago. The band doesn't just need to play on it, it needs to sound like the band.

Stickin to my guns that its Tico though.

Kriegentragen 11-01-2019 05:52 PM

Play the video at speed 1.25x, and it sounds a bit more like older Bon Jovi.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

liljovi93 11-01-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1259653)
I mean it sounds like Tico to me. What constitutes the band playing on it? Let's say it gets confirmed David and Tico played on it, it's not going to change how it sounds because the band has been watered down so much from what it sounds like years ago. The band doesn't just need to play on it, it needs to sound like the band.

Stickin to my guns that its Tico though.

I think it's Tico too. I do think it's the band and I do think it's Phil X at the start. You're right that it doesn't really matter, though.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Alphavictim 11-01-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1259655)

The vocal timing sounds all over the place this way.

JackieBlue 11-01-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1259656)
I think it's Tico too. I do think it's the band and I do think it's Phil X at the start...

All the band are credited as "Associated Performer" so I've no doubt they played on it. But there's a difference between playing on it and actually contributing to the formation and arrangement.

Not only does it sound to me like a Jon solo project, with Shanks providing instruments and vocal backup, but the credits read that way as well.

Shanks and Jon are listed first (I'm guessing because they're co-producers?) and I get that; but would there be a reason why the rest of the band is at the bottom of the list, after everybody else and his brother?

Shanks and Jon are the only ones credited as background vocalists, so apparently none of the band contributed to that.

Shanks is listed as associated performer on both electric guitar and acoustic guitar, specifically; whereas Phil-X is listed as associated performer on "Guitar", almost like an afterthought.

While David is credited for synth, piano, and Hammond B3, Shanks is also credited for synth.

It just seems very Shanks-centric to me. Like he and Jon put it all together and the rest of the band came in and overdubbed their parts.

Thinny 11-01-2019 07:21 PM

The beginning sounds like it's gonna be good, then Jon starts to sing...the last 30 seconds or so sound cool. The rest of it just plods and goes nowhere. I've never been so uninterested in a new Jovi record.

rolo_tomachi 11-01-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1259655)

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

oh, shit, his voice sound better. his verses acapella on the bridge sound more desperate and I like it.