Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

BJFan99 11-25-2020 11:02 AM

Just watching the concert in full - Jesus f*cking Christ, Jon even struggles with Lower The Flag and Story Of Love! :( And for the one who mentioned his vocals being better now than they were in 2016 at the THINFS promo shows, I have to disagree. Back then his low and middle range were still functioning decently, whereas now there's no proper range left in any register. And that labored breathing and timing... :( :( :(

Unfortunately, I think that by now we've honestly reached the point where Jon Bon Jovi can't sing anything anymore, at all.

bonjovi90 11-25-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270469)
Just watching the concert in full - Jesus f*cking Christ, Jon even struggles with Lower The Flag and Story Of Love! :( And for the one who mentioned his vocals being better now than they were in 2016 at the THINFS promo shows, I have to disagree. Back then his low and middle range were still functioning decently, whereas now there's no proper range left in any register. And that labored breathing and timing... :( :( :(

Unfortunately, I think that by now we've honestly reached the point where Jon Bon Jovi can't sing anything anymore, at all.

How would you spend your days if you couldn't analyse Jon's voice to death? [emoji849]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

BJFan99 11-25-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1270470)
How would you spend your days if you couldn't analyse Jon's voice to death? [emoji849]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

I would analyze other things then :D

Alphavictim 11-25-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1270462)
it seems that after shanks took richie down now phil's turn has come

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Litneg 11-25-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

As people keep saying the same since the end of 2013, I just ignore these comments :)

jovifan93 11-25-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

I disagree. Just heard Lower The Flag while reading, and it sounded absolutely fine. Yes, I don't know how much it's been doctored, but neither do you when criticizing it ;-)

Captain_jovi 11-25-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1270465)
Another single? This albums dead in terms of more sales.

They are best of just moving on from 2020. I bet the label will be concerned as they only make money from Jovi touring and they won’t be doing that.

Only 60,000 copies sold worldwide means the label is on a loss with this album.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless I'm missing something, what does the label have to do with making money when the band is on tour?

Kevs 11-25-2020 03:07 PM

well I enjoyed the documentary, think it was really well put together. I think the running order worked well. Now looking forward to the extra's

BJFan99 11-25-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1270475)
I disagree. Just heard Lower The Flag while reading, and it sounded absolutely fine. Yes, I don't know how much it's been doctored, but neither do you when criticizing it ;-)

He was struggling to keep up with the choruses + bridge and his tone sounded rough as hell. Yeah, I know that the low register stuff is also difficult for Jon to replicate live by now, but it still took me by surprise how much he struggled with such an easy song and how hard work it clearly was for him physically (uncomfortable facial expressions strike once again).

jovifan93 11-25-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1270479)
He was struggling to keep up with the choruses + bridge and his tone sounded rough as hell. Yeah, I know that the low register stuff is also difficult for Jon to replicate live by now, but it still took me by surprise how much he struggled with such as an easy song and how hard work it clearly was for him physically (uncomfortable facial expressions strike once again).

Hmm, I'll probably have to (re)watch it, then... Overall, I liked his tone in this "live" concert more than on the record, I must say (except for Blood In The Water and some parts here and there), but Story Of Love sounded better live for example...