Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Rdkopper 02-25-2021 12:26 AM

Two guys ripping on Jon for his behind the scene Story Of Love commentary (Which is supposed to an exclusive Experience only video).

https://youtu.be/re7oHslF7UI

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-25-2021 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1272683)
I'll stand by my 4 to 6 (AVERAGE).

Even though Hallelujah was a cover, it was officially released so I have 4 for Lost Highway

WAN had 5 if you include Burn With Me or 4 official (With These 2 hands, Echo, Not Running, Old Habits)

TC/GH combo got 5

And yes, I'm including the Prerelease for HAND.

Crush, Bounce, THINFS were 6 plus each

I guess I'm arguing 2 points:

One, is that bonus tracks are something we have been accustom to for the past 20 years regardless of how we got them. Most were official and a couple were leaked.

Two, we didn't need to rely on an 80 dollar subscription to just get one song.

I think the biggest problem here is your usage of the term "bonus track" keeps contradicting itself. A bonus track in the usage we're all used to is the extra tracks on albums to encourage people to buy from their own territories or to make a sale more enticing. It sounds like you're using it to mean "Songs from the same sessions" hence why I didn't think 4-6 on average is the case. Though if we're talking about un-released songs from the studio sessions Hallelujah has no place in this argument.

There's nothing wrong with getting used to the way thing are but, again, the cd singles and b-sides and physical media is being phased out and pretty rapidly. That's where a majority of this stuff came from. Which is a big reason I thought THINFS was such a treat with so many bonus tracks. I wish it'd happen again.

YOVANAfromPeru 02-25-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1272696)
Two guys ripping on Jon for his behind the scene Story Of Love commentary (Which is supposed to an exclusive Experience only video).

Haha, I also didn't buy that "I'm stuck doing a video while the guys are all home!" Jon even smiled about it.

Jonny Sambora 02-25-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1272696)

that is hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 02-25-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Sambora (Post 1272703)
that is hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My favorite part... "When I finished the song, I realized it was your song too"!!!

If Jon pitched his voice a little higher, he could be Michael Jackson...

steel_horse75 02-25-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1272698)
Haha, I also didn't buy that "I'm stuck doing a video while the guys are all home!" Jon even smiled about it.

2020 was a solo album under the BJ banner. The band haven't featured in 3 out of 4 videos.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-25-2021 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1272708)
2020 was a solo album under the BJ banner. The band haven't featured in 3 out of 4 videos.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

All due respect, this is coming from someone who has barely listened to it. That rhetoric is getting really old and dated. Band is loud and clear for a good chunk of the album.

liljovi93 02-25-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1272709)
All due respect, this is coming from someone who has barely listened to it. That rhetoric is getting really old and dated. Band is loud and clear for a good chunk of the album.

Agreed.

I don't think 2020 is the best album in the world by any means but I do get a band feeling with a lot of the songs. To be fair, I thought it with THINFS too.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-25-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1272711)
Agreed.

I don't think 2020 is the best album in the world by any means but I do get a band feeling with a lot of the songs. To be fair, I thought it with THINFS too.

Oh yeah, it has flaws up the wazoo but if you listen to Brothers in Arms and don't hear Shanks panned hard left and Phil panned hard right interacting with each other, don't hear the band playing at the same time during Beautiful Drug or don't notice the live-off-the-floor vibe of Let It Rain, you're just repeating the same tired issues you've had with the band since 2000.

If you're argument is the band is Jon and Friends, fine, but I hear David, I hear Tico, I hear Phil, I hear Everett. I hear everyone that is "in" the band currently. I'm not crazy most of them are there but the "This is just Jon recording on his own" idea, woof. The horse is dead and decomposed.

liljovi93 02-25-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1272712)
Oh yeah, it has flaws up the wazoo but if you listen to Brothers in Arms and don't hear Shanks panned hard left and Phil panned hard right interacting with each other, don't hear the band playing at the same time during Beautiful Drug or don't notice the live-off-the-floor vibe of Let It Rain, you're just repeating the same tired issues you've had with the band since 2000.

If you're argument is the band is Jon and Friends, fine, but I hear David, I hear Tico, I hear Phil, I hear Everett. I hear everyone that is "in" the band currently. I'm not crazy most of them are there but the "This is just Jon recording on his own" idea, woof. The horse is dead and decomposed.

Couldn't agree more. It's a tired argument because Richie isn't there. As you said, it may not be the Bon Jovi people want, but for what we have, I hear them all.