Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Someday I'll Be Saturday Night (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=12117)

Kathleen 06-03-2003 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriK
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
I love this song. No, it was never released here in the US but once I heard it on the album I loved it. I hear the foreward looking optimism of Someday and admire it. However, my daughter (who is 14) thinks it's one of his saddest songs. Does anyone else hear this as sad? I guess I never did.

Kathleen

Now, what was wrong with that sentence?

Keep On Rockin'

:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure what was wrong with that sentence. Saturday Night was not released here as a single so the only place I could have heard it was on the album. And having a difference of opinion about the tone of a song is quite common. We both enjoy this song - we just interpret it differently.

Kathleen

flower 06-03-2003 08:33 PM

Quote:

This has always been a fave on mine live, epsecially when it is improvised.
Does anyone remember the awesome version they did in Munich 2001? Man! that went on forever!!
I was in Munich but for me it was just a big dream, I really forgot nearly everything :cry: , but some days ago I read a letter I wrote the day after the concert and there I read that it must have been a very great version.....
And I really love that song!!! Especially the words Jon sings on the OneWildNight - CD!!!

Captain Walrus 06-03-2003 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriK
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Walrus
Quote:

I love this song. No, it was never released here in the US but once I heard it on the album I loved it. I hear the foreward looking optimism of Someday and admire it. However, my daughter (who is 14) thinks it's one of his saddest songs. Does anyone else hear this as sad? I guess I never did.

Kathleen

Now, what was wrong with that sentence?

Keep On Rockin'

:lol: :lol:

I'm not sure what was wrong with that sentence. Saturday Night was not released here as a single so the only place I could have heard it was on the album. And having a difference of opinion about the tone of a song is quite common. We both enjoy this song - we just interpret it differently.

Kathleen

Read what I've highlighted in the quote of your sentence

Keep On Rockin'

Kathleen 06-03-2003 09:08 PM

Read what I've highlighted in the quote of your sentence

Keep On Rockin'[/quote]

Help - it's the grammar police!!! LOL!! What I meant of course, is she thinks that it is one of THEIR saddest songs.

Sorry
Kathleen - whose first language is english - sometimes!

Mr Bluesman 06-03-2003 09:25 PM

Quote:

Help - it's the grammar police!!! LOL!! What I meant of course, is she thinks that it is one of THEIR saddest songs.

Sorry
Kathleen - whose first language is english - sometimes!
Thank you.

Someday I'll Be Saturday Night is a very under rated song I think, but it's really the only Bon Jovi song that I hear on the radio. Other than the odd LOAP, and IML. This is on the rare occasions that I have the radio on, lol!

Shaun 06-03-2003 11:14 PM

i dont listen to it very much on crossroad

but whenever i listen to the OWN live album its one that i never skip

very good song

Donna 06-03-2003 11:16 PM

the OWN live version is not one of the best versions, believe me!

Shaun 06-03-2003 11:30 PM

i know.....but for that album ( :roll: ) its pretty good

Donna 06-03-2003 11:41 PM

Yes, In and out of love and Rocking in the free world are good versions, but i have seen and heard much better versions of the other songs!lol
What can I say, they ran out of time coz of the stupid record co. time frames!

Shaun 06-04-2003 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONNA_England
Yes, In and out of love and Rocking in the free world are good versions,

yup

also runaway IMO