Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   You Give Love A Bad Name TLFR Question (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22233)

levyshachar 01-28-2004 07:32 PM

You Give Love A Bad Name TLFR Question

i bet you all heard the version of you give love a bad name in the tlfr version and my question is why jovi voice is kind of wierd like his voice hoarse :shock: :?: or maybe its just me? :?

faitheveryday1984 01-28-2004 07:39 PM

He is just singing it in a different style, kinda bluesy like to give the song a new sound and meaning. It sort of reminds me of Eric Clapton who is one of the bands influences.

levyshachar 01-28-2004 07:42 PM

Thanks for the answer :)

Jag 01-28-2004 07:51 PM

yeah its a great groovy version 8)

bob 01-28-2004 07:58 PM

i think it sounds like lenny kravitzī are gonna go my way ( mtv unplugged)

Dawn 01-28-2004 08:30 PM

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate this version. :P

Dawn

Mike 01-28-2004 08:36 PM

I think he forgot to clear his throat at the start of this one.

Keeper 01-28-2004 08:53 PM

It makes me nervous. I know it's on purpose but doesn't really seem so! :roll:

jade4jovi 01-28-2004 09:11 PM

I ahve to say i dont like this version. Its the worst song on the album IMO.

levyshachar 01-28-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi
I ahve to say i dont like this version. Its the worst song on the album IMO.

it could be a great song if they worked on it a little more :(

Supersonic 01-28-2004 09:32 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by faitheveryday1984
He is just singing it in a different style, kinda bluesy like to give the song a new sound and meaning. It sort of reminds me of Eric Clapton who is one of the bands influences.

Eeh ?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

EverydayGuy 01-28-2004 09:42 PM

I think it's a good example how versatile Jon's voice actually is. I try and try to sing it like that but I just can't. There's so many great howls... What can I say, WOW!

Thierry 01-28-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayGuy
I think it's a good example how versatile Jon's voice actually is. I try and try to sing it like that but I just can't. There's so many great howls... What can I say, WOW!

Haha, versatile? Weakened is what you really meant.

Supersonic 01-28-2004 09:46 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

I tried to sing like that and it sounded awful...but wait, then again, Jon tried it and it was awful too. What can I say...WOW ! I'm just as good as Jon !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Keeper 01-28-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

Quote:

I tried to sing like that and it sounded awful...but wait, then again, Jon tried it and it was awful too. What can I say...WOW ! I'm just as good as Jon !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Haha... You wish!! :lol: :P

EverydayGuy 01-29-2004 02:21 PM

This is actually the first time someone has said something on my comment. So thanks guys :D

I don't want to turn this into another debate of Jon's voice, but my argument is that he is still a better singer and has larger range in his voice than most of you/us/whoever.

Quote:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Why do you even bother to listen to it or say anything about it if you don't even like it? The band did the song that way and I guess they are happy with it so get over it and stop complaining! :wink:

Supersonic 01-29-2004 02:25 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

This is actually the first time someone has said something on my comment. So thanks guys :D

Well you're welcome, but it's not because you said something smart.

Quote:

I don't want to turn this into another debate of Jon's voice, but my argument is that he is still a better singer and has larger range in his voice than most of you/us/whoever.
Heh yeah of course, but Jon isn't proving it with that version of Bad Name.

Quote:

Why do you even bother to listen to it or say anything about it if you don't even like it? The band did the song that way and I guess they are happy with it so get over it and stop complaining! :wink:

Why do you bother to say anything about it when you like it ?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan