Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Make A Memory Video - What The Hecks It About? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49473)

Makedde 11-02-2009 10:59 AM

Make A Memory Video - What The Hecks It About?

Its one of my favourite songs, and has a pretty cool video - see Jon standing at the window? He has a fabulous butt.:D

But I dont know what the clip is about. Either she is a ghost or he is. At the start she is sitting near him and then at that club thing she walks right through him so I thought okay, she must be dead as he's remembering her. Then we see her from parts of the clip we have already seen and he is not there, giving me the impression that it is he who is gone and she's remembering him.

Or am I completely wrong in this? I'd really like to know what its about.

Redshift 11-02-2009 11:10 AM

Jon's the Ghost. I think BJ were trying to do their version off the movie "Ghost" as they obviously felt the lryics agreed with it.

But, now that you mention, the songs lyrics imply that he is catching up with an old flame and anything could happen - and not that he is dead!

And it definitely ain't a brotherly love thing between Richie & Jon!

heart&dagger 11-03-2009 12:57 AM

IMO, the vid did not match the song ...

I agree that the vid made it seem as if Jon were dead but I really wish that I had never seen the video for this one.

I had a better vid in my head for it.

luceknight 11-03-2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superwoman (Post 954377)
IMO, the vid did not match the song ...

I agree that the vid made it seem as if Jon were dead but I really wish that I had never seen the video for this one.

I had a better vid in my head for it.

Me too...:rolleyes:
and no...no "brotherly" love;)

Makedde 11-03-2009 06:30 AM

So he's the ghost...well thats just darned confusing because for half the video you think it's her who is the ghost and then it turns out to be him.:eek:

Whats the brotherly love thing mean? I must be living under a cave lately because I dunno what that means!:p

Redshift 11-03-2009 10:06 AM

A few fans thought that the hidden meaning of the song was about Jon and Richie's relationship IE: "You could sing a melody for me and I could write a couple of lines" etc etc.
But IMO there are just too many mentions of the word "baby" for it to be this.

I know JBJ and RS like each other, but come on, I couldn't see them calling each other baby!!!!!!!!!!

Never agreed with this theory. I think it is Jon catching up with an old flame (most likely female!).

Crushgen24/88 11-03-2009 10:45 AM

It always struck me as Jovi does the Sixth Sense, not Ghost. And songs can have multiple meanings and sentiments behind them. IE, Just because the literal lyrics say baby, there could very easily still be undercurrents of Jon and Richie.

luceknight 11-03-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 954469)
It always struck me as Jovi does the Sixth Sense, not Ghost. And songs can have multiple meanings and sentiments behind them. IE, Just because the literal lyrics say baby, there could very easily still be undercurrents of Jon and Richie.

"I dug up this old photograph
Look at all that hair we had" :rolleyes:

Well, all I know is that the vid has nothing to do with the lycris...

HBM 11-05-2009 12:46 PM

Isn't the fact that he is this transparent figure symbolic for him no longer playing a role in her life?

I kind of interpreted it as him pining for something that has passed - the being their relationship - and she has moved on.

Of course, I have known to be wrong. Just ask the missus!