Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Bounce Album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=48306)

Crushgen24/88 05-23-2009 03:43 AM

I had Slippery, OWN, Crush, the debut, and I bought Cross Road with Bounce the day it came out.

Javier 05-23-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 922085)
I had Slippery, OWN, Crush, the debut, and I bought Cross Road with Bounce the day it came out.

that's an odd order to get the albums in
Did you just go in the record stores and get the albums randomly while knowing you were going to get the entire discography anyway or did you ust look for the songs that most interested you and buy the albums from there?

Crushgen24/88 05-23-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 922088)
that's an odd order to get the albums in
Did you just go in the record stores and get the albums randomly while knowing you were going to get the entire discography anyway or did you ust look for the songs that most interested you and buy the albums from there?

Well, I got Slippery and OWN on the same day, mainly because I really liked IML and Prayer. Like 8 months after that, my aunt bought me like 10 albums out of a catalogue as an 8th grade graduation gift, and two of the ones I asked for were Crush (cause it had IML) and the debut (cause I didn't know any better) Like I said, after that was Bounce and Cross Road, and by then I knew I'd get the whole discography. I still remember the order that I got the rest in as well: New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, and 7800*. After that, it was all day of release.

Jeeper 05-23-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suojelusperkele (Post 922063)
Hook Me Up is also a boy band's "rock song"... I have never understood it when people have called this a heavy song, sure there's a miserable attempt at a heavy guitar but always when I heard this song I thought of the Backstreet Boys.

Total nonsense in my opinion. Hook Me Up is a great song and the Backstreet Boys comparison is ludicrous. If you had mentioned It's My Life and made it a comparable with Larger Than Life then i could perhaps see your angle. :rolleyes:

JimBonJovi7 05-23-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Hook Me Up is also a boy band's "rock song"... I have never understood it when people have called this a heavy song, sure there's a miserable attempt at a heavy guitar but always when I heard this song I thought of the Backstreet Boys.

First off I don't know many Boy Band's that write their own music, have the greatest guitar player in the world and I certainly doubt the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync know what alternate tunings are because as you should know "Hook Me Up" is in Drop D. Generally "Pop" doesn't include guitars with thunderous amounts of distortion. The samples that David incorporates in many of the songs give it variety and provide a bit of an edge to the music overall.

Quote:

I've always thought that the lyrics of Joey are retarded.

I have a feeling you are 1. very young and immature or 2. Mentally Challenged yourself. or 3. Both. So try and use the english vocabulary before you blast a song.

Quote:

The album's name is stupid. It was pathetic how they used to say how the word "bounce" can mean different things to different people... they could have just as well named the album Ball or Table. Shoe would have been an equally intelligent name for this album.

This is also very close minded. This could be said about any artist's album anywhere on earth! The whole point for an album title is to connect A) the artist and the associated events he /she have gone through and B) to the listener so there able to associate it to their own lives. This could be said for "Have A Nice Day" which can only be applied to a situation where people are talking. Your argument here isn't very convincing. Personally "Bounce" is one of their best album covers. It's showcases the 50 miles of expance on each side and it has one of the intimidating VLA sitting quietly in the thunder.

Quote:

Simply put, this album fails in everything. In 2002 this album had the most uninspired, poppiest, shortest and most unoriginal songs they had ever done and it was hard to believe that they could go any lower than this. It's funny how some people like Walrus say they became fans because of Bounce, when with me it was the opposite: when I heard Bounce for the first time, I immediately knew that this band was done.

Again I'll have to disagree. Crush has to be Bon Jovi's "poppiest" album. For me Crush was a terrible let down. Bounce on the other hand was 5 steps up and actually included some "Metal Like" riffs and Chords proggressions. I'm starting to like the fact that 7800 Fahrenheit and Bounce are becoming very much alike as the band do not play much of bounce(maybe one or two songs a tour) and none of Fahrenheit. If you knew the band was done why are you still here? I realise I've only been on here for 2 weeks now but I can still ask. Oh well, there's no changing everyone and as you said about the lyrics to "Joey", your argument is "retarded" better known as Mentally Challenged.

Yvonne 05-23-2009 10:55 PM

It has a couple of good songs on it, I can leave this album where it is!

Supersonic 05-23-2009 11:16 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBonJovi7 (Post 922129)
First off I don't know many Boy Band's that write their own music...

Which makes the rest of your statement pretty ignorant. Gary Barlow of Take That is responsable for about all the songs Take That have released. Apart from that the rest of your statement doesn't matter either. The fact is still that a lot of songs from Bounce sound like they were written for a boyband. To me, Hook Me Up isn't one of them. You Had Me From Hello and All About Lovin' You are though.

Quote:

Generally "Pop" doesn't include guitars with thunderous amounts of distortion.

Wrong. Pop can contain anything because pop is what's popular at the moment. When Bon Jovi started to sound like what was popular at the moment (LeAnn Rhimes, Backstreet Boys, Creed) they became more of a pop band than a rock band.

Quote:

The samples that David incorporates in many of the songs give it variety and provide a bit of an edge to the music overall.

There's nothign edgy about the samples David provides. It sounded dated right when it was released.

Quote:

I have a feeling you are 1. very young and immature or 2. Mentally Challenged yourself. or 3. Both. So try and use the english vocabulary before you blast a song.

Funny, that's exactly what I think of you with statements like that. Just because someone bashes one of your favourite songs doesn't mean that the person itself is retarded, mentally challenged or whatever you can find to make him look worse than you.

Quote:

This is also very close minded. This could be said about any artist's album anywhere on earth! The whole point for an album title is to connect A) the artist and the associated events he /she have gone through and B) to the listener so there able to associate it to their own lives.

Which is why Bounce is a shit title. No one in real life ever said "I bounced back from that situation pretty well" after 9/11 and no one says it in other situations either. Besides that; Everyone associates the word bounce with hip-hop or R&B.

Quote:

Personally "Bounce" is one of their best album covers. It's showcases the 50 miles of expance on each side and it has one of the intimidating VLA sitting quietly in the thunder.

Yeah, and the cover was completely stolen from Dire Straits - On The Night. Who even acknowledged that the cover for their live album was pretty daft. And in case you're coming up with "it's a co-incidence"; no it's not. Even the fonts are the same.

Quote:

Bounce on the other hand was 5 steps up and actually included some "Metal Like" riffs and Chords proggressions.

There are no metal riffs on Bounce. None whatsoever.

Quote:

I'm starting to like the fact that 7800 Fahrenheit and Bounce are becoming very much alike as the band do not play much of bounce(maybe one or two songs a tour) and none of Fahrenheit.

Yeah, however, Fahrenheit does contain good songs, good lyrics, good guitar solo's, good metal riffs and good vocals. Bounce doesn't.

Quote:

If you knew the band was done why are you still here? I realise I've only been on here for 2 weeks now but I can still ask. .

Because there's more to a band than just their current state. Why do you think Beatle messageboards still exist? Not because McCartney is still touring, eh?

Quote:

Oh well, there's no changing everyone and as you said about the lyrics to "Joey", your argument is "retarded" better known as Mentally Challenged.

The only thing retarted about Joey is Joey himself. And the fact that there's people who like this song.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JimBonJovi7 05-23-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 922136)
Aloha !

Which makes the rest of your statement pretty ignorant. Gary Barlow of Take That is responsable for about all the songs Take That have released. Apart from that the rest of your statement doesn't matter either. The fact is still that a lot of songs from Bounce sound like they were written for a boyband. To me, Hook Me Up isn't one of them. You Had Me From Hello and All About Lovin' You are though.

Wrong. Pop can contain anything because pop is what's popular at the moment. When Bon Jovi started to sound like what was popular at the moment (LeAnn Rhimes, Backstreet Boys, Creed) they became more of a pop band than a rock band.

There's nothign edgy about the samples David provides. It sounded dated right when it was released.

Funny, that's exactly what I think of you with statements like that. Just because someone bashes one of your favourite songs doesn't mean that the person itself is retarded, mentally challenged or whatever you can find to make him look worse than you.

Which is why Bounce is a shit title. No one in real life ever said "I bounced back from that situation pretty well" after 9/11 and no one says it in other situations either. Besides that; Everyone associates the word bounce with hip-hop or R&B.

Yeah, and the cover was completely stolen from Dire Straits - On The Night. Who even acknowledged that the cover for their live album was pretty daft. And in case you're coming up with "it's a co-incidence"; no it's not. Even the fonts are the same.

There are no metal riffs on Bounce. None whatsoever.

Yeah, however, Fahrenheit does contain good songs, good lyrics, good guitar solo's, good metal riffs and good vocals. Bounce doesn't.

Because there's more to a band than just their current state. Why do you think Beatle messageboards still exist? Not because McCartney is still touring, eh?

The only thing retarted about Joey is Joey himself. And the fact that there's people who like this song.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

If you want to be childish and follow me around and push your opinion on me then so be it. This is the last time I'm being nice to you by the way.:rolleyes:

Yvonne 05-23-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBonJovi7 (Post 922138)
If you want to be childish and follow me around and push your opinion on me then so be it. This is the last time I'm being nice to you by the way.:rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you trying to push your opinion?????

JimBonJovi7 05-23-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 922139)
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you trying to push your opinion?????

Not at all. These 2 "ice and "Seb" have been hissing at me because I made a comment about TLFR and how now one knows real good music if they said it was crap. They took it to heart and called me out. Sure I could have worded it better but oh well, life goes on. There living in this little fantasy world(this forum) and I am not in anyway pushing my opinion. I was stating for a fact to the guy I quoted a few times what I thought. No one has to listen to me but if they like to argue that I'm pushing my opinion let their minds think that. It seems no one can say anything on here without it being argued that they are "pushing" it on other people. Fussy bunch.