Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What were they thinking..... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69896)

steel_horse75 03-09-2017 08:14 PM

What were they thinking.....

Putting Blame it on the love of Rock N roll on Keep the Faith? It's shit.
That is all.......

bjcrazycpa 03-09-2017 08:17 PM

I say that about Woman In Love!! That's a crap song lol!

Captain_jovi 03-09-2017 09:26 PM

I always switch views on this. I think had they replaced it with one of the better songs that didn't make the album the whole thing would have lacked fun. Women in Love and Blame it on the Love are just fun filler songs to me but with a few switchups you have an album like The Circle, devoid of joy.

Nige 03-09-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1220562)
Putting Blame it on the love of Rock N roll on Keep the Faith? It's shit.
That is all.......

I love Blame It On The Love....my only complaint is that is it too similar to ISWID. But then the same is true of THINFS and GBTM many years later.

Jeeper 03-09-2017 09:39 PM

Woman In Love is poor. Some half decent guitar bits, that's about it. Blame It On The Love of Rock N Roll is pure filler. So many better songs should have replaced it - the story of almost every Jovi album, actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 03-09-2017 09:43 PM

Except no one will ever agree on which songs should have been switched.

Jeeper 03-09-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1220572)
Except no one will ever agree on which songs should have been switched.

Very true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Becky 03-09-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1220563)
I say that about Woman In Love!! That's a crap song lol!

Jon thinks it's crap too and he wrote it. It was one of the very last songs written for KTF so he wasn't far enough removed from it to judge it properly when he decided to put it on the album.

I like it better than half the songs on The Circle and What About Now. At least it's catchy.

Dave 1986 03-09-2017 11:07 PM

Those two songs make the 2nd half of that album very lacklustre for me. The first 7 songs are solid, then the rest of the album is very hit and miss. I like Keep the Faith overall but I find it hard at times to enjoy it as much as some of the other earlier albums as it just lacks consistency throughout.

Panda 03-09-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1220577)
Jon thinks it's crap too and he wrote it. It was one of the very last songs written for KTF so he wasn't far enough removed from it to judge it properly when he decided to put it on the album.

I like it better than half the songs on The Circle and What About Now. At least it's catchy.

It's better than anything in the last 5 years.

steel_horse75 03-09-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1220578)
Those two songs make the 2nd half of that album very lacklustre for me. The first 7 songs are solid, then the rest of the album is very hit and miss. I like Keep the Faith overall but I find it hard at times to enjoy it as much as some of the other earlier albums as it just lacks consistency throughout.

I agree. Woman in love, blame it on the love and I want you aren't the best.

Out of the 3 I'll put up with woman in love more than the other 2

Captain_jovi 03-10-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1220579)
It's better than anything in the last 5 years.

I'd take quite a few songs from the last 5 years over Woman in Love for sure.

bjcrazycpa 03-10-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1220583)
I'd take quite a few songs from the last 5 years over Woman in Love for sure.

Same here!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savvi 03-10-2017 01:34 AM

Woah woah woah. No way! I absolutely love Blame It On the Love. Everything about it from the fun lyrics, to the cow bell, to the break it down bit and the key change. It's great! I'd take it over Little Bit of Soul, Woman In Love and Sleep When I'm Dead any day.

IMO it's one of the most under rated Jovi songs and I wouldn't switch it out.

I would've taken out Soul for Radio, Sleep for Good Guys and Woman In Love for Outlaws of Love.

(Having said that, I dont mind Woman In Love).

Kathleen 03-10-2017 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1220587)
Woah woah woah. No way! I absolutely love Blame It On the Love. Everything about it from the fun lyrics, to the cow bell, to the break it down bit and the key change. It's great! I'd take it over Little Bit of Soul, Woman In Love and Sleep When I'm Dead any day.

IMO it's one of the most under rated Jovi songs and I wouldn't switch it out.

I would've taken out Soul for Radio, Sleep for Good Guys and Woman In Love for Outlaws of Love.

(Having said that, I dont mind Woman In Love).

Agreed - I love Blame it On the Love. Though I also love Little Bit of Soul. Woman in Love - meh - not so much. I used to like Sleep but it's overplayed and I'm sick of it.

thesedays2014 03-10-2017 09:50 AM

Not the best songs on KTF, but PURE ROCK N ROLL. Not one song since these days has that quality. I'm your man is probably the nearest thing to it (some may say WGIGO, but that just makes you cringe too much) 😂

I think you guys need to listen to some Rolling Stones and appreciate real rock instead of whining out of frustration because Jovi records since Crush have not been up to standard and the last two efforts are embarrassing...

Long live rock n roll! ✌️✊️

DryCounty 03-11-2017 03:14 AM

Woman In Love could be the worst Jovi song ever put out in my book. It's crazy how some of the amazing KTF outtakes where put aside for this one. There were already plenty of party/fun songs in Sleep, Blame It and Little Bit of Soul so it's not like they needed another one of those.

Can say the same thing about Social Disease. How it could replace Edge of a Broken Heart, Borderline, Lonely is the Night, Deep Cuts the Knife etc. makes no sense. Both Raise Your Hands and Wild In the Streets are fun party songs, really is no need for another one in Social Disease.

jazzsta 03-11-2017 04:25 AM

I like Blame It On The Love Of R&R. It is the part after the second chorus with the solo and that super fun bridge and key change after, that is very good - even elegant.

It used to be of the songs I would listen to most from KTF. Probably If I Was Your Mother was the absolut standout for me.

Overall, even Woman is Love seems organic and less forced, compared to the latest albums. But I agree it is weak.

jazzsta 03-11-2017 04:30 AM

All I want (all that I want)
All I ever needed (all that I needed)
my guitar gave to meeeeeee

thesedays2014 03-11-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1220664)

Yeaahhhh. What is wrong with these people? Are tehy Jovi fans or Justin Bieber fans?

CaptainKiddOnSunset 03-11-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1220664)

Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar, so he can pick up all the chicks and be a rock n roll star...

No problem here with the song. It just needs more cowbell.

Biggest piece of crap for me is the snooze fest of She's a Mystery zzzzzzzz can't even make it through the first verse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 03-11-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainKiddOnSunset (Post 1220677)
Every little boy wants to learn to play guitar, so he can pick up all the chicks and be a rock n roll star...

No problem here with the song. It just needs more cowbell.

Biggest piece of crap for me is the snooze fest of She's a Mystery zzzzzzzz can't even make it through the first verse.

Agree with that!!
WSYCGH takes some beating for pure durge but BIOTLORAR is so bad when the previous songs have been so good. I'm just gutted that save a prayer isn't on the re-released vinyl.

bonjovi90 03-11-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1220680)
Agree with that!!
WSYCGH takes some beating for pure durge but BIOTLORAR is so bad when the previous songs have been so good. I'm just gutted that save a prayer isn't on the re-released vinyl.

I'd personally take Blame It On The Love over at least 3 songs on KTF any day. I've seen Bounce doing it live about a month ago and it was one of the most fun Jovi songs I ever witnessed. On the other hand I consider Woman In Love one of the worst Jovi songs of the 80's/90's...

cqleonardo 03-11-2017 06:52 PM

I freaking love Blame It, one of the best songs on KTF, I don't rly like Woman in Love, I Want You and Bit Of Soul

Rdkopper 03-11-2017 10:27 PM

I agree with the above... Blame is an awesome track!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

danfan 03-11-2017 10:52 PM

Blame would be more fun live than ISWID. This has always been a band who has made questionable choices. Omitting Edge and Outlaws. What about single choices? Slippery would have sold even more had they released I'd Die For You. Same for NJ with WITW. I Believe was never released in the US. I could go on

Thomas S 03-11-2017 11:40 PM

I think Woman In Love is a great song.
Blame is great too... much better than Little Bit of Soul.

Alphavictim 03-12-2017 04:28 AM

Never got the hate for Woman In Love. Nice groove in the verses, nice soaring chorus. Sure, it's not among the best, but I'll take it over the tryhard rock & roll of Blame It On The Love... anyday.

The Radio Saved My Life Tonight is pretty upbeat, too, so no idea why that one was shelved. I get Save A Prayer being a bonus track, even though it's great - it's a tad darker, and the album already had some dark on it (Dry County, If I Was Your Mother; to an extent, even Bed Of Roses).

Was surprised how much I enjoyed I Want You recently. It's rather underwritten, and some of the vocal inflictions are a tad premature (weird tension building towards the end of the song), but it feels genuine. Some nice lyrical twists / payoffs, too. Nowhere nears as good as ITA or IBTFY, but I guess I enjoy it more than Never Say Goodbye.

Alphavictim 03-12-2017 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1220700)
Slippery would have sold even more had they released I'd Die For You.

Instead of what?

Jeeper 03-12-2017 03:29 PM

As someone previously mentioned, the second half of KTF is a bit hit and miss.

It's obviously personal choice. I love Little Bit Of Soul, others might think it's filler.

danfan 03-12-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1220707)
Instead of what?

Not instead of. In addition to.

Bounce7800 03-12-2017 07:42 PM

Don't mind the song at all. It may not have aged as well as some of the others but it's no worse than many other good time Jovi party songs.

I'd happily hear it live over captain crash any day.

Eveline 03-12-2017 09:44 PM

Talk to Jesus is one *not so hot* mess and the part with Heather puzzles me like many others here.

And different songs sound different when you're in a particular mood. Can't say I can't stand many BJ songs. Just a few exceptions to their fabulous catalogue! <3

CaptainKiddOnSunset 03-12-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 1220719)
As someone previously mentioned, the second half of KTF is a bit hit and miss.

It's obviously personal choice. I love Little Bit Of Soul, others might think it's filler.

Love me some lil bit of soul especially live from An Evening With and the handful of acoustic gigs back in 92. Richie made the song for me with the bluesy "soul yeahhhhhh" over and over at the end. https://youtu.be/QwPd-pUpYcM

Eveline 03-12-2017 10:13 PM

Some songs work even better live it seems ;)

BD135 03-13-2017 01:01 AM

It's better than the mega-cheese of I Want You.

bjcrazycpa 03-13-2017 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BD135 (Post 1220750)
It's better than the mega-cheese of I Want You.

I personally love that big ol' block of velveeta lol!!

jovifan93 03-13-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1220657)
Woman In Love could be the worst Jovi song ever put out in my book. It's crazy how some of the amazing KTF outtakes where put aside for this one. There were already plenty of party/fun songs in Sleep, Blame It and Little Bit of Soul so it's not like they needed another one of those.

Can say the same thing about Social Disease. How it could replace Edge of a Broken Heart, Borderline, Lonely is the Night, Deep Cuts the Knife etc. makes no sense. Both Raise Your Hands and Wild In the Streets are fun party songs, really is no need for another one in Social Disease.

This! Woman In Love and Social Disease are just utter crap...

Considering the other two, I guess it depends on the time of your life when you first heard the songs. For me, I was 15/16 at the time, and Blame It was the perfect soundtrack to my life. And my love with Bon Jovi, which my parents didn't really understand and thought it would just go away. Thus "They say it won't last, but they misunderstood" is one of my favorite lines ever :-) Apart from that, it's just fun, good old rock'n'roll.

I Want You I think is also great and helped me a lot during heartache times (yeah, I always listen(ed) to the tragic/dark songs in those periods ;-))

Alphavictim 03-13-2017 12:31 PM

How is I Want You a dark song?

jovifan93 03-13-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1220768)
How is I Want You a dark song?

No, it's not "dark" per se, but I said tragic/dark, and it is kind of tragic. Maybe dark was the wrong word, but it's about loss, regrets, and can put you in a sort of "dark" mood, if you've just been left by your girlfriend...