Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70847)

rolo_tomachi 11-06-2021 04:12 PM

I highly doubt Jon said that the solo just sucked. Even he got to play it in his solo performances after the new solo was recorded.

I think there is a lot of obsession with Jerry here. Do not be offended, I am not saying that the guy is ... well let's leave him there, just nobody deserves so much [lynching] attention.

James_86 11-06-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1276360)
I highly doubt Jon said that the solo just sucked. Even he got to play it in his solo performances after the new solo was recorded.

I think there is a lot of obsession with Jerry here. Do not be offended, I am not saying that the guy is ... well let's leave him there, just nobody deserves so much [lynching] attention.

I think the problem is he's synonymous with the band in social media circles now, almost to the point where the less eagle eyed believe he's part of the wider group around the band.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Javier 11-06-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1276360)

I remember a couple of interviews where they addressed it. One with both Jon and Richie (where Jon said they simply hadn't put a solo on there and just stuck with the lick) and one with just Richie (where he said the solo was 2 takes put together and was done in an hour). I could be remembering wrong or mixing quotes but I can't for the life of me find the interviews.

rolo_tomachi 11-06-2021 11:25 PM

Well, Richie left and we have the same problem. LOL

Captain_jovi 11-06-2021 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1276368)
I remember a couple of interviews where they addressed it. One with both Jon and Richie (where Jon said they simply hadn't put a solo on there and just stuck with the lick) and one with just Richie (where he said the solo was 2 takes put together and was done in an hour). I could be remembering wrong or mixing quotes but I can't for the life of me find the interviews.

I recall an interview with Richie saying it was an intentional solo and they decided to do a Beatles-y, jangly lick at that part but yeah, it's been so long I don't remember where I saw that.

bonjovi90 11-07-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276370)
I recall an interview with Richie saying it was an intentional solo and they decided to do a Beatles-y, jangly lick at that part but yeah, it's been so long I don't remember where I saw that.

I remember that as well about the initial "solo". The second interview was about him doing the new one and that it was the second or third take he played that got included right away.

Alphavictim 11-07-2021 12:47 AM

I remember them calling it "Beatles-y" or whatever the phrasing was. It was a silly way of saying that it was super simple. I doubt JBJ cares about guitar solos all that much, tbh, as long as they don't irritate the target audience. So I don't see him saying that a simple solo "sucks".

bonboy25 11-09-2021 09:29 AM

So what now, turns out it was a private gig. Do we think that was all the rehearsal was for, or do we still think they're gonna go out on the road next year?

Captain_jovi 11-09-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonboy25 (Post 1276396)
So what now, turns out it was a private gig. Do we think that was all the rehearsal was for, or do we still think they're gonna go out on the road next year?

They'll absolutely go out on the road next year but why couldn't it have been for both? They rehearsed two setlists worth of songs, the majority of which did not get played. You don't rehearse Love's the Only Rule and Just Older for a private event and not play either.

Thinny 11-09-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1276402)
They'll absolutely go out on the road next year but why couldn't it have been for both? They rehearsed two setlists worth of songs, the majority of which did not get played. You don't rehearse Love's the Only Rule and Just Older for a private event and not play either.

Unless they tried both and decided they just don't work with Jon's current voice? Hence the reason that they weren't played? Or they could have been Audibles that Jon never called?