Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

WILDJOVIMAN 02-20-2020 08:16 AM

that cannot be serious the Album cover .. holy shit, even a yellow cover with Nothing on would be better :-(

BonJovi100 02-20-2020 08:23 AM

I think it's a temporary cover of the album

Song is ok for me. I like riff, voice and bridge.

Santa Fe 02-20-2020 08:23 AM

Could anybody write the lyrics please?
Thanks

Javier 02-20-2020 08:24 AM

I hope that's just a filler image that they out since cover or artwork is not yet approved. I'm probably wrong but I hope....

Jay Jay 02-20-2020 08:36 AM

Limitless was debuted on Australian radio at 4pm on Triple M NSW.

sweetmisery 02-20-2020 08:44 AM

That album cover seems like something you see for a single. But yes, I hope it is not final.

And with that USA flag reflecting on his glasses + some title songs, is this album gonna be heavily political/Anti Trump?

tzane 02-20-2020 08:48 AM

I m so sorry for this band

It s the worst first single. The worst song I hear from this band and I hate the album cover. I think I bon Jovi is over .
It s like something has died inside me.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 09:11 AM

Complete shower of shit.
Dire lyrics, shit twang guitar, no solo, no real chorus. But the worst thing....what the hell is that bit in the middle all about? It's out of tune, doesn't rhyme and is sung horrifically.

Defo not buying this. Heard 2 songs so far and hate them both.

I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BJFan99 02-20-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1261680)
https://music.apple.com/ca/album/bon...020/1499567111

We have a full track listing and the most underwhelming album cover I think I've EVER seen. Album is out May 15th.

1 Beautiful Drug
2 Unbroken
3 Limitless
4 Luv Can
5 Brothers In Arms
6 Story Of Love
7 Lower The Flag
8 Let It Rain
9 Shine
10 Blood In The Water

That album cover is yet another proof that today's Bon Jovi = JBJ.

And WTF was that song? I genuinely don't think I've ever heard a worse song from them (him?). More autotune on Jon's vocals than basically ever before - the live videos from last tour included - and still sounding awful, no solo, uninspired melody, EMBARRASSING lyrics... at this moment I'm actually ashamed of being a fan, and that doesn't happen often, no matter how horrible Jon sounds or how shit the production by Shanks is (which, predictably, also sucks ass once again - what the flying f*ck is that obsession of his to make current Bon Jovi sound more and more like Coldplay year after year?).

Another nail in the coffin. I'm done with this new shit.

jovifan93 02-20-2020 09:22 AM

WTF is that chorus? The verses are ok, the bridge part I find actually sing quite well and reminds me of Who Would You Die For, but that's supposed to be a chorus? Seriously?

And what's "Life is limitless" supposed to mean at all? It has a natural limit, and most people are not blessed to have limitless opportunities, so WTF?

BJFan99 02-20-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261712)
But the worst thing....what the hell is that bit in the middle all about? It's out of tune, doesn't rhyme and is sung horrifically.

See? Not even the strongest of studio effects can help Jon anymore.

Not that he cares, obviously - continuing to do all this crap of course keeps the money machine rolling, and that's where the importance is at, eh?

I'm sorry, this is absolutely pathetic. Not wanting to be cruel, but Jon's clearly sold himself out for good both as a singer and a songwriter.

PS. Thank f*ck Rosa doesn't come around here anymore... she'd probably literally kill me for this comment :D

phoenixy 02-20-2020 09:37 AM

Well repeating "Limitless" limitlessly totally ruins the song for me. It doesn't sound good at all. The song starts okay, and the verses are quite good too (like Knockout, I have no problem with that), but the chorus is just awful.
I really hate BWC and WAN, but I think this is even worse.

james_d 02-20-2020 09:38 AM

Like others have said, the verses are pretty decent. The chorus is so bad. Lacks any sort of excitement. Lyrics are so dull as well. The actual vocals are also so doctored it's ridiculous, especially in the bridge.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 09:46 AM

Cover Art
https://fotos.subefotos.com/101e914c...e896f69fao.jpg
Tracklist
https://fotos.subefotos.com/16fb340d...d245b5c97o.jpg

united17 02-20-2020 09:50 AM

actual lyrics:
Quote:

GRAB YOUR WALLET AND YOUR KEYS,
BETTER NOT FORGET TO BREATHE
ok old man.

this song is so bad. this era is gonna be a car crash but i can’t look away.

Xavi 02-20-2020 09:54 AM

The artist fomerly known as Bon Jovi.

Chris_Newton 02-20-2020 10:03 AM

Oh dear

I am finding it hard to like anything about this new song, and what worries me the most is surely this song has been chosen to get people excited about the new album, this does not excite me one bit.

I have never been so dissapointed with a new Jovi song as this one.

Phil X must be bored to tears in this band.

steel_horse75 02-20-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1261721)
Oh dear

I am finding it hard to like anything about this new song, and what worries me the most is surely this song has been chosen to get people excited about the new album, this does not excite me one bit.

I have never been so dissapointed with a new Jovi song as this one.

Phil X must be bored to tears in this band.

I dont think he is on this track. He cant be. Doesn't need 2 guitarists to do that twang with no solo.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1261722)
I dont think he is on this track. He cant be. Doesn't need 2 guitarists to do that twang with no solo.

haha, I'm dying to watch the video, two guitarists, and don't forget to add Jon playing the acoustic guitar.

Jack27 02-20-2020 10:17 AM

I was quite excited to listen to this when I got in the car this morning - had it all saved and ready - volume turned up. When the chorus kicked in I was just left open mouthed and when the song finished I have never felt so gutted. There's just nothing to it.

rolo_tomachi 02-20-2020 10:35 AM

Let's talk about the track list. 10 songs, Unbroken is part of the tracklist. We have heard 2 songs from the album and there are 3 months left. I think that in March they will release another song and in April another. Possibly they will also release a fourth song at the beginning of May, so before launch we will have heard half of the album. And as usual, surely there is a promotional concert where they play all the songs live.

It is strange that there is no bonus track. Maybe they are yet to be confirmed?

I think Jon releases an album with 10 songs because maybe he will release another album at the end of 2021 to have an ace up his sleeve for a future tour in 2022.

james_d 02-20-2020 10:45 AM

Well, let's just say that I'm more excited for an album coming out tomorrow by a pretty unknown British band called Collateral than I am this. They actually play old school rock instead of pop shite.

Johny 02-20-2020 11:46 AM

Ok, I'm really pissed. Not only the song sucks, we get to see the awful cover of t he album and we realize that there'll be only 10 songs on the album.
Well, if they're of the same quality, it's maybe better that there aren't more of them.
Still there are a few songs on each album they've released that I really love. However, the chances are slim there. Iknow two of them and... meh.
Actually I think Unborken serves the purpose of what kind of song it 's supposed to be better - it contains a message, it has depressing mood and delivery, it fits the there of the movie it was meant for. However Limitless totally suck as the lead single. It's surpasses BWC as the worst first single. The only catchy thing is the bass for me plus the verses are quite good. It's not memorable, not catchy, nothing..

Spotify is killing me. It automatically played Dry County after Limitless. Well 28 years of difference, two different bands.

Santa Fe 02-20-2020 12:04 PM

This is what I got.
Hope somebody complete them.

Wake up , wake up
Everybody wake up
Here we go
It's just another day
Another buzz , another beep

Scrub your face and burn your teeth
Out the door into the Street
I fell out of my sleep
A million different faces
All from different places
Swimming in the sea
Trying to keep your head above water

CHORUS
On a night like this
One prayer, one wish
Step out of the Edge
It's worth the risk
Life is limitless , limitless…

Wake up , everybody wake up
Morning comes
You do it all again
You know the sun????
than your shoes can find your feet
Grab your wallet and your Kiss
Better not forget to breathe
???????????
Tears are in the sea ???
Trynig to keep your head above water
You're trying to keep your head above water

CHORUS
Let 'em figure out ????
What is all about
When the sun comes up
And the sun goes down
Is there something more
Than It was before?
There's an open door
What are you waiting for ?
Life is limitless
CHORUS
On a night like this
One search ??'
One wish
Step out of the edge
It's worth the risk
Life is limitless

GabrielC 02-20-2020 12:04 PM

I don't think is as bad as people here are saying. Not great by any means, but still better than BWC. The verses are quite good, actually. I'm just happy that it is so much better than Unbroken.

But that cover of the album... wtf Jon

GabrielC 02-20-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1261743)
This is what I got.
Hope somebody complete them.

Wake up , wake up
Everybody wake up
Here we go
It's just another day
Another buzz , another beep

Scrub your face and burn your teeth
Out the door into the Street
I fell out of my sleep
A million different faces
All from different places
Swimming in the sea

CHORUS
On a night like this
One prayer, one wish
Step out of the Edge
It's worth the risk
Life is limitless , limitless…

Wake up , everybody wake up
Morning comes
You do it all again
You know the sun????
than your shoes can find your feet
Grab your wallet and your Kiss
Better not forget to breathe
???????????
Tears are in the sea ???
Trynig to keep your head above water
You're trying to keep your head above water

CHORUS
Let 'em figure out ????
What is all about
When the sun comes up
And the sun goes down
Is there something more
Than It was before?
There's an open door
What are you waiting for ?
Life is limitless
CHORUS
On a night like this
One search ??'
One wish
Step out of the edge
It's worth the risk
Life is limitless

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bonjovi/limitless.html

GabrielC 02-20-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1261698)
Written by JBJ, Shanks and Billy Falcon.

And in the liner notes Shanks' name comes first; even before JBJ. Never seen this before.

Every song in Youtube Music is listed like this. Look at HAND, for example:

Jonny Sambora 02-20-2020 12:18 PM

I miss Richie

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Xavi 02-20-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny Sambora (Post 1261748)
I miss Richie

I miss Bon Jovi.

Johny 02-20-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1261750)
I miss Bon Jovi.

Me too. Different band now

Santa Fe 02-20-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1261745)

Thanks. You helped

Jonny Sambora 02-20-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1261750)
I miss Bon Jovi.

Yip.

NicoRourke 02-20-2020 01:21 PM

This is gearing up to be the very fist BJ or BJ-related album I won't be buying. Never thought I'd be saying this.
The band really died somewhere after The Circle tour.

semigoodlooking 02-20-2020 01:32 PM

I turned it off around 2 mins in and probably won't listen to it again. Some things are growers, but not everything deserve that chance. This is turgid. I will still give the album a chance but the truth is I am not a Bon Jovi fan anymore and haven't been since maybe 2007. I am a fan of something from the past that happened to have the same name.

How can you have three professional songwriters together and they come up with this?

One of the problems is I don't think Jon even wants to be doing rock music anymore. He would probably prefer to release acoustic music in the vein of several songs over the years. He knows Bon Jovi must deliver some kind of tempo and seems to be caught between two places. That's my hopeful assessment, the less hopeful one would be that he simply doesn't care.

It's all rather embarrasing really. Jon thinks he has something politically important to say, or that people will stand behind his lyrics in a meaningful way. The album cover is embarrasing and looks a little amateurish. Then there's probably a video coming where Jon will look mildly uncomfortable and like he would rather be anywhere else. What I find funny is he is pretentious behind this music, he speaks as if its socially important.

hackster73 02-20-2020 01:50 PM

Something wrong with the Amazon UK download... the song starts, stops then starts again?

liljovi93 02-20-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1261762)
Something wrong with the Amazon UK download... the song starts, stops then starts again?

Probably can't believe how shit it is.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

hackster73 02-20-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1261761)
I turned it off around 2 mins in and probably won't listen to it again. Some things are growers, but not everything deserve that chance. This is turgid. I will still give the album a chance but the truth is I am not a Bon Jovi fan anymore and haven't been since maybe 2007. I am a fan of something from the past that happened to have the same name.

How can you have three professional songwriters together and they come up with this?

One of the problems is I don't think Jon even wants to be doing rock music anymore. He would probably prefer to release acoustic music in the vein of several songs over the years. He knows Bon Jovi must deliver some kind of tempo and seems to be caught between two places. That's my hopeful assessment, the less hopeful one would be that he simply doesn't care.

It's all rather embarrasing really. Jon thinks he has something politically important to say, or that people will stand behind his lyrics in a meaningful way. The album cover is embarrasing and looks a little amateurish. Then there's probably a video coming where Jon will look mildly uncomfortable and like he would rather be anywhere else. What I find funny is he is pretentious behind this music, he speaks as if its socially important.

You can certainly see why Sambora flew the nest in 2013... the direction the band has taken is not one he was born to follow, pardon the pun.

captaincrash0815 02-20-2020 01:57 PM

I'm a huge fan since 1991 but this song...i don't like it!!!

Where a the guitars and the real drums? The guitars are silent and there is no solo from the great Phil X.Please add a solo!Please change the song!

semigoodlooking 02-20-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1261764)
You can certainly see why Sambora flew the nest in 2013... the direction the band has taken is not one he was born to follow, pardon the pun.

Maybe it played a part in why he left. However, Richie was partly responsible for the Bon Jovi we have today too. For me, Bon Jovi has not released a good album since 1995 and the musical direction has been lost since HAND. Richie was heavily invovled with them. I also cannot ignore Aftermath, which I would put alongside TC, WAN, THINFS as medicore to terrible. Then there was the RSO thing, which was worse than anything Bon Jovi has ever done.

Of course, Richie can still salvage the situation if he releases an album. Problem there is a good Sambora album would require something Richie isn't anymore... a good guitar player.

Santa Fe 02-20-2020 02:16 PM

The song needs a solo