Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How bad the situation is nowadays (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70644)

9Songs4U 09-29-2019 05:58 PM

How bad the situation is nowadays

Hi! I've seen this vid from one show in brazil
https://youtu.be/VjIVtQtzml0
Jon's voice is really bad I think Jon should go down with the people and let the other guys sing like Everett did lmao

Danitandi 09-29-2019 06:44 PM

I always knew that everett has a great voice... it would be interesting if Jon shared the lead voice with everett and david during songs like this.

bonjovi90 09-29-2019 06:47 PM

Haven't watched any live videos in a long time, but wow, that was far worse than I remembered him from Munich. Nice job by Everett Bradley though. Maybe they should have the band members sing the songs with Jon miming some choruses, smiling, waving at the crowd and "working the stage".
Might work...

9Songs4U 09-29-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1259128)
Haven't watched any live videos in a long time, but wow, that was far worse than I remembered him from Munich. Nice job by Everett Bradley though. Maybe they should have the band members sing the songs with Jon miming some choruses, smiling, waving at the crowd and "working the stage".
Might work...

Jon's voice is terrible and still there's a lot of people saying that Jon sings better than ever

Johny 09-30-2019 01:09 PM

Great job by Everett.. finally the song sounded the way it should.

It must be devastating to Jon to know, that at keast three guys from the band sing better than him.

Xavi 09-30-2019 03:05 PM

JBJ is done for that job,theres no discussion.

LeaJovi 09-30-2019 03:33 PM

And here I am thinking that Everett sounds terribly out of tune and almost shouting half the notes. Better than Jon but still doesn't come close to even a subpar cover band.

Also, David singing In these arms is terrible aswell. Never saw what people liked about it.

Alphavictim 10-01-2019 11:59 AM

Is he constantly out of breath? I get that stuff for guys like Vince Neil who are bloated and out of shape, but for all the criticism people give him, JBJ's always been in shape.

And yeah, this looks and sounds like a cover band that had Jon step up to do a guest vocal without having warmed up. The two most prominent guys on the video monitors other than JBJ are Bradley and Phil-X. I mean, they do a fine job, but they are not exactly vintage BJ.

TheseDaysEra 10-01-2019 12:31 PM

so it all comes down to this:

lead singer can't sing anymore and let's live band members take the lead. Remember what Jon said about feeling like he was in a covers band back in 2013 when Richie left and Tico had his surgery ? Well what d'you call this ?
He's past caring now. Just as long as that money's machine is working.

R.I.P. Bon Jovi (1983 - 2011) anything past 2011 is nonsense.

jeb865 10-01-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1259212)
so it all comes down to this:

lead singer can't sing anymore and let's live band members take the lead. Remember what Jon said about feeling like he was in a covers band back in 2013 when Richie left and Tico had his surgery ? Well what d'you call this ?
He's past caring now. Just as long as that money's machine is working.

R.I.P. Bon Jovi (1983 - 2011) anything past 2011 is nonsense.

I completely agree. It's been more of a business than a band for a long time.

9Songs4U 10-01-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeb865 (Post 1259221)
I completely agree. It's been more of a business than a band for a long time.

Just like KISS, It's only a showband and merchandise but not Rock band anymore

efpg0708 10-01-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Songs4U (Post 1259126)
Hi! I've seen this vid from one show in brazil
https://youtu.be/VjIVtQtzml0
Jon's voice is really bad I think Jon should go down with the people and let the other guys sing like Everett did lmao

Since the end of 2013 he can’t sing anymore. But what makes me cringe the most is that Jon has shown that, as long as people keep coming, he’ll continue on stage with performances like this. He doesn’t give a damn about the reputation that they’ve built as a live act. As long as people pay him, he’ll do it. So I ask you: is this house really not for sale ?

danfan 10-01-2019 10:01 PM

I saw that this morning and felt sick. I won't pretend to know anything about singing, but I'm confused - Does the fact that his voice shot dirrectly correlate to him not singing anything in tune or even at the right speed? It's like he's speaking the words.

efpg0708 10-01-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1259231)
I saw that this morning and felt sick. I won't pretend to know anything about singing, but I'm confused - Does the fact that his voice shot dirrectly correlate to him not singing anything in tune or even at the right speed? It's like he's speaking the words.

Yes. I’d say the timing issues are more related to breathing issues, as if he doesn’t have enough breath in order to keep up with song, thus he has to stop and breathe, becoming out of time. Jon always had a great voice, but never a great singing technique. As long as he got the pipes, his technical flaws were “hidden”. Now that he doesn’t have them anymore, the issues are all out in the open, for example the breathing issue.

As for the tuning issues, every note you reach and/or hold requires some “effort” on your vocal chords, regardless if you’re using your lower, middle of upper range. Vocal chords are like muscles, the more damaged they are, the harder it is to apply any effort on them. That’s why he can’t reach or hold the right notes anymore. His vocal chords are too damaged to allow him to.

rokuli 10-01-2019 10:42 PM

Why does Jon care so much of his image / stadions / songs etc. yet he doesnt care of his singing voice? I mean come F*****N on. This is ridiculous. Quit now. Please.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-01-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokuli (Post 1259235)
This is ridiculous. Quit now. Please.

Nevah! hihihih.

Savvi 10-02-2019 02:56 PM

They need to retire as a live band. That is it.

Stick together to create albums. Do a show here or there.

Xavi 10-03-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1259239)
They need to retire as a live band. That is it.

Stick together to create albums. Do a show here or there.

I agree 100%
Its time to quit as a live act,or just do a few small shows to present the albums and thats all.
Jon is destroying all the reputation the band earned in 30 years.

BJFan99 10-04-2019 11:43 AM

Bottom line is, does Jon realize what extent he's lost his voice to? Does he even care about it anymore?

IS IT ALL ABOUT THE BUCKS FOR HIM, FOR F*CK'S SAKE????? DOESN'T HE HAVE ANY F*CKING RESPECT FOR US FANS??????????

Yes, I'm angry as hell. I don't know Jon anymore - he's lost himself as much as we've lost him.

manarosi 10-04-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259278)
Bottom line is, does Jon realize what extent he's lost his voice to? Does he even care about it anymore?

IS IT ALL ABOUT THE BUCKS FOR HIM, FOR F*CK'S SAKE????? DOESN'T HE HAVE ANY F*CKING RESPECT FOR US FANS??????????

Yes, I'm angry as hell. I don't know Jon anymore - he's lost himself as much as we've lost him.

sorry to ask, but what's with the respect for fans? I mean, whoever goes to shows enjoys it, if u don't enjoy it u don't go, it's pretty simple to me. I don't think that doing terrible shows is a lack of respect for someone like you posting on this forum...it's their job and they can do whatever they want honestly, it's up to you decide to follow them or not, you're not forced to do it (to me 2000 shows with a terrible voice won't affect my love for them, i'll simply keep listening to old stuff and that's all)

DryCounty 10-04-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1259278)

As long as fans react like this after seeing a Bon Jovi 2019 show Jon will continue. If people still thinks it's a "great show, not as bad vocals as you expected and an energetic shows" and think that is enough, why would Jon quit? Don't act like an ass when you are a part of the problem.

https://i.ibb.co/5jCyJyw/Dry-County.jpg

Rdkopper 10-05-2019 11:05 PM

From the second you pull into a parking lot and walk into a show, you get "that feeling" you only get from being at a Bon Jovi concert... Without hearing a singles note it's 1989 again and you're 17.

You see the tee shirts, you see the fans, you see name and band faces in the lights around the arena. People singing, blasting music in the parking lot. Girls.... It's a Bon Jovi Party...

You grab your seat, you look around, you see and watch the sound check, there is AC/DC and other rock music playing as you wait, every time there is a flicker in a light or a change in sound you hear a scream because the fans think it's time...

Bang, the house lights go out, the arena acoustics are full in effect, the band is playing the intro, Jon hits the stage and the place explodes (without even hearing a note from Jon yet)...

This House Is Not For Sale starts and Jon does okay on that one... Bad Name is next and the place explodes. Jon can't sing it but no one gives a **** because the audience is singing louder than him.... The concert moves on... You can take two paths. 1. Pretend you're Simon Cowell, criticize every thing that wrong, and ruin your good time. Or 2. Grab another beer, live in the moment, say **** it, and have a great time...

The show ends with Living On A Prayer, the greatest rock song of all time... And just like Bad Name, the crowd is singing so loud, you get caught up in the moment and say, "shit, 35 years later, I'm still having an awesome time at a Bon Jovi concert"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 10-05-2019 11:08 PM

I think Bon Jovi goes to 2023... Big milestone year...

40 years with the Band

Jon will be 60 (61 in March)

10 years without Richie.. Jon can actually say that the band went on for another 10 years after Richie left.

9Songs4U 10-06-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1259286)
I think Bon Jovi goes to 2023... Big milestone year...

40 years with the Band

Jon will be 60 (61 in March)

10 years without Richie.. Jon can actually say that the band went on for another 10 years after Richie left.

I understand what you're saying and probably I haven't been on any Bon Jovi show and I don't really understand the feeling inside. But it sounds amazing from your perspective. Somehow it all enclosed to that point, simply live the moment, that moment of watching you favorite band live. Thank you so much.

BD135 10-06-2019 08:51 PM

I really hope Jon cuts back on the next tour and doesn't try to do these big shows. There's no shame in doing some scaled back theater dates with songs comfortable for him to sing.