Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Faceman 06-29-2016 03:03 PM

It's a nice song but I never understood the hype about it.

bonjovi90 06-29-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1202075)

Neither did I. It's a good song, but I've always liked Borderline more from that era.

Rdkopper 06-29-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1202075)

Here is why for me... My best Bon Jovi moments are from the 80's... Slipper, Jersey, & Blaze are the triple crown... Edge could have easily been the 11th track on Slippery but it was abandoned for some b-movie soundtrack... The song did have some minor radio airplay but because I didn't own the song until '91ish, I didn't play it out like I did the other album tracks... If it was included on Slippery, I might have a different opinion....

Don't get me wrong, there are way better songs out there such as Wanted and Prayer but it's for the reasons stated above as to why it's my favorite song...

Not to mention, the songs got some edge (no pun intended) to it...

Becky 06-29-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1201977)
When you say your prayers, try to understand
I've made mistakes, I'm just a man

Such an awesome lyric!!!!

I've always thought that was a great line too.

Lucas_Roli 06-30-2016 08:06 PM

Is it just me or did the band start using social media more often lately?

united17 06-30-2016 09:18 PM

Yeah I think they have but still not in any meaningful way.
There's nothing very candid or band members interacting with fans through the band's social media. I don't really care for the 'comment below with your favorite lyric from the These Days album, released in 1995' type of posts or just the random posts with lyrics.

I'd like to see videos from in the studio or what they do in their downtime on tour, Twitter Q&A's, Snapchat - even if it's just random/mundane stuff. It's nice to see things from the artist's PoV or to see them interact with fans through social media platforms.

Captain_jovi 06-30-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1202130)
Yeah I think they have but still not in any meaningful way.
There's nothing very candid or band members interacting with fans through the band's social media. I don't really care for the 'comment below with your favorite lyric from the These Days album, released in 1995' type of posts or just the random posts with lyrics.

I'd like to see videos from in the studio or what they do in their downtime on tour, Twitter Q&A's, Snapchat - even if it's just random/mundane stuff. It's nice to see things from the artist's PoV or to see them interact with fans through social media platforms.

Yup. Back in 2000 the band went out of their way to embrace the digital world and post BJTVs. Jeez, in 2010 Jon asked the fanbase to get the Superman Tonight video into the top 10 on a VH1 countdown and offered an acoustic dressing room performance with him and Richie if we did. Then we didn't. It was such a missed opportunity to highlight the song in a new way and I've never understood why that extra step isn't taken when it comes to online content.

http://www.bonjovi.com/music/4303175...w#.V3WR4bgrKM8 The full lyrics for What about now have yet to be added and it's still riddled with typos and wrong lyrics.

Rdkopper 06-30-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1202128)
Is it just me or did the band start using social media more often lately?

I think it's just becoming more of the norm and accepted...

Bounce7800 07-01-2016 01:56 PM

Mainly to flog his old mans Pasta sauce or some tacky leggings

rolo_tomachi 07-16-2016 04:12 PM

I will not open a new thread to ask this question, so I put it here.

I've been listening to Special Tour Editons bonus tracks lives, my question is.....
You Give Love a Bad Name Live of what year it is? It seems of New Jersey or Keep The Faith tour. And Wanted dead or Alive acoustic live, it seems to be 1988-1990.

someone knows?