Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Captain_jovi 11-01-2018 12:41 AM

Personally if I'm seeing ANY band on tour I'd really rather hear their own songs. Covers can be fun but too many in a row feel like a waste of time.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-01-2018 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1246568)
Jon's scream could turn water onto wine...

https://i.postimg.cc/4fvYvCgK/dgsdgdg.png

ops

Bounce7800 11-02-2018 05:45 PM

As I may have mentioned before, BBC Four have been showing old Top Of The Pops episodes from the 80s chronologically. Now we are up to 1986, and next Friday should be Bon Jovi appearing doing Bad Name:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0brk4hs

Just in case anyone wants to record a better quality version than those on YT *cough* bonjovi90 *cough* ;) Because who doesn't want more YT comments of people rushing to shout "lip sync" and "miming". Geniuses.

Prayer was in mid-November a couple of times, so I'll give a reminder when that is up also.

bonjovi90 11-02-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246747)
As I may have mentioned before, BBC Four have been showing old Top Of The Pops episodes from the 80s chronologically. Now we are up to 1986, and next Friday should be Bon Jovi appearing doing Bad Name:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0brk4hs

Just in case anyone wants to record a better quality version than those on YT *cough* bonjovi90 *cough* ;) Because who doesn't want more YT comments of people rushing to shout "lip sync" and "miming". Geniuses.

Prayer was in mid-November a couple of times, so I'll give a reminder when that is up also.

I can't record the BBC program in Germany :mrgreen:

Becky 11-04-2018 01:28 AM

When I’ve seen an artist many times, I enjoy hearing some covers. They can be a lot of fun. There’s no universal rule for how audience members would react.

angelsambo 11-04-2018 03:08 PM

How Bon Jovi Restarted Their Career With ‘Keep the Faith’

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-keep-the-faith/

jon should read the whole article

Captain_jovi 11-04-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1246818)
When I’ve seen an artist many times, I enjoy hearing some covers. They can be a lot of fun. There’s no universal rule for how audience members would react.

True enough. I'm more speaking about why I wouldn't like that setlist but that's me. Other people would go nuts for that stuff.

semigoodlooking 11-04-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246850)
True enough. I'm more speaking about why I wouldn't like that setlist but that's me. Other people would go nuts for that stuff.

I agree, and five of them closing the show too, what a let down that would be. Btw, if Jon pulled this now we would all be kicking off.

Problem with covers is you have to like the song they are covering. I have almost no interest in seeing the original artists sing those songs Bon Jovi covered in that setlist, so why would I be happy with Bon Jovi singing them?

Was this a standard for the Jersey tour, or was it because that Dublin show was going so wrong?

bonjovi90 11-04-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1246851)

Was this a standard for the Jersey tour, or was it because that Dublin show was going so wrong?

The latter. Hammersmith Odeon aside, they didn't do so many covers at all during that tour. But during that night seemingly nothing was working - from the band hearing the wrong mixes etc on their monitors (or no mixes at all) to the PA going off etc. - nothing was really working. You can see them argueing about that at the beginning of Access All Areas.
So Jon probably figured that if, in his mind, the show had gone to hell anyway, they might just play some stuff out of the norm. Which they did. Also taken into consideration that the standard Jersey tour shows only had about 15 songs, they didn't cut too much of their material that night either. Just kept on playing like a bar band in the second encore.

JackieBlue 11-05-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1246852)
The latter. Hammersmith Odeon aside, they didn't do so many covers at all during that tour. But during that night seemingly nothing was working - from the band hearing the wrong mixes etc on their monitors (or no mixes at all) to the PA going off etc. - nothing was really working. You can see them argueing about that at the beginning of Access All Areas...

I literally just finished re-watching the Making of the Boxset video, which includes that, too. I think that was one of my favorite parts. Going from the fans who loved everything and thought the show was wonderful, to the band who were complaining about how everything that could go wrong did, then flipping back and forth to show the contrast was pure genius.

Becky 11-05-2018 02:41 AM

Some of Bon Jovi’s covers let me enjoy or even introduced me to songs I never cared/knew about one way or the other before they did it: Help, With a Little Help from My Friends, Imagine, It’s My Life/We Gotta Get Out of this Place, Sylvia’s Mother, Hallelujah, It’s Only Rock and Roll, Sympathy for the Devil, etc... There were no Beatles or Rolling Stones records in my mother’s collection I listened to as a kid. But then they have also covered songs I already loved and made them even better (for me): Bridge Over Troubled Water, Mrs. Robinson, It’s Only Make Believe, anything originally done by Elvis (my mom had all his records), and so forth.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246805)
no one is telling people....not to express their feelings...?

what in the name of God this means??? (I'm talking about JackieBlue not about me lol)

JackieBlue 11-05-2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246882)
what in the name of God this means??? (I'm talking about JackieBlue not about me lol)

HUH??? How'd I get in the middle of this?:confused:

Captain_jovi 11-05-2018 05:26 AM

Oh I don't know what she's talking about half the time :)

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 06:24 AM

Maybe because you don't know what I know

Xavi 11-05-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1246881)
Some of Bon Jovi’s covers let me enjoy or even introduced me to songs I never cared/knew about one way or the other before they did it: Help, With a Little Help from My Friends, Imagine, It’s My Life/We Gotta Get Out of this Place, Sylvia’s Mother, Hallelujah, It’s Only Rock and Roll, Sympathy for the Devil, etc... There were no Beatles or Rolling Stones records in my mother’s collection I listened to as a kid. But then they have also covered songs I already loved and made them even better (for me): Bridge Over Troubled Water, Mrs. Robinson, It’s Only Make Believe, anything originally done by Elvis (my mom had all his records), and so forth.

I once talked to Obie,back in 2010,and he told me that he had an idea for years in his mind that was to release an album with the best covers the band had played through the years.

semigoodlooking 11-05-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246890)
I once talked to Obie,back in 2010,and he told me that he had an idea for years in his mind that was to release an album with the best covers the band had played through the years.

While I wouldn't really want this (I hated Metallica's Garage Inc. for example), it would have been a preferable project to This Left Feels Right.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 12:42 PM

to me any old song is welcomed... JBJ had the idea of the Box Set specifically since 1999 because of those 60 songs that we all know, he thought "it might be a good idea as a part of a box set or something."
Kinda like when with NJ he said they wrote so much but that double LP didn't work out and that stuff coud be for the next album or some of them used for B-sides

Jovi98 11-05-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246899)
to me any old song is welcomed... JBJ had the idea of the Box Set specifically since 1999 because of those 60 songs that we all know, he thought "it might be a good idea as a part of a box set or something."
Kinda like when with NJ he said they wrote so much but that double LP didn't work out and that stuff coud be for the next album or some of them used for B-sides

i hope that someday i will can hear the original version of "it only takes one to say goodbye" sung by Jon.

Nige 11-06-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1246905)
i hope that someday i will can hear the original version of "it only takes one to say goodbye" sung by Jon.

Same here, plus Jon singing Only In My Dreams too.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 05:23 PM

lol

https://i.postimg.cc/76tDzjsm/ffsdgdssdg.png

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1247069)

Thanks for reminding me Jon... I vote Republican!!!! Oh and Trump is still our President...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247070)
Thanks for reminding me Jon... I vote Republican!!!! Oh and Trump is still our President...

Calm down Evilgenius!
lol

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247070)

We are half way through that experiment thankfully!

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247072)
We are half way through that experiment thankfully!

Are you sure??? A small population making a lot of noise means nothing...

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247085)
Are you sure??? A small population making a lot of noise means nothing...

Yes, I have confidence voters won't rest on their laurels this time. No second term for Mr. Trump.

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247087)
Yes, I have confidence voters won't rest on their laurels this time. No second term for Mr. Trump.

I don't believe that was the case but... okay... Just enjoy the next two years then.

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247089)
I don't believe that was the case but... okay... Just enjoy the next two years then.

Oh I do, most voters thought he had NO chance whatsoever so they stayed at home as Hilary was so unlikable. You saw the percentage of folks that didn't bother voting in the election right? Question, if Bloomberg ran in 2020 as a Independent, would you vote for him or still stay Trump (I'm assuming even a centrist Democrat has no chance with you)?

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247090)
Oh I do, most voters thought he had NO chance whatsoever so they stayed at home as Hilary was so unlikable. You saw the percentage of folks that didn't bother voting in the election right? Question, if Bloomberg ran in 2020 as a Independent, would you vote for him or still stay Trump (I'm assuming even a centrist Democrat has no chance with you)?

I don't believe any poll or what any mainstream news outlet says...

Trump has done some wonderful things for this country so just appreciate it while it lasts...

Thank You President Trump!!!

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247091)

Jon Bon Jovi has done some wonderful things for this country so just appreciate it while it lasts...

Thank You President Jon Bon Jovi!!!

Fixed that for you, only to stay on topic you know...
btw I kinda like Trump.

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Trump has done some wonderful things for this country so just appreciate it while it lasts...

Where did I mention polls or media? I can't get past his laziness for wanting to simply educate himself in say economics or our government. That and just the pettiness and meanness that he spews. No thanks. Your small little tax break does sunset you know that right? Looks like you tow the party line no matter who it is. I vote person over party and country over party.

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247093)
Where did I mention polls or media? I can't get past his laziness for wanting to simply educate himself in say economics or our government. That and just the pettiness and meanness that he spews. No thanks. Your small little tax break does sunset you know that right? Looks like you tow the party line no matter who it is. I vote person over party and country over party.

It's much more than the economy... it's foreign respect... I can't wrap my head around anyone who thinks Obama did anything good for this country besides worry about Political Correctness while those same nations chanted death to Americans... It's sickening to look back and remember what this country went through during his term...

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247094)
It's much more than the economy... it's foreign respect... I can't wrap my head around anyone who thinks Obama did anything good for this country besides worry about Political Correctness while those same nations chanted death to Americans... It's sickening to look back and remember what this country went through during his term...

Uh what? We have foreign respect now? So you concede that under President Obama we went from an economy in the shitter to one that was prosperous again?

I am going to guess you don't travel internationally much because if you did the first time you opened your mouth in the country you were visiting you'd hear, "Why did you elect Trump?" I do travel abroad a lot and I hear that over and over and over.

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247095)
Uh what? We have foreign respect now? So you concede that under President Obama we went from an economy in the shitter to one that was prosperous again?

I am going to guess you don't travel internationally much because if you did the first time you opened your mouth in the country you were visiting you'd hear, "Why did you elect Trump?" I do travel abroad a lot and I hear that over and over and over.

Ohhhh... You're talking about that type of respect... I'm talking about not getting bullied around by other nations respect... Remind me, how many billions did we give to Iran while they chanted Death To Americans?

YOVANAfromPeru 11-07-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247095)

He came to Peru the other day... O_O
Okay, I'm out of here!!

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247096)
Ohhhh... You're talking about that type of respect... I'm talking about not getting bullied around by other nations respect... Remind me, how many billions did we give to Iran while they chanted Death To Americans?

It was there money!!!! Was the timing not good since it coincided with the release of 4 Americans, NO however, this was money that was held in a trust since sanctions in Iran began!

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 09:21 PM

Here is the problem... It's these Democratic Liberals who bitch and cry all day long and come up with every excuse in the book as to why they lost... And then once they are backed into a corner they unfriend everyone...

They would rather do that and keep the nation divided instead of becoming part of their own solution...

Just a small population making a lot of noise... like little chihuahuas...

I've never seen babies act like this before... it's embarrassing and disgusting...

Walleris 11-07-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Amen!!!
God bless America - the greatest country in the world!!!

Rdkopper 11-07-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1247098)
It was there money!!!! Was the timing not good since it coincided with the release of 4 Americans, NO however, this was money that was held in a trust since sanctions in Iran began!

You forgot the part about them building nuclear weapons! President Trump was appalled by this but as long as its politically correct, I guess it's okay in your book...

bjcrazycpa 11-07-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247099)
Here is the problem... It's these Democratic Liberals who bitch and cry all day long and come up with every excuse in the book as to why they lost... And then once they are backed into to corner they unfriend everyone...

They would rather do that and keep the nation divided instead of becoming part of their own solution...

Just a small population making a lot of noise... like little chihuahuas...

I've never seen babies act like this before... it's embarrassing and disgusting...

I'm not sure I can keep following this schizophrenic deflection. So, you tell me what bi-partisan legislation has Trump proposed to unite us? Campaign finance reform? Any kind of healthcare plan that doesn't leave it in the hands of greedy insurance companies? I'll let you give me the laundry list. And I am saying even among your own party you have defectors (see my Bloomberg comment way back).

And when did you and the Republicans do anything to "become a part of the solution" when Mitch McConnell blatantly said he'd make it his job to block any Obama bills.

I'm happy to debate but you have to have sensible arguments.