Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

rolo_tomachi 07-17-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1202634)
If that's true, I completely understand the label. They put out the NJ deluxe anniversary edition that had a whole new album worth of outtakes and commercially it did much worse that everyone expected.

Sadly, Bon Jovi just doesn't have that big enough die-hard audience (compared to Bruce or Pearl Jam, for example) that would pay money for these things.

However SWW is the most iconic album of Bon Jovi and is very prominent in the eighties. Could launch a 30th anniversary edition now, because it is the right time.

But they have been greedy with the reeditions the past decade.

2005 - SWW Dual Disc 5.1 (album in 5.1) no unrrelased song, no bonus tracks.
2010 - Special Editions Tour (remastered) only 4 live tracks.

2016 - 30TH Annyversary (would be... 2cd+book) cd1 Album+bonus tracks unrrelased songs. cd2 live show from 1986. book of pics from tour.

I do not know if they have a videotaped concert worth, simply with these 2cds, we would be very happy.

Lucas_Roli 07-28-2016 07:52 PM

i've been listening to this song non stop today, it's so freaking catchy.

Faceman 07-28-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1203034)

I had that phase 4 weeks ago :D

B.J.F. 07-28-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1202634)
If that's true, I completely understand the label. They put out the NJ deluxe anniversary edition that had a whole new album worth of outtakes and commercially it did much worse that everyone expected.

Sadly, Bon Jovi just doesn't have that big enough die-hard audience (compared to Bruce or Pearl Jam, for example) that would pay money for these things.

Oh gee maybe Bon Jovi just has too many dummies for fans like me. I didn't even realize what those deluxe anniversary editions consisted of.

rolo_tomachi 07-28-2016 08:49 PM

This cover would be a great TLFR version if Jon had recorded this one.

Alphavictim 07-28-2016 09:39 PM

Is that autotune / pitch correction in the chorus?

Pretty cool either way, though!

bonjovi90 07-28-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1203049)
Is that autotune / pitch correction in the chorus?

Pretty cool either way, though!

Not sure, I think it's rather some (unnecessary) effect. This guy also made a cover of Brokenpromiseland and that's pretty much the tone and range of his voice, so I think it's natural.

DryCounty 07-29-2016 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1203034)
Witness - You re Not My Lover - YouTube

I always imagine how it would be hearing a Bon Jovi-take on that song during the NJ era. Could be pretty fantastic, it's a great, great song that has BJ written all over it. Shame there's no band demo of it.

Alphavictim 07-29-2016 02:43 AM

The Witness version sounds a lot more like BJ than the Dalton one for sure. And yeah, with this arrangement, it sounds just like the lost BJ song it is. The prechorus especially is a lot more effective this way.

Rdkopper 07-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1203056)
The Witness version sounds a lot more like BJ than the Dalton one for sure. And yeah, with this arrangement, it sounds just like the lost BJ song it is. The prechorus especially is a lot more effective this way.

There has to be a demo version of this song sung by Jon in the vaults...

And also a demo version of Jon doing Notorious by Loverboy... It's been stated that Loverboy rearranged the so much that it's much different than Bon Jovi's initial version...

B.J.F. 07-30-2016 03:09 AM

I could so do without this: http://www.people.com/article/jon-bo...-entertainment

jovifan93 07-30-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J.F. (Post 1203096)

I don't know, I found it funny. Ok, same old story he's been telling for years, but other than that...

At least he doesn't endorse that crazy old madman that is Trump.

ajf33 07-31-2016 09:04 AM

I've been listening to Meatloaf recently, and heard Elvis in Vegas last night, and wondered if there was a band demo or version of this, or if Jon wrote it especially for Meatloaf?

Nige 07-31-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 1203148)
I've been listening to Meatloaf recently, and heard Elvis in Vegas last night, and wondered if there was a band demo or version of this, or if Jon wrote it especially for Meatloaf?

It dates back to circa 1994/5 so I would almost guarantee there is a demo version from the These Days sessions which would be amazing to hear. Sadly it's never leaked or been released.

Rdkopper 08-02-2016 01:47 PM

One interesting fact that I picked up on during the NY Fan Club show was Jon stating that he doesn't drink anymore!

I don't think he was joking either... I wonder if it's because of his voice? Or maybe it was becoming a bit too much?

I'm surprised no one else commented or picked up on that...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

luceknight 08-02-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1203255)
One interesting fact that I picked up on during the NY Fan Club show was Jon stating that he doesn't drink anymore!

I don't think he was joking either... I wonder if it's because of his voice? Or maybe it was becoming a bit too much?

Interesting!! I didnt know that.
In fact there are so few info about what he said in the last RT thing, if you have more pls share with us!

bonjovi90 08-02-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1203255)

Did he say that during the show? Maybe he is really trying to do anything to preserve the rest of voice.

Rdkopper 08-02-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1203257)
Did he say that during the show? Maybe he is really trying to do anything to preserve the rest of voice.

He was talking about the Direct TV videos... Go to that thread and listen to the link I attached...

united17 08-02-2016 07:17 PM

I prefer Nickelback's socially conscious/optimistic rock songs to Bon Jovi's:

Becky 08-03-2016 11:05 PM

Maybe Jon not drinking anymore has something to do with not wanting to be the next rock star found dead from mixing pain pills and alcohol. My guess--and it is just a guess--is that Jon has pain pills for chronic pain from his multiple injuries that he probably doesn't take every day but he knows better than to mix alcohol with when he does take them. And if he didn't know better before than this year of celebrities dropping like flies may have taught his superstitious yet intelligent little self to think twice. After all, they traced Prince's death back to his pain medication for his hip problem. Wake up call, perhaps? Just a theory.

It's my faith 08-04-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1203371)
Maybe Jon not drinking anymore has something to do with not wanting to be the next rock star found dead from mixing pain pills and alcohol. My guess--and it is just a guess--is that Jon has pain pills for chronic pain from his multiple injuries that he probably doesn't take every day but he knows better than to mix alcohol with when he does take them. And if he didn't know better before than this year of celebrities dropping like flies may have taught his superstitious yet intelligent little self to think twice. After all, they traced Prince's death back to his pain medication for his hip problem. Wake up call, perhaps? Just a theory.

Good thing that Jon is almost never drunk in public, this is a sing of not-drinking too much (on the other hand Richie....). I think the last time I saw him drunk/drugged was in Rock in Rio 2008. Jon seems very reasonable, he knows that alcohol and too much medication is bad for him...

bonjovi90 08-04-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1203373)
Good thing that Jon is almost never drunk in public, this is a sing of not-drinking too much (on the other hand Richie....). I think the last time I saw him drunk/drugged was in Rock in Rio 2008. Jon seems very reasonable, he knows that alcohol and too much medication is bad for him...

On the other hand he delivered one of my favourite shows while he was heavily drunk - Paris 1997 :)

Kathleen 08-04-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1203374)
On the other hand he delivered one of my favourite shows while he was heavily drunk - Paris 1997 :)

Jon may need to "just" take the edge off before he can be as good as he really is. That was a hell of a show :)

Bounce7800 08-05-2016 11:37 AM

Looks like those Direct TV ads are doing the business in the states as they were even mentioned on WWE Raw during a promo, as it's a running joke that Chris Jericho looks like Bon Jovi:

https://youtu.be/_8doaMtKLhY?t=962

It's my faith 08-18-2016 04:22 PM

I'm sure that we already have answered this question but I can't find it anymore...

Do you remember which song is the One wild night intro? I'm sure that there was a youtube video with a full 3 minute song....

Rdkopper 08-18-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1205014)
I'm sure that we already have answered this question but I can't find it anymore...

Do you remember which song is the One wild night intro? I'm sure that there was a youtube video with a full 3 minute song....

Are you referring to the elevator music?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

It's my faith 08-18-2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1205015)
Are you referring to the elevator music?

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Yep, exactly!

DryCounty 03-21-2017 04:21 PM

Bumping this old thread as there's no use to start a new thread.

I'm simply wondering if anyone remember the excellent site that used to be where you could find all the info you could possibly want about all Bon Jovi releases - regarding different pressings, CD/LPS, promo CDs, singles and so on.

Remember it was categorized in album and built up like a "bookshelf-kind of". Pretty bad description but I'm sure some of you knows what I mean. It has been praised here quite a few times, but now that I want to find it I just can't seem to. Maybe it's been shut down, real shame if it's so.

So, anyone knows what site I mean? I can't seem to remember its name...

bonjovi90 03-21-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1221393)
Bumping this old thread as there's no use to start a new thread.

I'm simply wondering if anyone remember the excellent site that used to be where you could find all the info you could possibly want about all Bon Jovi releases - regarding different pressings, CD/LPS, promo CDs, singles and so on.

Remember it was categorized in album and built up like a "bookshelf-kind of". Pretty bad description but I'm sure some of you knows what I mean. It has been praised here quite a few times, but now that I want to find it I just can't seem to. Maybe it's been shut down, real shame if it's so.

So, anyone knows what site I mean? I can't seem to remember its name...

It used to be this site:
http://www.bjaidb.com/index.php

But it's been offline for almost two years now.

cqleonardo 03-21-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1221397)
It used to be this site:
http://www.bjaidb.com/index.php

But it's been offline for almost two years now.

I spent hours and hours looking at this site when it was online

cqleonardo 03-21-2017 06:26 PM

I've been listening to a lot of bootlegs on the last days, different years and god, they were good, I saw Wembley 95 #1 last night and the energy, the happiness they had that night...

Bounce7800 03-21-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1221399)

You may be able to find some of it about still http://web.archive.org/web/200806151....com/index.php

bonjovi90 03-21-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1221401)
I've been listening to a lot of bootlegs on the last days, different years and god, they were good, I saw Wembley 95 #1 last night and the energy, the happiness they had that night...

Then give Wembley night 2 a shot. To me it was the outstanding show of those three, especially since Jon's voice held up all night long.

DryCounty 03-21-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1221404)
You may be able to find some of it about still http://web.archive.org/web/200806151....com/index.php

Thank you so much!!!!

cqleonardo 03-22-2017 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1221406)
Then give Wembley night 2 a shot. To me it was the outstanding show of those three, especially since Jon's voice held up all night long.

I'm gonna listen today! thanks

cqleonardo 03-22-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1221404)

freaking awesome, thanks dude

Kokutetsu101 03-23-2017 09:55 AM

this is amazing...man wish Jon would do stg to believe in
https://youtu.be/I1AIVB-v7fc

rokuli 03-24-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1221399)

Me too! It was awesome!

KeepTheFaith2211 03-26-2017 04:20 PM

Watched Yokohama 1996 last night after a few drinks. Nearly cried. Not their best performance so I'm told, but holy hell if it's not it proves what a band they were. 'Hey God' can melt your face off, 'I'll Be There For You' is perfection, 'Blood On Blood' is littered with heart and soul, 'Something To Believe In' is pure raw emotion, and that acoustic 'Wanted Dead Or Alive'...beautiful.

Rdkopper 03-26-2017 07:07 PM

Are the beginning parts of We Don't Run live a playback??? Ooooooo, Ooooooo, Oooooo