Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Walleris 03-26-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1221700)
Watched Yokohama 1996 last night after a few drinks. Nearly cried. Not their best performance so I'm told, but holy hell if it's not it proves what a band they were. 'Hey God' can melt your face off, 'I'll Be There For You' is perfection, 'Blood On Blood' is littered with heart and soul, 'Something To Believe In' is pure raw emotion, and that acoustic 'Wanted Dead Or Alive'...beautiful.

That was some odd 21 years ago and some level of decline can be expected. But trying to watch any of the 2011 European shows would probably make me shed a tear...

bonjovi90 03-26-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1221710)
Are the beginning parts of We Don't Run live a playback??? Ooooooo, Ooooooo, Oooooo

I think they have a backing track of the vocals and sing on top of that.

Walleris 03-26-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1221730)
I think they have a backing track of the vocals and sing on top of that.

That's likely the case, I agree. However, I believe it was 100% live in 2015. The difference is quite noticeable between the recordings. I know there's more people singing in recent performances, but still sounds a tad more artificial.

KeepTheFaith2211 03-28-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1221712)
That was some odd 21 years ago and some level of decline can be expected. But trying to watch any of the 2011 European shows would probably make me shed a tear...

Oh I totally agree. 'Just think it's crazy how great they were once upon a time, but then again, even just back between 2008-11 I thought they were fantastic live and a match for anyone. I saw two shows in 2013 and while one was very good and a lot of fun, the other was the complete opposite.

DryCounty 03-29-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1221927)
Oh I totally agree. 'Just think it's crazy how great they were once upon a time, but then again, even just back between 2008-11 I thought they were fantastic live and a match for anyone. I saw two shows in 2013 and while one was very good and a lot of fun, the other was the complete opposite.

Agree! I wasn't old enough to see Bon Jovi at their best, but Oslo 2011 is probably the best show I've ever seen by any band. Jon was absolutely incredible both vocal wise and as a front man. He worked the stage all night like crazy and the audience were like possessed the entire show from Raise Your Hands to Prayer. The show was over 2h and 30 min long was filled with treats like Damned, Blaze, Diamond Ring, stunning version of Bed of Roses, LTOR, Wild is the Wind, I'd Die For You etc.
What really stands out about the show is that it's probably the only show done since the LH Tour to not contain a single song from Lost Highway. Really wished there was a bootleg from that show.

On the other hand the worst Bon Jovi show I've ever seen was a only a few days later in Horsens, Denmark. However I can't blame the band, it was the concert after Jon hurt is calf badly in Helsinki. He jumped in on crutches during the opening number and it was remarkable they even did the show.

jazzsta 03-30-2017 09:40 AM

Which song is LOTR??

Bounce7800 03-30-2017 11:48 AM

Loves The Only Rule

jazzsta 03-31-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1222037)
Loves The Only Rule

ok yeah I could not see it because Love IS The Only Rule. And I was searching amongst older albums as well. thanx.

bonjovi90 03-31-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1222096)
ok yeah I could not see it because Love IS The Only Rule. And I was searching amongst older albums as well. thanx.

The title actually is "Love's The Only Rule", so you could have seen it :p

cqleonardo 03-31-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzsta (Post 1222096)

http://www.free-covers.org/covers/13698.jpg

Javier 03-31-2017 10:28 PM

For some reason whenever I see "LTOR" posted anywhere my mind immediately goes towards 'Lord Of The Rings'.

I know what it means and what song it's referring to, but for that second or two it's how my mind immediately associates it.....

Panda 03-31-2017 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1222135)
For some reason whenever I see "LTOR" posted anywhere my mind immediately goes towards 'Lord Of The Rings'.

I know what it means and what song it's referring to, but for that second or two it's how my mind immediately associates it.....

You're not alone, Samwise the brave.

Walkerboy 04-04-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1221700)
Watched Yokohama 1996 last night after a few drinks. Nearly cried. Not their best performance so I'm told, but holy hell if it's not it proves what a band they were. 'Hey God' can melt your face off, 'I'll Be There For You' is perfection, 'Blood On Blood' is littered with heart and soul, 'Something To Believe In' is pure raw emotion, and that acoustic 'Wanted Dead Or Alive'...beautiful.

Put the CD of this on in the car the other day, and the opening with the marching band still blows me away...

KeepTheFaith2211 04-07-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1222586)
Put the CD of this on in the car the other day, and the opening with the marching band still blows me away...

Same. Love that introduction.

DryCounty 04-12-2017 05:36 PM

Just throwing this one out...
Has Lance Quinn ever done an interview about working with the band on the two first records? I mean he did produce two albums by one of the biggest rock bands ever but I have never heard him say a work about his work. As a matter of fact, trying to google Lance Quinn is like googling a ghost. Can't find anything about the guy.

Six-String 04-18-2017 02:04 AM

What's your favourite live version of SIBSN?

Alphavictim 04-18-2017 03:27 AM

Are there any definite bootlegs from the Bounce or HAND era? A very good fan of mine really likes the band, but for him, the last relevant records were these two. Is there anything great out there from that era? I know the "street show in NYC" from the Bounce-era is pretty good, but it's obviously not a full performance.

DryCounty 05-29-2017 12:55 PM

How is the Lost Highway European Leg 2008 covered when it comes to bootlegs? I remember I had quite some shows from the 2008 leg but I lost most bootlegs from that tour when my family moved back then and hasn't really been able to get hold of many since. It's mostly audio I'm thinking about.

And NO, I'm not asking for any download links or anything, just putting the question out because it would make my search a lot easier if I knew which shows I'm looking for.

Nige 05-29-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ_AUT (Post 1223754)
What's your favourite live version of SIBSN?

The one on the live album is great, but Manchester 2003 has always been the one for me. I may be a bit biased because I was there.

Nige 05-29-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1223757)
Are there any definite bootlegs from the Bounce or HAND era? A very good fan of mine really likes the band, but for him, the last relevant records were these two. Is there anything great out there from that era? I know the "street show in NYC" from the Bounce-era is pretty good, but it's obviously not a full performance.

Can't remember any specifically for HAND off the top of my head but both Tokyo shows and Osaka from the Bounce tour were great.

bonjovi90 05-29-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1224772)
How is the Lost Highway European Leg 2008 covered when it comes to bootlegs? I remember I had quite some shows from the 2008 leg but I lost most bootlegs from that tour when my family moved back then and hasn't really been able to get hold of many since. It's mostly audio I'm thinking about.

And NO, I'm not asking for any download links or anything, just putting the question out because it would make my search a lot easier if I knew which shows I'm looking for.

All but Leipzig, Southtampton, Denmark, Glasgow, Coventry and Bristol are available.

Nige 05-29-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1223327)
Just throwing this one out...
Has Lance Quinn ever done an interview about working with the band on the two first records? I mean he did produce two albums by one of the biggest rock bands ever but I have never heard him say a work about his work. As a matter of fact, trying to google Lance Quinn is like googling a ghost. Can't find anything about the guy.

He is very elusive isn't he? I've looked from time to time too and never really found anything.

bonjovi90 05-29-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1223757)

Going by the performance - Munich would be on the top of my list, though the quality of the recording itself is quite poor. Manchester was great (also in terms of audience participation) and some of the Japanese shows (there are even recordings taken from Jon's microphone).
The ultimate one would be Anaheim. Superb in terms of performance and sound quality, but "only" available as a DVD.

Bounce7800 05-29-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1224775)
All but Leipzig, Southtampton, Denmark, Glasgow, Coventry and Bristol are available.

Typical, 3 of the shows I did on that list :(

DryCounty 05-29-2017 02:11 PM

Anyone who have those LH Tour shows and are willing to trade them for something from my collection are welcome to contact me. But let's take it on PM From here so we're not breaking any rules :)

Rdkopper 10-16-2017 03:23 AM

I'm watching the Giants game and right before they went to commercial, they were playing the beginning of I'm Your Man from Burning Bridges... No lyrics just that intro...It was so random that it took me a few minutes to figure out what it was but I knew it sounded familiar... Out of all songs to hand over, who made that decision? It actually sounded like it was part of the network. Anyway, just thought I'd share...

MellyMel 10-16-2017 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229664)
I'm watching the Giants game and right before they went to commercial, they were playing the beginning of I'm Your Man from Burning Bridges... No lyrics just that intro...It was so random that it took me a few minutes to figure out what it was but I knew it sounded familiar... Out of all songs to hand over, who made that decision? It actually sounded like it was part of the network. Anyway, just thought I'd share...

I heard it too! And thank you for giving me the title. It was driving me crazy, I knew it was a Bon Jovi song when I heard it, but couldn’t think which one without any lyrics.

LarryBJ 10-16-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

And finally we got a win

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J320FN μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 10-16-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

I heard it too and recognized it instantly as I quite like that song. I did wonder why they were playing it lol!

Rdkopper 10-16-2017 05:06 PM

A Bonus Track on a Non Album... Out of the 10 million people watching, there were probably around 15 people who could actually identified that song as a Bon Jovi song... Way to promote Jon!!!!

Zakatar 10-18-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1229686)
A Bonus Track on a Non Album... Out of the 10 million people watching, there were probably around 15 people who could actually identified that song as a Bon Jovi song... Way to promote Jon!!!!

I'm Your Man isn't a bonus track. That's Take Back the Night.

Becky 01-11-2018 03:25 AM

This is one of those things that doesn’t warrant a thread. Today on Feedback on Volume, they discussed songs about aging. There was a remark about how all the songs seemed to lament the passing of time. Someone called in about Just Older and they played part of it and were complimentary of how Jon is positive and embracing aging with the gray hair and all. Nik said that of course Jon was okay with getting older, he looks better now than he did 20 years ago. I don’t think they realized the song was from 2000. But at least they had positive reactions.

Becky 01-11-2018 04:22 PM

If you have SiriusXM Volume and can get shows on demand, you may want to listen to the 2nd hour of Feedback from this morning. They segued from talking about Iman never aging and Nik said “Black don’t crack” but then mentioned that Jon never ages. Lori said, “Jon’s not Black.” Nik said he was a pillar of the Black community. 😄 Then they actually did start a discussion about him and that he had played for Maria Menunos wedding, played the clip of him playing the piano and Going to the Chapel, talked about the pictures of Jon and Bruce together yesterday, speculated if Bruce might indict them (well, they said him) and speculated about who it might be.

cqleonardo 01-23-2018 08:03 PM

I will never understand why Woman in Love made the final cut on KTF and Fields of Fire didn't.... that pisses me off

rolo_tomachi 01-23-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1232459)
talked about the pictures of Jon and Bruce together yesterday, speculated if Bruce might induct them (well, they said him) and speculated about who it might be.

mmmm maybe Jon asked Bruce first, but he rejected it ... I can see that scenario, Jon could have tried it.

Becky 01-23-2018 08:27 PM

Jon asked Howard long before the lunch with Bruce. You can get that clearly if you listen to the Howard interview. I don’t believe Jon would have even considered Bruce. They are clearly friends and respect each other, but Jon has said he made a mistake naming New Jersey that title because the Bruce comparisons became nonstop at that point.

rolo_tomachi 01-23-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1233511)
Jon asked Howard long before the lunch with Bruce. You can get that clearly if you listen to the Howard interview. I don’t believe Jon would have even considered Bruce. They are clearly friends and respect each other, but Jon has said he made a mistake naming New Jersey that title because the Bruce comparisons became nonstop at that point.

So why did they speculate? that photo with Bruce was published on January 12, long before Jon went to see Howard.

Becky 01-23-2018 11:28 PM

Did you listen to the Howard show? Jon talked to him just after finding out about the nomination. He didn’t ask him on the show. They met at Howard ‘s therapist office. Jon forgot to tell him it was in Cleveland and Howard does not like traveling. Beth talked him into traveling. Howard also said he had asked the HOF people if he could go on first because he didn’t want to be out late. This has been in the works for weeks.

rolo_tomachi 01-23-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1233524)
Did you listen to the Howard show? Jon talked to him just after finding out about the nomination. He didn’t ask him on the show. They met at Howard ‘s therapist office. Jon forgot to tell him it was in Cleveland and Howard does not like traveling. Beth talked him into traveling. Howard also said he had asked the HOF people if he could go on first because he didn’t want to be out late. This has been in the works for weeks.

Oh, I have not heard. Thanks for the info. I hope Jovi is the last act, which is usually the most important of the night.

Becky 01-24-2018 03:09 PM

Elton John is making an announcement today. On Feedback, they were discussing all things Elton and a caller pointed them toward Jon’s version of Levon. Nik knew it, they played part of it and were very complimentary of Jon’s vocals.