Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

cqleonardo 01-25-2018 06:31 AM

why the hell they putted on the 2010 Special Edition of SWW the MSG version of Prayer? makes no sense

Walleris 01-25-2018 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1233607)
why the hell they putted on the 2010 Special Edition of SWW the MSG version of Prayer? makes no sense

I'm guessing because there isn't a truly great version from the SWW tour. Those 1986-87 performances have Jon either poorly attempting to sing the chorus and not sounding good at all (earlier shows) or very obviously lip-syncing to a playback (later shows) and he did not want either thing to be officially released.

BTW, I believe LOAP is from Central Park, not MSG, but don't quote me on that.

cqleonardo 01-25-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233608)
I'm guessing because there isn't a truly great version from the SWW tour. Those 1986-87 performances have Jon either poorly attempting to sing the chorus and not sounding good at all (earlier shows) or very obviously lip-syncing to a playback (later shows) and he did not want either thing to be officially released.

BTW, I believe LOAP is from Central Park, not MSG, but don't quote me on that.

I get that but why didn't put a version of the Jersey tour? Makes more sense

Walleris 01-25-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cqleonardo (Post 1233623)
I get that but why didn't put a version of the Jersey tour? Makes more sense

Well the NJ tour didn't have full playback like SWW, but still the chorus click track for the high notes was really high in the mix. Perhaps Jon was embarrassed about that, because when you are listening to an audio and you don't see him pointing his mic to the crowd, it may seem like he's lip-syncing to it and again, chose one of the versions where the playback is very silent and is drowned by the crowd singing like it has been for the past 10+ years.

But I'm with you, I'd have preferred a NJ tour version as well, just because we have so a lot more recent ones in great quality already.

Again, this is pure speculation.

DavetheGodofKeys 01-25-2018 07:22 PM

It would've been good if they put Prayer from Bradford 1986 as Jon hits all the high notes there.

bonjovi90 01-25-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233629)
Well the NJ tour didn't have full playback like SWW, but still the chorus click track for the high notes was really high in the mix. Perhaps Jon was embarrassed about that, because when you are listening to an audio and you don't see him pointing his mic to the crowd, it may seem like he's lip-syncing to it and again, chose one of the versions where the playback is very silent and is drowned by the crowd singing like it has been for the past 10+ years.

But I'm with you, I'd have preferred a NJ tour version as well, just because we have so a lot more recent ones in great quality already.

Again, this is pure speculation.

NJ tour versions (like the one from MK) didn't have the chorus so high in the mix and are a blast to listen to!
Btw. the live version from the Special Edition is from Central Park, no doubt about hat ;)

Rdkopper 01-25-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1233633)
Btw. the live version from the Special Edition is from Central Park, no doubt about hat ;)

I'll second that... the audience video on YouTube has Jon saying the same thing at the end... Something about New York City...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Becky 01-29-2018 04:46 AM

I’m watching an episode of Mom. Christy was talking to her ex on the phone and said something to the effect of “Are you trying to say the Serenity Prayer? Because those are the lyrics to Living on a Prayer.” Now I don’t see distance well without my glasses, but I think the episode title is “Xanex and a Baby Duck.” Honestly, it’s between that and “Mama and a Baby D*ck.” Astigmatism. Whatcha gonna do?

Walleris 01-29-2018 05:45 AM

A few semi-geeky questions on Jon's high notes live:

1. When was the last time that Jon went high on the chorus on the Saturday Night (like I got nothing but this ROLL of a dice)? Was it Giants 2006?
2. When was the last time that Jon properly tried to sing the pre-solo notes on Keep The Faith before the solo (YEAH YEAH YEAH)? I know he tried it a few times recently (most notably in Miami 2016), but I mean properly nailing it. Was it Central Park 2008?
3. When was the last pre-chorus scream on I'll Be There For You? Was it Giants 2001?
4. When was the last time Jon properly sang the ending of Hey God chorus (HEY HEY HEY HEY god, do you ever think about me?) Was it...1995?
5. When was the last time Jon did ANY kind of ad-lib/improvisation on the end of Always before the second Richie solo (baby you do me no wrong...)? Was it Helsinki 1996?

DavetheGodofKeys 01-29-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233734)
A few semi-geeky questions on Jon's high notes live:

1. When was the last time that Jon went high on the chorus on the Saturday Night (like I got nothing but this ROLL of a dice)? Was it Giants 2006?
2. When was the last time that Jon properly tried to sing the pre-solo notes on Keep The Faith before the solo (YEAH YEAH YEAH)? I know he tried it a few times recently (most notably in Miami 2016), but I mean properly nailing it. Was it Central Park 2008?
3. When was the last pre-chorus scream on I'll Be There For You? Was it Giants 2001?
4. When was the last time Jon properly sang the ending of Hey God chorus (HEY HEY HEY HEY god, do you ever think about me?) Was it...1995?
5. When was the last time Jon did ANY kind of ad-lib/improvisation on the end of Always before the second Richie solo (baby you do me no wrong...)? Was it Helsinki 1996?

As far as really nailing those KTF notes, I'd say Amsterdam 2005.

Walleris 02-01-2018 05:20 PM

Ok, I'll try this maybe slightly less geeky one - on KTF has Jon ever sung the "tryina hold on, tryina hold on part" on the last chorus like on the record? I mean DURING the chorus (and the end of it, before Richie's outro and other ad-libs), not BEFORE the last chorus (which he has always done).

BJFan99 02-01-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1233842)
Ok, I'll try this maybe slightly less geeky one - on KTF has Jon ever sung the "tryina hold on, tryina hold on part" on the last chorus like on the record? I mean DURING the chorus (and the end of it, before Richie's outro and other ad-libs), not BEFORE the last chorus (which he has always done).

Probably not.

BJFan99 02-01-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1233737)
As far as really nailing those KTF notes, I'd say Amsterdam 2005.

No - as surprising as it was, Jon last nailed those notes in Singapore 2015!

https://youtu.be/jahOp-4Rqqw?t=3m

DavetheGodofKeys 02-01-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1233848)

It's true , it's a C5, but it sounds pretty weak.

BJFan99 02-01-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1233851)
It's true , it's a C5, but it sounds pretty weak.

It's actually a C#5. And weak or not, it was (and still is) the highest note Jon had reached on any song since the Amsterdam '05 version of KTF! He had hit a couple C5s on I Believe in London '08 and Lisbon '11, but for me him having been able to go that high IN 2015 (although on a one-off fashion only) was honestly a big surprise.

DavetheGodofKeys 02-01-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1233854)
It's actually a C#5. And weak or not, it was (and still is) the highest note Jon had reached on any song since the Amsterdam '05 version of KTF!

Jon does the jungle screams at around 3:55 , aren't they higher than C#5?

BJFan99 02-01-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys (Post 1233855)
Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith - Live - Punchestown - June 7th 2008 - YouTube

Jon does the jungle screams at around 3:55 , aren't they higher than C#5?

I don't think so.

bonjovi90 02-01-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

This sounded shockingly bad. More like high-pitched whining :D

BJFan99 02-01-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1233857)

Yeah, but at least he hit the note. :D

DavetheGodofKeys 02-01-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1233857)

Right? That's what I was saying.

DavetheGodofKeys 02-01-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Nailing the notes isn't only about reaching them, you actually have to sound good reaching them, that's why I'm saying the last times he really nailed them was Amsterdam 2005. He reached a C5 in the same "yeah, yeah, yeah" part in Central Park 2008 but he didn't really nail them.

bonjovi90 02-01-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1233858)
Yeah, but at least he hit the note. :D

If I hit my toe somewhere and squeal a C5 because of the immedaite pain, no one pats me on the back and points out that I nailed a high note. And no one should do that with Jon in this case either :D

JackieBlue 02-03-2018 05:52 PM

1 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1233901)
Aloha !

Jackyblue...Ignoring the rest of your insanely long posts trying to point out all the flaws people make because I really don't give a shit...

Why, Sebastiaan! What an adorable puppy! And what a clever way to avoid acknowledging specifics when you can't come up with a decent response. But you covered that, didn't you, by "ignoring" my long posts. How convenient! And so original, too. :roll:

At least it's clear, now, why you didn't have a clue about what I have and haven't said in my "insanely long posts." You can't be bothered to read them! No wonder you were so far off-base!

For your convenience, and because you don't give a shit about what I have to say (and would apparently rather jump to your own conclusions about it), I broke my reply into three shorter posts and peppered them with quotes from you. Maybe that will hold your interest long enough to suffer through my response.

If not, c'est la vie.

JackieBlue 02-03-2018 06:43 PM

2 of 3

Quote:

Look, this is the situation. I am telling you this is a dog.
https://www.myteachingstation.com/va...to-Dot-Dog.jpg
You however say you can't say for sure this is a dog because that's just hearsay. Until an official statement is released, you will point out to everyone that we don't know for sure if this a dog...

Thanks for the artwork. In this case, I wouldn’t need to rely on hearsay, so that's a moot point. Of course I can see that it's a dog; and if not, I could easily know for sure, simply by completing the picture. If one can count to 33, and knows to follow the dots in numerical order, there's only one way those dots could be connected.

But where's the fun in that?

JMO, but I personally think that this picture provides a closer visual analogy to the situation we were discussing than your cute little puppy does. It’s not quite as obvious, of course; so, it might challenge some ppl; but I'm sure you will find it to be a piece of cake. I'll give you a hint, though, just in case. The completed image has something to do with Bon Jovi.

Attachment 1593

I should probably mention that some of the numbers may be out of order, and some may be missing altogether. And, oh yeah, the dots only cover part of the picture. (I stopped counting at 100, because I got bored. But you're so good at seeing the big picture when pieces of the puzzle might still be missing, I'm sure 100 dots will be more than enough to go on. If not, you could ask RDK for help, because what he said about the split applies here, too: Jon's already told us everything there is to know about it and filled in all the gaps. I have to say that it's damned gracious of Jon to provide all the answers for everyone, so they don’t ever have to think for themselves, or worry about any nasty little contradictions. And if he leaves out a detail here or there, observant guys like you and RDK should still be able to figure it out. After all, it’s just common sense; and too many facts would just confuse the issue, right?)

Be sure to come back and let us all know what it is after you've connected all the dots. (Or to tell us that you "ignored" this one, too, so we'll know you didn't have an answer for it, either.)

Happy connecting!

JackieBlue 02-03-2018 06:58 PM

3 of 3

Quote:

Now you can wait for the real statements to co connect the dots all you want, but Richie will never admit he got pissed and Jon will never admit his football team got in the way of keeping a band together…

Are THOSE the "bigger issues" that you were referring to when you said "everyone on this board" knows that Ava was a bogus excuse to cover the bigger issues? Silly me. From the rest of your very angry post, I thought you were implying that everyone could see that Richie was a messed up drunken has-been who keeps 'jamming' and knocks BJ's poppy sound and screwed up his own performances...

My bad. But anyway...

I'm not overly concerned about any 'real statements' from Jon or Richie. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if after the tensions die down and he’s finished using the situation to promote his own agenda, Jon doesn’t get around to telling most of what happened or explaining it away somehow, if he can find a way to spin it. He tends to admit to lots of things - after he thinks people don’t care any longer and he can toss it out as a joke or laugh it off like it’s nothing. I could give specific examples but you probably already know them as well as I do, and you’ve probably stopped reading anyway. IF you ever bothered to start.

Don’t kid yourself, Seb. I’m not as blind or ignorant as you (and RDK) seem to think. I see the things you see. And I agree, that if everything is as it appears, you're probably right; which is why I don't remember telling anyone that their assumptions are wrong. It's also why I don’t try to paint Richie as an innocent victim. He could very well be just as black-hearted and messed up as you guys see him. I don't know the man.

I just recognize that there is a possibility, however slim or nonexistent you think it is, that there’s more to the picture than we see now.

If you're right and we never hear the whole truth from Jon and Richie, it won’t bother me. I’m perfectly content with saying, from now on if necessary, “I don’t know what happened."

I’m not married to any possible outcome in anyone’s favor because I don’t have a horse in that race. I’m not pissed off with anyone, so I don’t have to justify my anger by assuming that anyone’s at fault. And I don't have a burning need to make any judgment calls.

So here’s an idea: Why don’t YOU quit judging ME and telling me how my posts (that you don't read) are full of shit and what you think my purpose is in posting them, or listing all the ways that MY conclusions are wrong? Because, contrary to what you seem to think, I don't HAVE any hard fast conclusions, only multiple theories that can change with each new bit of information.

So, there ya go! Those are the facts that you totally missed in your original post. Believe it or not. Take it or leave it. Makes no difference to me.

At any rate, I hope you're having a better day, today. :)

bonjovi90 02-04-2018 05:24 PM

Just listening to the Target CD from 2002 for the first time in probably a decade. Damn there was some quite good material left off Bounce :rolleyes:

Nige 02-04-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1234011)
Just listening to the Target CD from 2002 for the first time in probably a decade. Damn there was some quite good material left off Bounce :rolleyes:

Some of it is better than what made the final album IMO. Another Reason to Believe, Alive, We Can Dance and Postcards are all brilliant.

JackieBlue 02-04-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1233866)
...Jon spoke about it on Howard...

I was referring more to people here who link RSO's music with ancient history or why he left. That happens a lot whether Jon brings it up or not. But I agree that part of it probably is because Jon keeps bringing up the past. More people might let it go if he would stop.

I just don't understand why he keeps doing it. It can't realistically be excused by saying "it's because the reporters ask about it." Even if the questions haven't been vetted prior to the interviews, Jon is still savvy enough to know how to avoid questions, unless it's something he just wants to discuss. He doesn't have to be rude. A simple "He just didn't show up. But that's old news. I'd rather talk about now..." would move it on without all the details.

It's not like anybody cares anymore. Like you say, that's almost 5 years ago. Even most of the people here are sick of it, so you know the casuals don't care, and the general population probably doesn't even remember there was a walk out.

Granted, they may be reminded of it when the question about whether Richie and Alec will play at the HoF comes up, but that doesn't mean Jon has to go over the whole history again. When somebody asks if Richie will be there, Jon seems to think that "They're being invited to play" is sufficient. He doesn't go into a whole detailed monologue about all the reasons why they may or may not show up. And people are a LOT more interested in that, these days, than they are about what happened in 2013. So why does he spend more time talking about the past than he does about the current question?

It honestly makes me think of how one parent in a divorce keeps reminding the kids that the other parent is the bad guy. Triangulation at its finest.

Or brainwashing and indoctrination. ("Richie is a bad man... Richie is a bad man... Richie let us all down... Richie let us all down...") :)

Thomas S 02-26-2018 05:57 AM

I just discovered the weirdest use of a Bon Jovi song ever.

So the Stephen King novel "It" got turned into an Indian TV series in the late nineties, and I was watching the scene where "Georgie" is killed by the clown (in the original version this is the part at the beginning with the paper boat), when the music started to sound very familiar.

After a few seconds thought I realized that the music is actually a (very poor) edit of the drum intro to Lay Your Hands On Me. Thought that was weird as hell and that someone might find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Ie6L_Ls65lY

Alphavictim 02-26-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1234017)
Some of it is better than what made the final album IMO. Another Reason to Believe, Alive, We Can Dance and Postcards are all brilliant.

Not the biggest fan of Alive, but switch that one with No Regrets and that's my list, basically. Although Breathe is also a really sweet song. It also has an energy to it that's unlike any of the other Bounce ballads.

What's the best way to get the material from the Bounce era? Singles are a rather expensive way since the tracks are scattered all over the place and postage also comes in. Was there ever another compilation akin to the Target EP released?

symbeline 02-26-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1234967)
Not the biggest fan of Alive, but switch that one with No Regrets and that's my list, basically. Although Breathe is also a really sweet song. It also has an energy to it that's unlike any of the other Bounce ballads.

What's the best way to get the material from the Bounce era? Singles are a rather expensive way since the tracks are scattered all over the place and postage also comes in. Was there ever another compilation akin to the Target EP released?

No, but the Target CD has all the b-sides except for Alive so it's not that expensive, unless you want something really specific like a live version or the demo of an album track. Or the making-off of the Everyday videoclip for some reason.

Alive is a very fun track btw

rolo_tomachi 02-26-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas S (Post 1234964)
I just discovered the weirdest use of a Bon Jovi song ever.

So the Stephen King novel "It" got turned into an Indian TV series in the late nineties, and I was watching the scene where "Georgie" is killed by the clown (in the original version this is the part at the beginning with the paper boat), when the music started to sound very familiar.

After a few seconds thought I realized that the music is actually a (very poor) edit of the drum intro to Lay Your Hands On Me. Thought that was weird as hell and that someone might find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Ie6L_Ls65lY

HAHa

Alphavictim 02-27-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1235016)
No, but the Target CD has all the b-sides except for Alive so it's not that expensive, unless you want something really specific like a live version or the demo of an album track. Or the making-off of the Everyday videoclip for some reason.

Alive is a very fun track btw

Another Reason To Believe and Postcards From The Wasteland are not on the Target EP, unless there's multiple versions of that one?

symbeline 02-27-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1235051)
Another Reason To Believe and Postcards From The Wasteland are not on the Target EP, unless there's multiple versions of that one?

I stand corrected. The Target CD has a different artwork. The one I have is a "Rare import" version with all the tracks except for Alive.
I got it from eBay UK, £1.50 Inc postage I think. Artwork as the standard CD:

http://i67.tinypic.com/28vx79e.jpg

Thinny 02-27-2018 03:41 PM

Is that a legit CD? Never come across this before?

Alphavictim 02-27-2018 03:58 PM

The barcode indicates it's this one, and that it's an unofficial release from Russia.

symbeline 02-27-2018 04:13 PM

Really? Hahaha my bad

Although I always check the EAN code and buy from legit sellers. This CD came from a seller (CD shop) I've bought other stuff before and I did the background checks too. I'd have to fish out the transaction if I still have the email

If it's a knockoff it's an excellent one

Alphavictim 02-27-2018 04:28 PM

Is the booklet complete? The scans at Discogs only show a band pic, no lyrics or anything.

Becky 02-28-2018 02:46 AM

I heard a commercial on SiriusXM Hair Nation that they will be celebrating Jon’s birthday all weekend starting at 5:00 PM EST on Friday.

symbeline 03-09-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1235071)
Is the booklet complete? The scans at Discogs only show a band pic, no lyrics or anything.

You are absolutely right, there's no booklet. Never bothered to check, I only check them when I first buy the album, not when I get newer/different versions or singles. I guess I assumed it was the Target CD.

They could at least have bothered to include all the demos there. It was very convenient to have them all in the same place lol