Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Thinny 05-14-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1285164)
5 years of the RSO album.

Have we missed something? Is there some song worth it there?

Not sure I understand the question. If you haven't heard the album the Richie stuff is worth checking out.

I Don't Want To Have To Need You Now
Forever All The Way
Take Me
One Night Of Peace
Hellbound Train

Walk With Me is a nice song too.

jon-flp 05-23-2023 04:51 PM

hey all,

do we know what this video is about? I mean, not Jon talking about wildflower, but the video being recorded, with Tico and Richie with an acoustic guitar...never seen this footage before. Maybe it was part of the first version of "Welcome to wherever you are" video??

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsewN6jr...RlODBiNWFlZA==

bonjovi90 05-23-2023 06:13 PM

The video was part of the webcast leading up to the promo show from Amsterdam 2005. It also may have been part of that extended Have A Nice Day edition that had a bonus DVD.
The band had rented a theatre for about a week to rehearse before the tour (don't remember exactly where). They even played a show for the local military personnel there. Pretty sure it was just some footage taken there for stuff like this (promo clips etc).

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 05-24-2023 01:44 PM

Oh cool! The footage was shot around the time as what was shown in the Have A Nice Day EPK, and there's shots of the abandoned Welcome to wherever You are video shoot in there.

I'd reckon this was another piece of that.

Faceman 05-25-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1285229)
The band had rented a theatre for about a week to rehearse before the tour (don't remember exactly where). They even played a show for the local military personnel there.

Expo Theatre at Monmouth Army Base: https://bjtours.jimdofree.com/the-to...ew-jersey-usa/

DryCounty 06-26-2023 10:58 AM

Gave This House Is Not For Sale a listen for the first time in a while the other day. I still like the album quite much, but I started thinking, did we ever get any confirmation on which four tracks Phil played? Born Again Tomorrow is one of them but the other three I just can't recall. Judging by ear I'd say that All Hail the King definitely sounds like a solo written and played by Phil.

Captain_jovi 06-26-2023 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1285379)
Gave This House Is Not For Sale a listen for the first time in a while the other day. I still like the album quite much, but I started thinking, did we ever get any confirmation on which four tracks Phil played? Born Again Tomorrow is one of them but the other three I just can't recall. Judging by ear I'd say that All Hail the King definitely sounds like a solo written and played by Phil.

All Hail the King, Born Again Tomorrow, Knockout and Come On Up to Our House if I recall were the confirmed 4.

PanosBonJovi 07-06-2023 10:25 PM

Jon attended Springsteen's show tonight in London. I think it's the first show of Bruce that he attends in 2023.

Butters 07-06-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1285438)
Jon attended Springsteen's show tonight in London. I think it's the first show of Bruce that he attends in 2023.

Really? Any pictures you can share? I was just looking up the set list and no word of JBJ joining him on stage.

Rdkopper 07-07-2023 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1285439)
Really? Any pictures you can share? I was just looking up the set list and no word of JBJ joining him on stage.

I don't think Jon Bon Jovi will ever sing live again.

Hopefully AI Technology will allow an album or two but I think it's over.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Nige 07-07-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

He didn't join on stage, just watched.

PanosBonJovi 07-07-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...Hyde-Park.html

Also Roger Federer, Billy Joel and Peter Gabriel

He didn't join Bruce on stage.

If I recall correctly, Bruce has no guests on stage this tour.

Butters 07-07-2023 10:51 PM

JBJ was at Wimbledon today too. He's looking great; very healthy looking.

PanosBonJovi 07-08-2023 10:53 AM

Maybe he attends the 2nd night of Bruce at Hyde Park as well.

He's focused on Hamptons Water though.

Hope that wine tastes good at least, didn't have the chance to try it out yet.

bonjovi90 07-08-2023 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1285453)

It's okay. Not bad, but nothing to write home about either. At least if you come from a region where there's a lot of wine growing, you're used to better :mrgreen:

faith1985 07-08-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1285453)

I did Not want to like it and tried a few different ones. But HW IS actually quite good. It does have a good finish

angelsambo 08-04-2023 09:31 AM

Jon Bon Jovi speaks at ribbon cutting for new housing helping people find a home and sobriety

steel_horse75 08-07-2023 09:10 AM

all quiet in Jovi-land isnt it

no real conformation of anythinf from Jon
Richie didnt release that solo album
and Jerry the Jelly tweeting his fav songs from all the albums.....all the ballads at the top of the list, even the shit ones.

thought 2023 might have seen a little something - even a re-release of an album. But....nothing.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Jovi98 08-09-2023 03:48 PM

Some months ago the snippet of the song Mona Lisa it was posted again and now is disappeared again…

You think that it was taken down by segnalations from someone in BJ management and is a clue that that song could be in the next boxset?

Rdkopper 08-09-2023 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1285672)
Some months ago the snippet of the song Mona Lisa it was posted again and now is disappeared again…

You think that it was taken down by segnalations from someone in BJ management and is a clue that that song could be in the next boxset?

Not at all.

PanosBonJovi 08-09-2023 06:32 PM

Many people consider Jon a retired man at this point :D\

I'd still want to get 1 more tour from the band, I don't give a f how he'd sound, at this point is just nostalgia that hits me hard and I'd love to see those guys out on the road again.

I was at Desmond Child's concert last year at the Acropolis and all those BJ songs just made me miss them so bad :D

Captain_jovi 08-09-2023 07:43 PM

I don't think it's that far fetched that the label put a copyright claim on it but Ain't Done Yet is still up in full. Mona Lisa was never registered but Ain't Done Yet so who knows.

I fully think both song will be involved in the box set for my own reasons.

Rdkopper 08-09-2023 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1285674)
Many people consider Jon a retired man at this point :D\

I'd still want to get 1 more tour from the band, I don't give a f how he'd sound, at this point is just nostalgia that hits me hard and I'd love to see those guys out on the road again.

I was at Desmond Child's concert last year at the Acropolis and all those BJ songs just made me miss them so bad :D

I think we are all feeling the void.

His absences from anything musically to his melancholy personality has really put his past self out of existence. The guy shows no excitement about anything.

I watched the Rollercoaster video yesterday and I really thought I was watching a video from 20 years ago, from his look to his voice. Back then I would complain about that Jon and now it would be a miracle for him to get back to half of that.

I think Jon should forget the business aspect and just reinvent himself as a solo artist. This way he could pull out all the tricks. Like a Jon Bon Jovi and E Street band. A horn section, female backup singers, and if the BJ band members want to join, even better.

bonjovi90 08-09-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1285675)
I don't think it's that far fetched that the label put a copyright claim on it but Ain't Done Yet is still up in full. Mona Lisa was never registered but Ain't Done Yet so who knows.

I fully think both song will be involved in the box set for my own reasons.

Nah there are channels like "BJ Special" where you can basically hear all the officially released tracks and it's not an official channel. These days, you can basically hear any official song on YouTube.
I don't get the constant fuss about it anyway, the snippet was mediocre at best.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

DestinationJovi 08-31-2023 08:16 PM

Holy shit. This guy is done touring.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnUy...RlODBiNWFlZA==

blazeofglory 08-31-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1285764)

Vocally yeah, obviously, but I don’t think a short clip without context says much about his physical fitness. Who knows how many kilometers he’d already done at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 08-31-2023 08:44 PM

Because you saw him jog into frame he's done? Without knowing how far and how fast he was leading up to it? Come on, that's silly.

DestinationJovi 08-31-2023 10:52 PM

Jon has been a runner for as long as I can remember. He's painfully out of breath (not unlike when he sings these days) and he's dragging his feet. Vocal issues aside - just from a physical standpoint - if he can't get air in his lungs and pick up his feet I do not see how he can perform on stage for 2 1/2 hours a night on a tour.

No one can have an opinion around here anymore? Jesus.

Rdkopper 08-31-2023 11:46 PM

Quote:

Hahaha. Yes. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see an in-shape rock star jogging through the park.

Captain_jovi 09-01-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1285770)
Jon has been a runner for as long as I can remember. He's painfully out of breath (not unlike when he sings these days) and he's dragging his feet. Vocal issues aside - just from a physical standpoint - if he can't get air in his lungs and pick up his feet I do not see how he can perform on stage for 2 1/2 hours a night on a tour.

No one can have an opinion around here anymore? Jesus.

Because it's "sky is falling" over an out of context clip. No one is saying you can't have your opinion. Dude is out of breath and dragging his feet but if it came after an hour of jogging then is that...weird?

liljovi93 09-01-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

I'm a personal trainer and run a lot. Absolutely nothing wrong with how he is there. He looks tired and does what a lot of us do when you run. The man is 61 years of age and I highly doubt he just started his run when the video happened. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Let's not forget, he's had seriously bad injuries too.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 09-01-2023 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1285775)
I'm a personal trainer and run a lot. Absolutely nothing wrong with how he is there. He looks tired and does what a lot of us do when you run. The man is 61 years of age and I highly doubt he just started his run when the video happened. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Let's not forget, he's had seriously bad injuries too.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Agree Jay. Depending on where he was in the run mile one or 5, the terrain (meaning flat or hilly) the weather, largely dew point, all of that can be contributing to the heavy feet and breathlessness. I’ve run 3 full marathons and many half marathons and I’ve been where Jon is ha ha (I’m slightly younger but not much). I’m not worried about his physical fitness but his vocal fitness.

YOVANAfromPeru 09-02-2023 01:37 AM

https://news.amomama.com/411629-i-gi...rry-about.html

bjcrazycpa 09-02-2023 01:51 AM

Ridiculous comments! Too old too run….ha ha ha!

Alphavictim 09-02-2023 02:58 AM

Between the opinions on the hair dying and now the running drama, this board can have some serious Backstage energy from time to time.

Butters 09-02-2023 06:42 PM

This is the most ridiculous discussion I've ever seen.

He's 61. He's in unbelievably good shape and looks incredibly fit and healthy. Not just for a 61-year-old either.

"61-year-old in great shape looks tired while running." Stop the presses.

semigoodlooking 09-02-2023 08:56 PM

This is one of the worst takes I have seen on these boards. I know news is slow etc. but come on. It's like with some posters that Richie cannot appear in public without being instantly branded as "off his tits".

bonjovi90 09-02-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1285787)
This is one of the worst takes I have seen on these boards. I know news is slow etc. but come on. It's like with some posters that Richie cannot appear in public without being instantly branded as "off his tits".

Got a new Richie video for everyone to make funny theories about. He's limping a bit... :puppydog:

:mrgreen:

Thinny 09-03-2023 02:49 PM

He's had some leg or foot issues for years I think. There was a video at an airport a few years ago and he was walking very badly.

Rdkopper 09-04-2023 06:25 AM

Just left the Springsteen show. Although not perfect, the dude runs circles around Jon.

He sings, he plays instruments, no teleprompter, played almost 3 hours, doesn't avoid hit songs.

Watching a 73 year old Bruce out perform a 55 year old JBJ is really sad.