Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Captain_jovi 03-25-2024 08:00 PM

Says nothing for 40 years, talks about it once and he's "happy to air dirty laundry"?

bonboy25 03-25-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1289353)
Says nothing for 40 years, talks about it once and he's "happy to air dirty laundry"?

To be fair, if he's mentioning it in a throwaway interview, they probably talk about it in the Doco.

But saying anything like this is positive for the doco. It's not great for the Alec camp, but I think it shows he really is going into their career, to quote Jon "warts and all."

Jovi98 03-26-2024 02:17 PM

Guys but Shine from 2020 album and Shine the title in the WAN sessions aren't related right?

I read most probably here in one discussion after or earlier the release of 2020 album that on one interview someone asked to someone in BJ camp (maybe Jon) if some songs were originally written for the previous albums and the answer was probably affirmative but without say yes or no...

Captain_jovi 03-26-2024 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1289397)
Guys but Shine from 2020 album and Shine the title in the WAN sessions aren't related right?

I read most probably here in one discussion after or earlier the release of 2020 album that on one interview someone asked to someone in BJ camp (maybe Jon) if some songs were originally written for the previous albums and the answer was probably affirmative but without say yes or no...

We have no way of knowing. A song called Shine was on the white board for the WAN sessions. For the 2020 version Phil (and I think David?) did not play on it. I'm leaning towards it being the original track worked on but it's such a niche subject I doubt anyone will tell us.

Wanted94 03-27-2024 03:46 AM

I feel like it's a bit too late to ask this, but would anyone please share the original 2020 tracklist? I can't find it anywhere.
Except for a moment here and there it does nothing to me much like WAN and THINFS but I'm willing to give it another shot if the original tracklist flows better.

Adam D 03-27-2024 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanted94 (Post 1289432)
I feel like it's a bit too late to ask this, but would anyone please share the original 2020 tracklist? I can't find it anywhere.

Except for a moment here and there it does nothing to me much like WAN and THINFS but I'm willing to give it another shot if the original tracklist flows better.

Beautiful Drug
Unbroken
Limitless
Luv Can
Brothers In Arms
Story of Love
Lower the Flag
Let It Rain
Shine
Blood In The Water

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Jovi98 04-06-2024 03:04 PM

One song churned out by Guns recently.

bonjovi_cro 04-06-2024 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1289733)

I think it's bad. Different, but bad. Axl on chorus is like a caricature of himself, like AI making fun of him.

Other song before that ("Perhaps") is worse though. Like a tired, uninspired take on their past.

steel_horse75 04-07-2024 02:06 PM

The GnR song that leaked at the same time, Monsters, was excellent. Unfortunately The General was poor and Prehaps was just about ok.
These are all songs that didn't make Chinese democracy

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 04-10-2024 09:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/live/7z6uYpb...Hz0c_hbnlCjlzS

steel_horse75 04-10-2024 10:05 PM

https://youtu.be/JqA-R8hY3Is?si=vAjiaHfJfaYL3vY_

well you learn something every day - apparently Jon only named band Bon Jovi as Runaway was originally released when Jon was a solo artist and he didnt want people to think a band with another name was covering runaway when released as Bon Jovi.

Walleris 04-11-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1289844)
https://youtu.be/JqA-R8hY3Is?si=vAjiaHfJfaYL3vY_

well you learn something every day - apparently Jon only named band Bon Jovi as Runaway was originally released when Jon was a solo artist and he didnt want people to think a band with another name was covering runaway when released as Bon Jovi.

Brave of him to assume that the wider public was aware of the song in the first place before Bon Jovi was formed :D

steel_horse75 04-11-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1289857)
Brave of him to assume that the wider public was aware of the song in the first place before Bon Jovi was formed :D

[emoji16]

Jovi98 04-13-2024 12:09 AM

Probably the only photo on the Web of Jon with also Andreas Carlsson.

https://m.facebook.com/desmond.child...453986/?type=3

bonjovi_cro 04-13-2024 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1289940)
Probably the only photo on the Web of Jon with also Andreas Carlsson.

https://m.facebook.com/desmond.child...453986/?type=3

Man on that photo Jon looks like 2 years older than New Jersey album, so youthful

Jovi98 04-15-2024 04:16 PM

I never seen this complete episode, just some parts.

Koshkajay 04-18-2024 02:07 PM

Anything Thread

Small piece in NYT confirming possible tour dates next year and a bit more thought process around the voice and the album.

‘My problems started about a decade ago. In 2013, we had the number one tour in the world, and I was great for 100-plus shows. But in 2014, I wasn’t really making any music, which was hard psychologically. Then some of the recordings and shows we did, especially after 2017, were challenging — my range seemed to have narrowed and it was becoming difficult to sing consistently. But none of the professionals I saw could figure it out.

In March 2022, a doctor in Philadelphia explained that one of my vocal cords was atrophying. I thought I could get my voice back in shape if I just did enough shows, so I went back on the road. But it was a struggle. Finally, that June, I had an implant put [inside the cartilage of my larynx] to bring my [vocal folds] together. There was no singing at all for the first six weeks. Then I started speech therapy. I have rehab four times a week. But I’m still not sure what to expect. Yesterday when I was rehearsing with the band, I had a rough go with the song “Limitless” from the album “2020” [released by the group that same year]. I said, “Guys, I only ever sang this song when I was broken. I don’t know how to sing it not broken.” If I had the word “lay,” I’d put an “E” on the end of it to try to push it up to pitch: “layeee.” But right after that, I popped the high notes on [our 1986 hit] “Livin’ on a Prayer.”

This new album’s much more of a collaborative record than the ones I’ve made in the past. It’s a celebration of my accepting any and all input and acts of kindness. It’s not been a good decade. It’s not been easy to not be the best guy in the band; it’s not easy to be the worst. It’s humbling but I don’t mind the humility. I just want my tools back. Yesterday, I pressed the point-of-no-return button and said yes, in theory, to a handful of possible shows abroad for the summer, the first ones since the spring of 2022. I’m not an applause junkie. I do it because I love to write a song and play it for people. If I have all my tools, it’ll be a joy’

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s-rebirth.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 04-18-2024 02:23 PM

He's a bit all over the place with his stories. Jon has said in other interviews he did not know he had issues until the 2022 tour when his wife told him. He claimed he believed the show she said was awful was an 8/10 until she give him a reality check. In this NYT piece, which seems more sincere admittedly, he says he knew as far back as 2014 and admits to changing words in songs.

That said, Jon seems more raw and honest in this interview. It seems like he knew the whole time his voice was in trouble but really thought he was salvaging shows with his mispronunciation of words. It sort of answers the question why he continued to take peoples money when he knew his voice was gone. He is delusional or optimistic enough to think changes he made were saving him.

I hope there is someone in his camp to tell him if his recovery does not result in being able to sing live for 2 hours. There is a chance he will not be able to make that call for himself. He says if he isn't 100% he won't tour but it looks like he cannot judge himself accurately.

Thinny 04-18-2024 02:34 PM

Jon has never been able to keep his story straight on anything. It's why I don't take anything he says as gospel. It's just been proved so many times that his stories always changes.

At the begining of this campaign he said that the documentary is called "Thank You Goodnight" for a reason and then talks about how he many never tour again.

He's already changed that this week to say that it's not called that because of that at all and it's just because that's what he says at the end of each show...

Yeah sure, Jon, whatever you say... ;)

Koshkajay 04-18-2024 02:59 PM

I think it’s totally plausible that you could both notice that your range isn’t what it was AND think you’re addressing it while not quite managing to directly look in the eye the fact that eventually it reaches a point where it’s untenable.

It’s not easy to face your own decline, especially if no one else actually tells you it’s happening.

Plausible doesn’t necessarily mean fact, of course.

Dave88 04-18-2024 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koshkajay (Post 1290031)
Small piece in NYT confirming possible tour dates next year and a bit more thought process around the voice and the album.

When he says "handful of possible shows abroad for the summer" he's not referring to a possible 2025 tour but to some European promo shows around the time of the album release.

Koshkajay 04-18-2024 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1290042)
When he says "handful of possible shows abroad for the summer" he's not referring to a possible 2025 tour but to some European promo shows around the time of the album release.

Ah, true, I misspoke. Thanks! It’ll be interesting to see what (if anything) gets announced when.

GabrielC 04-19-2024 05:04 AM

Quote:

It’s not been easy to not be the best guy in the band; it’s not easy to be the worst.
Never thought I would see Jon admit that. Wow

Butters 04-19-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1290079)
Never thought I would see Jon admit that. Wow

I had the same reaction. That's extraordinarily honest of him.

steel_horse75 04-24-2024 11:54 AM

https://youtu.be/LabsllrQZ-A?si=WwUFAFHABh5DFQXo

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 04-24-2024 12:20 PM

Perhaps the biggest benefit of Hampton Water for fans is Jon understanding you need to do media differently these days. Some of the stuff he has been doing, such as the pizza thing in New York with the Barstool guy or Men's Health are forcing him to be less scripted than say a Jimmy Kimmel. I think we have seen more of Jon in most natural settings in the last six months than we have seen in the 40 years prior.

Thinny 04-24-2024 12:55 PM

Apologies if this has been posted already but I've just seen this of JBJ going through his old clothes etc - pretty cool - crazy that he still has all of thosse things

semigoodlooking 04-24-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1290304)
Apologies if this has been posted already but I've just seem this of JBJ going through his old clothes etc - pretty cool - crazy that he still has all of thosse things

Jon Bon Jovi / Showing his belongings that he used in the Golden age / Subtitulado Español - YouTube

2 posts above yours

Thinny 04-24-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1290307)
2 posts above yours

Ahh whoops - missed that link :rolleyes:

Faceman 04-24-2024 04:27 PM

If I remember correctly, that was one of the first vids they put up on the Experience when they started.