Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Does anyone actually like Avril Lavigne anymore? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=20129)

~saz~ 12-02-2003 06:09 PM

Does anyone actually like Avril Lavigne anymore?

Hey, just wanted to ask something. Does anyone actually like Avril Lavigne anymore? It's funny cos about a year ago, everybody in my class LOVED her/wanted to be like her/thought she was good looking/listed her as a role model etc but now EVERYBODY hates her. Funny how tastes change, eh?

saz

Mousebounce 12-02-2003 06:23 PM

She is the perfect example of musicians today, in one minute and out the next. 15 minutes go by really fast these days.

bob 12-02-2003 07:07 PM

I never liked her

Iceman 12-02-2003 07:09 PM

Re: Does anyone actually like Avril Lavigne anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~saz~
Does anyone actually like Avril Lavigne anymore?

Did anyone ever like her?

Ice

DevilsSon 12-02-2003 07:17 PM

ueah, there was a pretyty big post here, people saying they like Avril Lavigne.
It pretty much shocked me. But I found out she writes her music herself and that's a good part.
Still, i don't like her music...but ...at least she writes her crap alone compared to Christina or i don't know who have their 1000s of writers!

StoneDeaf 12-02-2003 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
ueah, there was a pretyty big post here, people saying they like Avril Lavigne.
It pretty much shocked me. But I found out she writes her music herself and that's a good part.
Still, i don't like her music...but ...at least she writes her crap alone compared to Christina or i don't know who have their 1000s of writers!

Well, the way i see it, anyone who writes his/her own stuff is worth a big "cheers"....as it seems nowadays, industry raises most of these "new" stars and starlets who just has no abilities other than singing & posing. Them people are nothing but mindless puppets used for milking the cash from the paying herd.

stoeny

*-- Vallie --* 12-02-2003 07:57 PM

I liked her first single Complicated but never liked her in person ... the songs after neither ... Although Im with you wasn't thaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

jenn1189 12-02-2003 07:59 PM

I never cared one way or another about her.

Jim Bon Jovi 12-02-2003 08:18 PM

her albums actually really good and got some great songs on it that could easilly have been singles and as far as people not writing songs is concerned it gives song writers a job.

cliched as it may be u need the full package and its much easier to sell a good looking girl who can sing someone elses songs than put Jabba the Hut on the atkins diet and reconstruct her face so he can sing his own songs.

milli vanilli is a perfect example. great song but no one wants to watch 3 fat black germans singing so they bring in 2 good looking guys and make a hit.

~saz~ 12-02-2003 08:20 PM

I liked Complicated and I'm With You. I bought her album but only liked about 4 of the songs.
She always looks so damn miserable she should take some speed or happy pills or something to make her look perky. And she always takes herself too seriously- "I'm a proper rock artist". Who gives?

saz