Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=14148)

jess 07-15-2003 09:30 PM

Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore

Don't ask me why, but i came back home this evening with this song stuck in my head, just arrived i'm playing it of course, it's one of the great songs which is too often forgotten, it's a shame. Can you hear the tone of Jon's voice at the begining and how it changes for the chorus, it's just great, there's a nice solo in it also :wink: I love the lyrics too .... in fact, this song is "very New-Jersey" !

RichieW2001 07-15-2003 09:37 PM

not bad, the version i have has very ropey, underproduced vocals on it though.

Donna 07-15-2003 09:42 PM

Re: Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess
Don't ask me why, but i came back home this evening with this song stuck in my head, just arrived i'm playing it of course, it's one of the great songs which is too often forgotten, it's a shame. Can you hear the tone of Jon's voice at the begining and how it changes for the chorus, it's just great, there's a nice solo in it also :wink: I love the lyrics too .... in fact, this song is "very New-Jersey" !

Yes it is a great song Jess! I also like Cher's version for whom it was written for, I think!

RichieW2001 07-15-2003 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONNA_England
Quote:

Yes it is a great song Jess! I also like Cher's version for whom it was written for, I think!

yep, originally recorded as a new jersey demo, but got passed over when it wasn't used. jon and richie appear on it i think but don't quote me on that.

Donna 07-15-2003 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Quote:

yep, originally recorded as a new jersey demo, but got passed over when it wasn't used. jon and richie appear on it i think but don't quote me on that.

Yes I think they do! they sing some backing vocals on it if I remember correctly.

RichieW2001 07-15-2003 09:51 PM

just checked my mum's cd and no, they don't appear on it. desmond child does some backing vocals though!

Donna 07-15-2003 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
just checked my mum's cd and no, they don't appear on it. desmond child does some backing vocals though!

Oh, I could've swore I remember hearing Jon's vocals on it! Oh well, I must be wrong then. Thanks anyway :)

Neurotica80 07-15-2003 10:01 PM

I like this song, have it on a bootleg CD. I wish I had a better copy of it though as you can harldy hear jon singing

Donna 07-15-2003 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce4BonJovi
I like this song, have it on a bootleg CD. I wish I had a better copy of it though as you can harldy hear jon singing

you need to get the "we are not unused" bootleg CD! It's got all of the NJ demos on it and is great quality!

Neurotica80 07-15-2003 10:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce4BonJovi

you need to get the "we are not unused" bootleg CD! It's got all of the NJ demos on it and is great quality!

lol thats what its from!!! Maybe its just my copy of the CD. Theres another great song on there called Now and forever