Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would you want richie on lead vocals of a bj song? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=16458)

Barbara 09-12-2003 10:42 PM

I loved hearing Richie sing during the tour. I had never had the honor to hear him in concert, and it was great.

As for Tico, or Dave, even the Beatles let Ringo sing. But George had to fight his way to get some of his written songs included.

Irishshin 09-13-2003 12:43 AM

Hearing Richie sing I'll be There For You was one of the highlights for me at the concert. I think it was great.

I would love to hear Richie singing a song on the album...I would love to hear all the guys sing a song on the album and at the concerts too.

I know Jon is the lead singer and he always will be, but there are other members of the band that I would like to hear too. :)

Guitar Girl 09-13-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Becky, we know that you hate Richie's voice like hell. But comparing his voice to scraping fingernails down a chalkboard, I don't know what to say. This is more than outrageous. And about the "You are not alone" Is "sha la la, sha la la, sha la la, sha lala, sha lala ... " in I-don't-know-how-many songs on DA better?

:lol: Shalala. I love Richie's voice. (If there's something better Baby, they haven't found it yet.)

Quote:

I liked that Richie and David had the chance to sing this tour and I would have loved if Jon would kept his promise in Bremen to let Tico sing a song. Unfortunately he didn't.
Absolutely, I'll Be There For You (and of course ITA in Bremen & Kiel) was definitely the highlight of the year for me. :D

Oh, and Tico... I could listen to his voice for hours. He doesn't even have to sing, talking is okay. :lol:

davefan 09-13-2003 05:45 PM

I never heard Hughy singing but I`d love a song of Dave and Rich on the CD both proved that they can sing. Maby even Tico but his voice doesn`t fit to a jovi song I think.

Tashjbj 09-13-2003 05:52 PM

I'm not a great fan of Richie's voice, but him on lead vocals on occassion would be okay. Lots of bands do it and I think it could add to the diversity of the band. Queen did quite a lot, there are quite a few albums where Roger Taylor is on lead and Brian May too. On the last album they sang a song and they each had a bit to sing, was a nice harmonious song.

Tash

davefan 09-13-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashjbj
I'm not a great fan of Richie's voice, but him on lead vocals on occassion would be okay. Lots of bands do it and I think it could add to the diversity of the band. Queen did quite a lot, there are quite a few albums where Roger Taylor is on lead and Brian May too. On the last album they sang a song and they each had a bit to sing, was a nice harmonious song.

Tash

Richie has a great voice! even Kiss did that letting different ones sing at the album why not BOn Jovi? think it`s right cause jon doesn`t share. :mad:

Love David singing Tumbling and Dice, the chanukka song and of course ITA really good!! and tic of course Crazy, Walzing mathilda and wonderful world amazing!

Mousebounce 09-13-2003 07:32 PM

Quote:

BOn Jovi? think it`s right cause jon doesn`t share
Nah, I think it is just because Richie sucks. :twisted:

RichieW2001 09-13-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

hmmm, a mature teacher speaking.

Mousebounce 09-13-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
Quote:

hmmm, a mature teacher speaking.

Just having a bit of fun. :wink: Richie doesn't suck. I just can't stand his voice for long periods of time. It happens. :D

RichieW2001 09-13-2003 07:59 PM

you suck :P! personal taste i suppose. i prefer him studio than live because he does overcook things sometimes but out of the two i'd go for richie's voice. more of a blues fan, though.