Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official April 20, 2008 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44853)

Emil 04-21-2008 10:36 AM

Story Of MY Life and Seat Next To You. Horrible additions.

...but who cares when it's ORIGINAL ALWAYS! :D

JerseyGiant 04-21-2008 10:43 AM

OMG!! i havnt been on here for ages (we just moved and i had to sell my computer) that is the best news ever!!! original always!!!!! i was giving up on ever hearing it agen!!!! fingers crossed for twickenham:)

Kev 04-21-2008 11:09 AM

Been confirmed by a few people on Backstage now...definately the Origional... Wahooo!

Supersonic 04-21-2008 11:19 AM

Aloha !

The original version of Always is a surprise to me. I wonder if they downtuned it or if Jon really sung it properly. It makes me wonder why they keep playing the This Left Feels Right version of Bed Of Roses though. And the rest of the set is pretty wank.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

cowboy2002 04-21-2008 11:22 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if it was played in the same key as the TLFR version (1.5 tones lower than the recorded original)

wonder if they did a key change like the demo on the boxset?! lol

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 820666)
Story Of MY Life and Seat Next To You. Horrible additions.

...but who cares when it's ORIGINAL ALWAYS! :D

Someone on backstage that was at the show said Jon dedictated SNTU to Richie's dad who died a year ago yesterday. That's one of my favorites off of LH so I would have loved to hear it again.

And the original Always!! YAY!!

deb

undivided_aus 04-21-2008 11:31 AM

Awesome surprise - I knew Jon still had it in him.

Almost makes up for some of the same same setlists of late!!
Fingers crossed for Youtube.

Steve

Johny 04-21-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 820671)
Aloha !

The original version of Always is a surprise to me. I wonder if they downtuned it or if Jon really sung it properly. It makes me wonder why they keep playing the This Left Feels Right version of Bed Of Roses though. And the rest of the set is pretty wank.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's the point! I really don't understand this band. They make a great surprise in the setlist as Always but they play shit like Seat Next To You.

The question is how bad/good the peformance was. But it's a rarity, they played it after five years. Seb is right with Bed Of Roses. Why if he can sing Blaze Of Glory and now Always in its original versions, why there is still TLFR Bed Of Roses.

I'm curious about the European setlist which are always way better than in America.

Emil 04-21-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 820676)
Someone on backstage that was at the show said Jon dedictated SNTU to Richie's dad who died a year ago yesterday.

Alright. Still a pretty weird choice. It would've been much more powerful to let Richie sing one of his own songs - like Father Time.

Liza 04-21-2008 12:01 PM

I think it's a year today (21st) since Richie's father died. I remember thinking that they didn't have a show booked for today when I saw the itinerary