Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official April 20, 2008 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44853)

Grypweed 04-21-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 820676)
Someone on backstage that was at the show said Jon dedictated SNTU to Richie's dad who died a year ago yesterday. That's one of my favorites off of LH so I would have loved to hear it again.

And the original Always!! YAY!!

deb

It's also one of my favourites, so I like that they added it, but it's a shame they probably won't be playing it more often, even if it does go down horribly. Nice dedication though.

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 04-21-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 820671)
It makes me wonder why they keep playing the This Left Feels Right version of Bed Of Roses though.

Erm, well, because they want to. Get it or not, it is what it is: a Bon Jovi setlist of 2008. And after all the whining, comparisons with the past, childish bitterness and contemptuous complaining it is a pretty good setlist framework for where and what they are today.

Neurotica80 04-21-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* (Post 820684)
Erm, well, because they want to. Get it or not, it is what it is: a Bon Jovi setlist of 2008. .

That maybe but look at all the reactions on here from fans, and thats just playing one song in its original form. I hope the crowd went mental for Always and it might make the band see how appreciated the non TLFR versions are. I was at Milton keynes and heard always TLFR, the crowd were so flat for it I was majorly disappointed.

daisyc 04-21-2008 01:29 PM

The original Always...how awesome!! hopefully it will be the original BOR next and we will get to hear both of them in the UK.

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 820679)
Alright. Still a pretty weird choice. It would've been much more powerful to let Richie sing one of his own songs - like Father Time.

Not really, when Richie has talked about this song, he said, he had his father in mind when he and Jon were writing it.

deb

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 04-21-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 820687)
That maybe but look at all the reactions on here from fans, and thats just playing one song in its original form.

Sure, and I am not overly enthusiastic about most of the setlists either.

I am referring to the ones that will find something to bitch about even with one of the most unexpected surprises during past months or years, or with unfair comments about every little thing Jon says - or with any other basically good thing for that matter.

Comments à la "nice surprise, but I bet Jon wasn't able to do it properly" or "Jon knows shit about everything" when misspeaking minor things are not carrying valid criticism beyond the borders of this message board - only the rude disrespect of the few.

Emil 04-21-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 820695)
Not really, when Richie has talked about this song, he said, he had his father in mind when he and Jon were writing it.

I still think it would have made an even stronger impression if he sang one of his own songs. Or in this case, sang Seat Next To You then. If the song is dedicated to Richie's father, then Richie should perform it methinks.

Ah, well. Nice gesture anyway.

Javier 04-21-2008 04:21 PM

Nice addition with Always.
Seems like a pretty ballad heavy set.

aph01 04-21-2008 04:41 PM

Oh my god!! Holy shit...ALWAYS!!! I cant believe it!! Thatis such a shock!! heres hoping for a good you tube video!!!! WOW!!!

(Don't)Lie_to_me 04-21-2008 06:31 PM

Aaaaaalllwaaaays. Cool. I thought I'd noticed JBJ getting more vocally confident. He looks satisfed with a lot of stuff, rather than that slight grimace and shake of the head you sometimes see. The extended notes in hallelujah and MaM always get a cheer and applause too.