Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official April 20, 2008 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44853)

Supersonic 04-20-2008 05:16 PM

Official April 20, 2008 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines thread

Aloha !

Predictions, disappointments, reviews and rants about this show go in this topic.

Biggest surprise in the set from the show in Des Moines during the Have A Nice Day Tour: Love For Sale
Biggest surprise in the set from the show in Des Moines during the Lost Highway Tour: Start Me Up in the I'll Sleep When I'm Dead medley.

My predictions: 2 different songs in I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Richie Sambora singing These Days, Knockin' On Heaven's Door replaces Blood Money, Just Older or Runaway will be dropped, a box set song will return and the encore will not end with I Love This Town. Complicated in the set wouldn't surprise me either. I really hope I'm wrong about most of this though.

Anyone going?

1. Lost Highway
2. Born To Be My Baby
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
5. Runaway
6. Story Of My Life
7. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Gimme Some Lovin' / Start Me Up
8. Blood Money
9. Blaze Of Glory (with Daughtry)
10. Whole Lot Of Leavin'
11. Seat Next To You
12. Always
13. Summertime

14. We Got It Goin' On
15. It's My Life
16. Bad Medicine / Shout
17. I'll Be There For You (Richie Sambora on lead vocals)
18. (You Want To) Make A Memory
19. Bed Of Roses (This Left Feels Right version)
20. Who Says You Can't Go Home
21. Have A Nice Day
22. Keep The Faith
23. Livin' On A Prayer

Encore:
24. I Love This Town
25. Wanted Dead Or Alive

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

milomom 04-20-2008 08:17 PM

This show starts at 7:30 PM CDT. Central Daylight Time is GMT -5, so Daughtry should hit the stage at 00:30 GMT and Bon Jovi about an hour later.

(Don't)Lie_to_me 04-20-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 820545)
This show is actually in the Wells Fargo Arena, and it starts at 7:30 PM CDT. (The Fargodome is in Fargo, North Dakota, and that's where the band was last night.) Central Daylight Time is GMT -5, so Daughtry should hit the stage at 00:30 GMT and Bon Jovi about an hour later.

Thanks, more reasonable start times now, thank god.

milomom 04-20-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Don't)Lie_to_me (Post 820546)
Thanks, more reasonable start times now, thank god.

I know. Those Pacific time ones are killers. :sleeping: There wasn't a PBP last night, but I'll check again tonight.

mo_rizwan 04-21-2008 01:32 AM

Predictions:

Dry County
Die 4 U
Hey God
One Wild Night
I Believe
In And Out Of Love

milomom 04-21-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 820618)
Predictions:

Dry County
Die 4 U
Hey God
One Wild Night
I Believe
In And Out Of Love

I sure wish Jon were listening to you, Mo! I've got one show this week and two next week, and I'd LOVE to hear those songs. Quite frankly, I'd be thrilled with any ONE song from that list.

TBoy 04-21-2008 01:46 AM

Is there PBP tonight? :)

milomom 04-21-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 820621)
Is there PBP tonight? :)

Too soon to tell. Daughtry will go on in about 30 minutes, so I'll start checking in about 1 1/2 hours.

TBoy 04-21-2008 02:23 AM

Ehm...

"...GMT -5, so Daughtry should hit the stage at 00:30 GMT and Bon Jovi about an hour later."

I am GMT+1, and by me its 2:20 now. Which according to you should mean that Bon Jovi should be on now or very soon. :S

Magoo 04-21-2008 02:38 AM

It's just past 00:30 GMT at the moment, but 1:30am in the UK due to British Summertime. Therefore I reckon that Daughtry must have just gone on stage.

TBoy 04-21-2008 02:52 AM

I thought that this time-problem could be because summertime. Basically its GMT-6...

milomom 04-21-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 820624)
Ehm...

"...GMT -5, so Daughtry should hit the stage at 00:30 GMT and Bon Jovi about an hour later."

I am GMT+1, and by me its 2:20 now. Which according to you should mean that Bon Jovi should be on now or very soon. :S

I think the confusion is related to daylight savings/summer time. According to this website - http://www.timetemperature.com/europ...me_zones.shtml - Croatia is currently GMT +2. GMT doesn't change during the summer, so the relation to any local time must take that into account. I apologize for the confusion, but I don't know any way to post the show times that would be more clear. If anyone has any ideas, I'm happy to let him/her take over posting the time! Of course, it won't matter for much longer since the band will be done with U.S. shows soon. Again, sorry for the confusion. Bon Jovi should hit the stage in about 30 minutes. BTW, I still haven't seen any mention of a PBP, so we may be out of luck.

TBoy 04-21-2008 03:19 AM

Your way of posting it is OK. The problem is summer saving time. I know UK is, when there is no summer saving time in GMT "zone". Croatia is +1 hour. But when summer saving time hits we all go +1 on GMT, so that means +2 for Croatia. I forgot that fact and got confused. :)

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2008 03:57 AM

Yea, they should be on stage now. Looks like no call on this one.

deb

milomom 04-21-2008 03:59 AM

Sorry. It looks like there's no PBP tonight. I'm planning to make a call from Nashville on Thursday, so hopefully there will be one that night.

dbvolfan 04-21-2008 06:37 AM

Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena - 4/20/08
LOST HIGHWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
BAD NAME
CAPT. CRASH
RUNAWAY
STORY OF MY LIFE
SLEEP w/ Gimme Some Lovin' & Start Me Up
BLOOD MONEY
BLAZE OF GLORY w/ Daughtry
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
SEAT NEXT TO YOU
ALWAYS
SUMMERTIME
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU - RICHIE VOX
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
BED OF ROSES
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
HAVE A NICE DAY
FAITH
PRAYER

ENCORE:
I LOVE THIS TOWN
WANTED

I wonder which verson of Always it was. Great to see it in the set.

pwnedshot117 04-21-2008 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbvolfan (Post 820641)
Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena - 4/20/08
LOST HIGHWAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
BAD NAME
CAPT. CRASH
RUNAWAY
STORY OF MY LIFE
SLEEP w/ Gimme Some Lovin' & Start Me Up
BLOOD MONEY
BLAZE OF GLORY w/ Daughtry
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
SEAT NEXT TO YOU
ALWAYS
SUMMERTIME
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU - RICHIE VOX
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
BED OF ROSES
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
HAVE A NICE DAY
FAITH
PRAYER

ENCORE:
I LOVE THIS TOWN
WANTED

I wonder which verson of Always it was. Great to see it in the set.

I have a feeling its the regular version. Why else would it be in the middle of the set? If it was TLFR, you'd think they'd do it on the platform instead of BoR.

RSROCKS 04-21-2008 06:48 AM

Wow Always. I hope it was the original!

Seat Next to You? Can't picture it goin down well at all live

Adam D 04-21-2008 06:49 AM

Always? Holy s**t!!!

Fingers crossed it was the original version and that it stays in the setlist for the Florida shows this coming weekend.

dbvolfan 04-21-2008 07:01 AM

Just heard that it was the ORINIGAL version. I hope it's on YouTube soon.

I can't believe Des Moines got a better show than Vegas did.

crimson_05 04-21-2008 07:14 AM

Original Always? Please let it be so!

Kev 04-21-2008 07:15 AM

Everyone on backstage says its THE ORIGIONAL!!!

crimson_05 04-21-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 820648)
Everyone on backstage says its THE ORIGIONAL!!!

After weeks of uninspired setlists, great to get a suprise like this! Now come on youtube!

kenobi_on_a_prayer 04-21-2008 07:39 AM

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD

:smilecol:

I'm sure I've never been so happy/out of breath to read one word in all my life.:p

Fingers crossed for youtube.:D

slippery89 04-21-2008 08:03 AM

Never doubt the great Bon Jovi

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 04-21-2008 08:19 AM

**** Me!! now that is a suprise. please be the orignal.

liljovi93 04-21-2008 08:34 AM

OH MY GOD ALWAYS IS BACK!

WOOHOO, i hope it stays in the set!

justlikeblood 04-21-2008 08:38 AM

wow original always, im sure it was the song of the night, no matter how jon's vocals were...

Grypweed 04-21-2008 09:42 AM

Even though I'm not a big fan of it, awesome they did Always... they should've dropped BOR/IBTFY (Richie should've done TD) in that case though.

cowboy2002 04-21-2008 10:01 AM

HUUUUUUGE suprise if they did the original Always! play it at Twickenham please!

Emil 04-21-2008 10:36 AM

Story Of MY Life and Seat Next To You. Horrible additions.

...but who cares when it's ORIGINAL ALWAYS! :D

JerseyGiant 04-21-2008 10:43 AM

OMG!! i havnt been on here for ages (we just moved and i had to sell my computer) that is the best news ever!!! original always!!!!! i was giving up on ever hearing it agen!!!! fingers crossed for twickenham:)

Kev 04-21-2008 11:09 AM

Been confirmed by a few people on Backstage now...definately the Origional... Wahooo!

Supersonic 04-21-2008 11:19 AM

Aloha !

The original version of Always is a surprise to me. I wonder if they downtuned it or if Jon really sung it properly. It makes me wonder why they keep playing the This Left Feels Right version of Bed Of Roses though. And the rest of the set is pretty wank.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

cowboy2002 04-21-2008 11:22 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if it was played in the same key as the TLFR version (1.5 tones lower than the recorded original)

wonder if they did a key change like the demo on the boxset?! lol

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 820666)
Story Of MY Life and Seat Next To You. Horrible additions.

...but who cares when it's ORIGINAL ALWAYS! :D

Someone on backstage that was at the show said Jon dedictated SNTU to Richie's dad who died a year ago yesterday. That's one of my favorites off of LH so I would have loved to hear it again.

And the original Always!! YAY!!

deb

undivided_aus 04-21-2008 11:31 AM

Awesome surprise - I knew Jon still had it in him.

Almost makes up for some of the same same setlists of late!!
Fingers crossed for Youtube.

Steve

Johny 04-21-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 820671)
Aloha !

The original version of Always is a surprise to me. I wonder if they downtuned it or if Jon really sung it properly. It makes me wonder why they keep playing the This Left Feels Right version of Bed Of Roses though. And the rest of the set is pretty wank.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's the point! I really don't understand this band. They make a great surprise in the setlist as Always but they play shit like Seat Next To You.

The question is how bad/good the peformance was. But it's a rarity, they played it after five years. Seb is right with Bed Of Roses. Why if he can sing Blaze Of Glory and now Always in its original versions, why there is still TLFR Bed Of Roses.

I'm curious about the European setlist which are always way better than in America.

Emil 04-21-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 820676)
Someone on backstage that was at the show said Jon dedictated SNTU to Richie's dad who died a year ago yesterday.

Alright. Still a pretty weird choice. It would've been much more powerful to let Richie sing one of his own songs - like Father Time.

Liza 04-21-2008 12:01 PM

I think it's a year today (21st) since Richie's father died. I remember thinking that they didn't have a show booked for today when I saw the itinerary