Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post First Single Release Album Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69609)

Bleeding Purist 08-12-2016 08:15 PM

This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post First Single Release Album Discussion

Discussion of the new album following the release of the first single may resume here:

rolo_tomachi 08-13-2016 02:30 PM

After hearing the new single, to wait from the new album? I don't know.

I just hope it's not an album of light, I want some damn dark and gray tones.

I feel that this album is going to be worse than Burning Bridges.

Alphavictim 08-13-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1204604)
After hearing the new single, to wait from the new album? I don't know.

I just hope it's not an album of light, I want some damn dark and gray tones.

I feel that this album is going to be worse than Burning Bridges.

I feel it's gonna include Beautiful Day, Bon Jovi's worst song.

bjcrazycpa 08-13-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1204610)

Ha ha ha...you just had to do it.

bonjovi90 08-13-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1204610)

:rofl: :D:D:D

Walleris 08-13-2016 05:12 PM

My expectations dropped significantly after hearing the single.

As I mentioned in another thread - it's one thing to be a single, but this is also the title track. All title tracks in the past have been good representations of their albums (Keep The Faith, These Days, Bounce, Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway, What About Now). And since I dislike the song, I can't see myself being impressed with the album either. As of now, I have no reason to suspect the new album won't be more of the same old we've been having forever.

This was probably the last realistic chance to hear something fresh and different from Jon (to signify the new era for the band). And that's what he decided to do. Sad :(

bjcrazycpa 08-13-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1204623)
My expectations dropped significantly after hearing the single.

As I mentioned in another thread - it's one thing to be a single, but this is also the title track. All title tracks in the past have been good representations of their albums (Keep The Faith, These Days, Bounce, Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway, What About Now). And since I dislike the song, I can't see myself being impressed with the album either. As of now, I have no reason to suspect the new album won't be more of the same old we've been having forever.

This was probably the last realistic chance to hear something fresh and different from Jon (to signify the new era for the band). And that's what he decided to do. Sad :(

You think WAN (song) is > than THINFS?

Walleris 08-13-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1204626)
You think WAN (song) is > than THINFS?

That's not at all what I said.

WAN, the song, is a turd. And as a title track, represents the album; both in terms of the sound and quality.

And for the most part, all of the title tracks I listed do the same. Hence, I have no reason to expect this not to be again the case with THINFS, the album.

bjcrazycpa 08-13-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1204627)

WAN, the song, is a turd. And as a title track, represents the album; both in terms of the sound and quality.

And for the most part, all of the title tracks I listed do the same. Hence, I have no reason to expect this not to be again the case with THINFS, the album.

Okay, got it. We are in agreement then on WAN, song, being a turd ha ha!!

Rdkopper 08-13-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1204627)

That logic makes zero sense imo because A. It Just Doesn't B. Not Every Album Contains A Title Song C. Lost Highway is the weaker of songs imo... Not better than Memory and Any Other Day... That's a fact my friend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk