Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Why has Bounce got so much sound effects on it?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-11-2003, 09:25 PM
The Distance

Default Why has Bounce got so much sound effects on it?

Well everytime I listen to the Bounce record I hear a lot of sound effects on Undivided, Hook Me Up and Everyday. I think they are cool but they give Bounce an specific sound. Any ideas?

Old 02-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Posting Always

Because Luke Ebbin is a crap, inexperienced producer who thinks that more is better.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:59 PM
These Days

ye, havent heard such effects on old albums....but i ask how they play them in live shows?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:58 PM
It's my post

I'll be from the soundboard probably. Or some neat little jingle that Dave can set-off by pressing some random key on one of his many keyboards - like the Cuban music at the start of OWN or the crowd chants of "HEY" during the LYHOM intro. But yes I agree with krb, Luke Ebbin sucks big-time and should be gotten rid of before he does anymore damage to the band's rep.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

luke ebbin (although most likely a very nice person) has ruined BJ musically...

think about it:

1999 we're promised a RNR album called "sex sells" that will be in vein of SWW for the hardcore fans - that's what i remember being posted on the official website...

instead bruce fairbairn dies, they work with people who made britney's, n syncs, backstreet boys carreers and we get an album called "Crush", then "Bounce"

The only way bounce could have worked as an album cover is if it had the original SWW artwork

I've got the tools, I got the girl
and I certainly got the tools to satisfy
Plus make you beg for more
Old 02-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Bands grow up , so does their music. BJ could not still be recording songs like Let It Rock, Bad Medicine and Homebound Train now, or they would fall the way all the other 80s bands have. They grew up, and still have a career because of it. Crush and Bounce contain a lot of great songs, and none short of good. Thats why I still listen.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock

think about it:

1999 we're promised a RNR album called "sex sells" that will be in vein of SWW for the hardcore fans - that's what i remember being posted on the official website...

instead bruce fairbairn dies, they work with people who made britney's, n syncs, backstreet boys carreers and we get an album called "Crush", then "Bounce"

The only way bounce could have worked as an album cover is if it had the original SWW artwork
Maybe we should all contribute some money towards putting out a hit on him.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

definitely krb! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi29579
Bands grow up , so does their music. BJ could not still be recording songs like Let It Rock, Bad Medicine and Homebound Train now, or they would fall the way all the other 80s bands have. They grew up, and still have a career because of it. Crush and Bounce contain a lot of great songs, and none short of good. Thats why I still listen.
no they could still record songs like that if they wanted.... all it would mean would be earninng 80 million dollars a year instead of 200 million

I've got the tools, I got the girl
and I certainly got the tools to satisfy
Plus make you beg for more
Old 02-11-2003, 11:24 PM
These Days

Send a message via ICQ to joviscout Send a message via MSN to joviscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock

think about it:

Maybe we should all contribute some money towards putting out a hit on him.
Im in,maby well get a 2 for 1 offer then we can get rid of ronen keating as well
Old 02-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi29579
Why do people assume that because somebody doesn't like BJ's 'modern' sound, then it must mean that they want to go back to producing songs like they did in the 80's? They produced two albums in the 90's which didn't sound like their 80's stuff you idiots. And the 90's albums were their best work.