Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The real reason for recording TLFR...

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-04-2003, 02:39 PM
krb102 krb102 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2002
Posts: 2,114
Default The real reason for recording TLFR...

Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

This stops people complaining that he can't hit the high notes anymore.

Come on Jon, not only are you cheating your fans; you're cheating yourself.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Sambo-Chris's Avatar
Sambo-Chris Sambo-Chris is offline
Moderator
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,042
Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris
Default

This is for sure not the reason because they only play these version in Atlantic City next week and not at other occasions.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2003, 03:01 PM
krb102 krb102 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2002
Posts: 2,114
Default

I am willing to bet money that on the next tour (if there is one) the play this version of Always. It keeps the fans happy who complain that it is never played, and Jon can physically sing this version.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Stut's Avatar
Stut Stut is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Kekkoslovakia
Age: 47
Gender: male
Posts: 3,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
I am willing to bet money
How much?
__________________
I lie to make you like me more!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2003, 03:07 PM
krb102 krb102 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2002
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn
Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
I am willing to bet money
How much?
1000 yen. Dont't reply to this though cos the thread will go off topic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2003, 03:14 PM
faitheveryday1984's Avatar
faitheveryday1984 faitheveryday1984 is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 20 Jul 2003
Location: Mason, ohio
Age: 38
Gender: female
Posts: 720
Default Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

This stops people complaining that he can't hit the high notes anymore.

Come on Jon, not only are you cheating your fans; you're cheating yourself.
Where did you get this from? Some people need to stop assuming things and learn to get the facts strait. I have learned not to assume anything in life because your assumptions can lead you in the wrong direction, you will base everything on your assuptions instead of the facts. If you would read the interview with the band about the album, you will have the facts on how and why this album came about. Don't let your opinions of whether Jon can sing high notes or not lead you to assume that this is why the album was made. Your opinions are your own and you have the right to them, but don't confuse them with fact.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
davefan's Avatar
davefan davefan is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2002
Location: Graz/Austria
Gender: female
Posts: 1,465
Send a message via ICQ to davefan Send a message via AIM to davefan Send a message via MSN to davefan Send a message via Yahoo to davefan
Default Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

This stops people complaining that he can't hit the high notes anymore.

Come on Jon, not only are you cheating your fans; you're cheating yourself.
oh common they can`t play TLFR live. Even I really hate the album theres no real reason to discuss why did they make it. They went into the studio and whether it was there idea or pats idea or what ever they made TLFR and we can`t change that
__________________
steph
-----------------------
David Bryan the hot curls on the keys
http://www.beepworld.de/members57/moonjunction/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Gizmo's Avatar
Gizmo Gizmo is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Ireland
Posts: 138
Default Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.

This stops people complaining that he can't hit the high notes anymore.

Come on Jon, not only are you cheating your fans; you're cheating yourself.
This is definitely not true!!
The band have said that it would be a nightmare to bring this album out on the road because there are too many instruments used. They said they will have to spend a lot of of time rehearsing for Atlantic City!!

And besides, I think they would know their fans would want to hear the original versions at their concerts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 16,012
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Aloha !

Quote:
If you would read the interview with the band about the album, you will have the facts on how and why this album came about.
So you say they would've said it if it would've been because of Jon's voice ?

Quote:
This is definitely not true!!
The band have said that it would be a nightmare to bring this album out on the road because there are too many instruments used.
For a lot of tracks on TLFR yes, but for Always, no. It can be done simply by the band without any other musicians.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Iceman's Avatar
Iceman Iceman is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere between heaven & hell.
Age: 44
Gender: male
Posts: 8,205
Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default Re: The real reason for recording TLFR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb102
Is so Jon can sing these 'new' versions of the songs in concert instead of the old ones, which he can't sing anymore, because they are too high for him. Always, Bed of Roses and I'll Be There For You in particular.
Sounds about right. At least now he doesn't have to pretend he's "improvising" when not hitting the high note. He can just go: "I sang it like I sang it on TLFR!".

Ice
__________________
D.Barry:"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."
M.Brooks: "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
this left feels right

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.