Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Absolutely flawless albums

Other Bands

Old 12-20-2008, 03:57 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Absolutely flawless albums

This is not a list thread. This is a topic so that people can post their opinions on what are great albums, that are more or less perfect. Basically I'll knock a few off, and then people can say their favourite albums.

In no particular order...

The Beatles - Revolver
Wow. Half an hour of genius psychedelic pop/rock. Has only been beaten once.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
One of my favourites at the moment. More poppy than Revolver but still pretty psychedelic. Absolutely perfect collection of beautiful songs.

Oasis - Definitely Maybe
The greatest album of all time. Slide Away is the greatest song of all time. I'm sure the hair metallers on here will scoff at that but I probably hate your choices even more...

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Brilliant album. Ian Brown's vocals, while not technically great, blend with the sublime music to create the ultimate indie album.

Neil Young - On The Beach
Another one of my favourites at the moment. Ranging from angry blues to soft acoustic music, these are eight essential tracks.

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
The ultimate heroin drenched rock 'n' roll record. Production and arrangement excellent, but not as much as the songs themselves, and their sleazy riffs.

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
Quintessentialy British...a pure classic, going back to the old ways of British society in some brilliant reto rock.

Post your favourite albums now...I'm going to bed.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

2 albums come to mind right now...

Bryan Adams - Reckless
An album that always comes to mind when I think of a "flawless" album. 10 songs, none of them skippable, perfectly well-crafted and, at around 35 minutes run time, goes to show that an album doesn't have to be that long to be good.

Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
The perfect balance of hard rock and the intensity of heavy/thrash metal. This is probably what most hard rock bands should have sounded like in the 90's, or at least how hard rock could have competed with grunge. Totally raises the bar from their already near perfect debut album. The debut blows you away, but S2TG totally bulldozes you. Sebastian Bach shows off possibly his best vocal ability and I can't think off the top of my head who sounds any better.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

BAT OUT OF HELL - MEAT LOAF
A masterpiece. Meat Loaf is one of three rock artists that got me into rock full time. I remember my dad always playing this album when I was young but back then nothing was greater than Steps for me so I ignored it all. Until one day, when I was about 10 or 11 my walkman and I were feeling a bit lonely so I stuck in the first CD I saw on the CD rack...Bat Out Of Hell. Within the space of pressing play to reaching the end of the final song I had fallen in love, especially with the title track. I played the 10 minute title track so often in that one night that I learnt the majority of the words - which turned out to be a bit of a curse the next day The next day I was in school and in the lesson History I was supposed to be writing an essay on Native Americans but somehow subconciously started writing the lyrics to Bat Out Of Hell but did not realise until my teacher came round, told me off and kept me in during lunch to write the essay again But hell to that, it's a great, epic rock album and I still love it to this day.

STRANGER IN THIS TOWN - RICHIE SAMBORA
Never in my life did I think I'd listen to the blues and enjoy it, but I had to get this album to help on my way to completing all things Bon Jovi. Upon first listen I couldn't hate any album any more than I did this. But Jem and a few other Jovi fans seem shocked at this so I felt stupid for hating it, so I continued to listen to it and on the second listen I liked it a bit more, then the third a bit more up until about the 5th time when I declared it was one of my favourite albums. The first half of the album is a lovely masterpiece of blues and then into the latter half it delves into rock blues, great album.

PYROMANIA - DEF LEPPARD
Def Leppard hit the big time with glossy glam metal hits like Pour Some Sugar On Me, Animal, Let's Get Rocked and more, but prior them days Def Leppard were more like AC/DC...but better. Pyromania doesn't have a single skippable track (much like all the albums in this list), tracks like Rock Rock (Til You Drop), Stagefright and Rock Of Ages are freakin' awesome. Billy's Got A Gun is not just one of the best tracks on the album but also of the entire Def Leppard catalogue. Joe Elliot's vocals have never been the best but I believe back in these days it was the best and fitted the music perfectly.

HIGH 'N' DRY - DEF LEPPARD
The album before Pyromania and perhaps slightly better, but I'm not sure as I haven't had the album long so it's still new and fresh to me. This album contains some brilliant rock tracks such as the title track, You Got Me Runnin', Lady Strange and Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes). It's just a great balls to the walls rock album (is that how the saying goes?).

THESE DAYS - BON JOVI
From the start to the end this moody album is beautiful. Made up of a few great rock tracks like Hey God, Damned and Something For The Pain. The rest of the album isn't made up of loud songs but instead beautiful songs. These Days is aa big fan favourite (much like the album itself), My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms could be described as nothing else but amazing. Something To Believe In is one of my favourite all time Bon Jovi tracks. And all the other songs are just as good as well, but I can't be bothered writing anymore.

BAT OUT OF HELL III: THE MONSTER IS LOOSE - MEAT LOAF
I'm bored of this game now so I can't be bothered to write much but this is a great epic album.

I'll do more later
Old 12-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
BAT OUT OF HELL - MEAT LOAF
A masterpiece. Meat Loaf is one of three rock artists that got me into rock full time. I remember my dad always playing this album when I was young but back then nothing was greater than Steps for me so I ignored it all. Until one day, when I was about 10 or 11 my walkman and I were feeling a bit lonely so I stuck in the first CD I saw on the CD rack...Bat Out Of Hell. Within the space of pressing play to reaching the end of the final song I had fallen in love, especially with the title track. I played the 10 minute title track so often in that one night that I learnt the majority of the words - which turned out to be a bit of a curse the next day The next day I was in school and in the lesson History I was supposed to be writing an essay on Native Americans but somehow subconciously started writing the lyrics to Bat Out Of Hell but did not realise until my teacher came round, told me off and kept me in during lunch to write the essay again But hell to that, it's a great, epic rock album and I still love it to this day.
Ok, so you say i get bullied by my teacher for getting told to sit at the front, but you get told off, kept in at lunch and have to write an essay again? I think that's a lot worse.

Anyway, Erm... These Days for me. I don't have much of a CD Collection.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Yeah but you kept complaining that your teacher kept telling you off for doing nothing. I deserved all my telling-offs, being moveds, being kept ins, getting kicked out of classrooms, etc etc.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
Yeah but you kept complaining that your teacher kept telling you off for doing nothing. I deserved all my telling-offs, being moveds, being kept ins, getting kicked out of classrooms, etc etc.
No, that time i got moved to the front, i didn't do anything. We're going to start going off topic here.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

These are the three that are my favorite, "flawless" albums:

Pink Floyd- The Wall
I don't know how to describe it, it almost tells a story. From Comfortable Numb, to the well known "Another Brick In The Wall" Series, to all the other classics on that album. I'm sure that if every single song on that record was a single, it would sell quite well.

Jon Bon Jovi- "Blaze Of Glory"
What makes this record interesting is that I think that the title track of the record, also the song that won a golden globe, nominated for an Oscar, and helped reach this record to number one, is one of the worst songs on the record. From very powerful vocals in "Santa Fe", uplifting lyrics from "Bang A Drum" (A personal favorite), and amazing ballads from "Blood Money" to "Miracle". Even the beginning of the album which starts off with a bang with "Billy Get Your Guns". It's a good record because in between each song there is parts of the Young Guns II movie in between some of the song, usually emphasizing the mood of the upcoming song, and maybe even try to explain where Jon got the inspiration from.

U2- "The Joshua Tree"
This is an indescribable album. Either you like it, or you won't. The song that triggered me to buy the album was the hit "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". And there are still plenty of classics in the record that have been undiscovered to the people who haven't listened to it as a whole. I like this record because I can out it on before I fall asleep, If I'm feeling a little depressed, or even when I'm feeling good, and i need some U2 to listen to. One song cannot describe this record, so I recommend you put your pants on, go to the store and pick up "The Joshua Tree" if you haven't yet.

-Naturally my other two albums would be "Stranger In This Town" and Keep The Faith". But you guys already know about it so I'm not going to bother.

and others include:
O.K Computer -Radiohead
American Idiot- Green day
Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band- The Beatles.
Rumors- Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by Panda; 12-20-2008 at 08:09 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Jovi FANatic

Radiohead - The Bends

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

REM - Automatic For The People

These are a few that spring to mind, some because of the songs included, some because of the general flow of the album.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Jovi Freak

Is there really such a thing as a "flawless" album? What are we saying "flawless" truly means?
Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Jovi Addict

There Is Nothing Left To Lose - Foo Fighters
A Boy Named Goo - Goo Goo Dolls
Stay Hungry - Twisted Sister
Destroyer - KISS
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Dancing Undercover - Ratt
Song From Sparkle Lounge - Def Leppard

each of those albums are flawless imo because each song on the album is a perfect 5/5 for me