Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official Dublin Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 07-29-2019, 07:41 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

It wasn't just Dry County that was great in Dusseldorf, the entire show had been spectacular. Jon had been on fire from the start really trying to make up for Richie's absence as he clearly was somewhere else that night. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen though I think they peaked that night as well when it comes to that tour. It's a real shame there's no decent recording of that show going around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
Still kinda surprised this wasn't played in the UK
But it was. It was played in Manchester and it was supposed to be played at one of the shows in Milton Keynes as well but was swapped with Living In Sin due to a request on one of the banners.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 07-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post

But it was. It was played in Manchester and it was supposed to be played at one of the shows in Milton Keynes as well but was swapped with Living In Sin due to a request on one of the banners.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Sorry, should've been more specific. I meant this year. You may disagree but I for some reason expected Jon to play it at least once, especially after they played Always for the first time in the Netherlands.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:52 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
Still kinda surprised this wasn't played in the UK
Dry County is pretty much impossible for Jon to sing nowadays. Not only the chorus, but the verses and bridges are far from his comfort zone.

Last edited by efpg0708; 07-30-2019 at 10:15 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 08:41 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
Dry County is pretty much impossible for Jon to sing nowadays. Not only the chorus, but the verses and bridges are far from his comfortable zone.
True. But what makes this different from any other song?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
Dry County is pretty much impossible for Jon to sing nowadays. Not only the chorus, but the verses and bridges are far from his comfortable zone.
Jon has no comfort zone anymore. Even though he's still able to kinda hit some high-ish notes here and there by shouting, his tone is constantly horrendous, he has little to no breath control, and his ability to hold notes in pitch (no matter how high or low they are) has declined drastically. His voice is basically dead in every possible way.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
Jon has no comfort zone anymore. Even though he's still able to kinda hit some high-ish notes here and there by shouting, his tone is constantly horrendous, he has little to no breath control, and his ability to hold notes in pitch (no matter how high or low they are) has declined drastically. His voice is basically dead in every possible way.
Yeah, but what I find interesting is what has happened to his lower register. You know, up to even 2013, when singing in a low voice, he has that typical voice, you knew it was him even 30 years later just by hearing his lower register. It had kind of like a 'wasn't sound or feeling it. I've noticed since probably the 2017 NA tour that something is up with his lower register. It's like when he goes low he gets an anxiety attack. When you song, you're supposed to make your voice sound calm and warm, and nowadays when he has to sing low it's like he can't because there's something up with his breathing. I don't think it's up to technique because I'm not a singer, I sing for fun and I'm sure as hell my technique is absolutely horrendous, but even if I'm not a professional singer my lower register sounds the way a normal lower register should sound like.