Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

New Studio Album - Forever

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-21-2023, 04:06 AM
The Distance

I don't think the writing is suffering. I just think Jon forgot how to deliver a song.

Blood In The Water is a perfect example of what I'm referring to. The lyrics aren't brilliant but the delivery is.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Old 03-21-2023, 12:23 PM
Keep the Faith

I've never been less enthusiastic about a new Bon Jovi record.

It pains me to say it but, if Richie isn't coming back, I'd rather they stop recording at this point.

The thought of more of the same is pretty underwhelming and also threatens to taint their legacy.

I felt the 40th anniversary was a chance to go out on a high. Instead it feels ike it could be a damp squid.

Old 03-21-2023, 05:15 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Speaking of The Edge, I just watched the documentary that he and Bono did that is now streaming on Disney+ and I just kept thinking - man, if Jon and Richie could put their egos aside and do something like this!

Bono and The Edge have their ups and downs but they truly love and respect each other and that is sadly lacking between Jon and Richie.
I think with Jon being the boss and probably created many disagreements between him and Richie as artists. Maybe Richie wanted a different sound than the one Jon was looking for and that maybe Richie felt disrespected in a way.

I'm pretty sure that Richie didn't like Bandiera's arrival on stage and I don't know what he thinks of John Shanks either.

Nonetheless, we should wait and see what's to come next.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:42 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ΐžžΐ † View Post

It pains me to say it but, if Richie isn't coming back, I'd rather they stop recording at this point.

The thought of more of the same is pretty underwhelming and also threatens to taint their legacy.
I feel exactly like you. 2020 was a nice effort and better than expected but after hearing it maybe twice and coming back to some tracks afterwards right after release, I never revisited it again.

I'm looking forward for a new Box Set hoping most of the songs will be from 1984-2013 (while the realist tells me it will be from 2002 onwards at best and probably most of it being from 2014 onwards...).
But new music with that singer and that line-up? I surrender.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:44 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Β† Γ€ΒžΒžΓ€ Β† View Post

I felt the 40th anniversary was a chance to go out on a high. Instead it feels ike it could be a damp squid.
Mixed feelings on this. That Bon Jovi passionate in each track deteriorated over time. Since entering 2000, all the albums feel as lame as 2020. Some might flow better, like Crush, HAND, The Circle, but none of these albums have been really great.

What I'm saying is this, no matter how many forgettable records Bon Jovi releases, it will never damage their legacy, precisely because everything they've done since is not one cares.. So there is no need to fear for the legacy.

I've always said it, I'd rather have 10 forgettable post-2000 albums than absolutely nothing, because even though these albums aren't up to scratch, there's always some fantastic song, and it's also fun to watch how many times Jon recycles his own messages of optimism.

At this point, I'm not going to ask Jon and the band for anything, just keep releasing music.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-21-2023 at 07:47 PM..
Old 03-21-2023, 08:49 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post

At this point, I'm not going to ask Jon and the band for anything, just keep releasing music.
That's not true, I've seen you post like ten different variations of what you want them to realease in terms of stuff from the vaults, Box Set inclusions, documentary stuff and anniversary editions
Old 03-21-2023, 09:37 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's not true, I've seen you post like ten different variations of what you want them to realease in terms of stuff from the vaults, Box Set inclusions, documentary stuff and anniversary editions
About this point, I was referring to ask for a real rock album, or an album with Richie and make it a return to the roots or something. I'm not going to ask them for anything in that sense.. like if they make a Reggae record, I'll listen to it anyway.

I just want them to release music, anything is welcome to me, whether it's a collection of never heard before outtakes, live concert DVDs/BLurays, or brand new and current music. I'll just hug him. It's a 40-year-old band, they're dinosaurs, they can't be born again.

The next 10 years will be the last, if some misfortune doesn't happen before. This is their decadency, the sunset is happening, and voice issues aside, they can still go down in style. Let it be.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-21-2023 at 09:43 PM..
Old 03-29-2023, 01:20 AM
Keep the Faith

what is the latest on Richie anyway?
Old 03-29-2023, 01:27 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
what is the latest on Richie anyway?
You're better off in the thread about Richie Not that there's a ton of news but a lot more than what'll be talked about in here.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:37 AM
Keep the Faith

whoops sorry, was just meaning re coming back after those few interviews, kind of gone quiet again.

Tags
forever (album)