Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Phil X

Tour Discussion

Old 04-01-2023, 05:08 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
True enough, both acts have a very limited audience. Phil more so but he's at least doing something about it.

I dno how lucrative the Kurt Deimer gig is haha. He's gotta be making enough money from the band that gigs like this are for fun. I don't believe for a second he was made an official band member and put on salary to be honest.
The Kurt Deimer thing seems to be lucrative enough in that he's taking none of the financial risk and getting a paycheck for it. I'm not sure how it would work with Bon Jovi as far as salary goes but I hope to god a retainer fee is still standard industry practice to keep his schedule open enough to be available for JBJ. Even if he's not getting paid like a full band member I have to believe he'd be getting at least the same treatment that Bandiera was getting during his time touring with BJ....
Old 04-02-2023, 01:02 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
True enough, both acts have a very limited audience. Phil more so but he's at least doing something about it.
You can't really compare The Drills to Sambora to be honest. The Drills couldn't sell out at 150 capacity club when they were here right before Covid. Last time Richie played here he was still doing his own shows (not the charity shows with Niles etc) he was doing 2000+ cap venues. Of course I'm talking about the UK here. That was a few years ago now but I have no reason to think his fan base has decreased any since then.

Quote:
I dno how lucrative the Kurt Deimer gig is haha.
There's next to no money in this kind of project. I expect this is a case of Phil helping a buddy out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I'm not sure how it would work with Bon Jovi as far as salary goes but I hope to god a retainer fee is still standard industry practice to keep his schedule open enough to be available for JBJ.
He will 100% be getting a retainer fee.
Old 04-02-2023, 06:46 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
This wasn't Jeff Scott Soto singing, it was Mikey. The band mentioned above have not played any gigs yet, this was just an all star charity gig. Jeff is a killer vocalist.
Sorry I was confused when one singer was mentioned and then the YouTube was posted from the charity gig. Also I'm not familiar with Jeff Scott Soto. I guess I need to check YouTube to see if I can find him.
Old 04-02-2023, 10:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
You can't really compare The Drills to Sambora to be honest. The Drills couldn't sell out at 150 capacity club when they were here right before Covid. Last time Richie played here he was still doing his own shows (not the charity shows with Niles etc) he was doing 2000+ cap venues. Of course I'm talking about the UK here. That was a few years ago now but I have no reason to think his fan base has decreased any since then.

To be fair, I wasn't comparing them to each other. I was making the point they both have a limited audience. The Drills are going to pull club numbers where they go, sure, but Richie is limited to the UK. Obviously RS is a MUCH bigger draw.

It's hard to say if his fanbase has increased or decreased. When you perform sporadically and a percentage of the time the shows are sometimes chaotic but sometimes great, you don't put out new music, I don't know if you can pull the same numbers as time passed.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:11 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
It's hard to say if his fanbase has increased or decreased. When you perform sporadically and a percentage of the time the shows are sometimes chaotic but sometimes great, you don't put out new music, I don't know if you can pull the same numbers as time passed.
Richie's fanbase is pretty loyal. Sure he lost a chunk when he left the band, but since then I think anyone that would have gone to see him after he left, would still do so now. But yeah, time will tell.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:55 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I guess Richie could do a few 2-3,000 seat shows around Europe, maybe a couple of shows in some countries. I doubt he is picking up many new fans, especially after the last decade, but he has a fairly loyal fanbase. Perhaps a 10-15 data tour in Europe playing those kinds of venues on the back of a new album. Do you guys think that's about right or would be too ambitious?

As for the Drills, they are not getting anywhere near that obviously.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:50 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I guess Richie could do a few 2-3,000 seat shows around Europe, maybe a couple of shows in some countries. I doubt he is picking up many new fans, especially after the last decade, but he has a fairly loyal fanbase. Perhaps a 10-15 data tour in Europe playing those kinds of venues on the back of a new album. Do you guys think that's about right or would be too ambitious?
Yeah, I would say that is about right. Maybe a little smaller in some European countries. To be honest I think he could easily do a 10 show run of dates that size here in the UK if he wanted to, but he usually only seems to do a few.

You're right about not picking up any new fans, but the fans that he does have are indeed pretty loyal to him.

Last edited by Thinny; 04-05-2023 at 12:53 AM..
Old 04-08-2023, 09:18 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I found Jeff Scott Soto on YouTube. What a voice! How did I miss this guy? Phil X will really fit in with him for sure.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
I found Jeff Scott Soto on YouTube. What a voice! How did I miss this guy? Phil X will really fit in with him for sure.
Yup. he's fantastic - looking forward to this project - hopefully they will put an album together! This is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear from Phil. with JSS and Mikey it has the potential to be a monster!
Old 05-02-2023, 11:00 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Phil just did an IG Q+A. Very short and when someone asked about Bon Jovi, he said 2024 there will be a world (or at least what they consider a world) tour so at this point it sounds like he's still involved in that capacity.