Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-31-2023, 12:25 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
Live it's a total car crash . The Bad Company/ Rso tour was a shambles.
Depends which show you went to. I saw 3 shows. Leeds was an embaressment, I could barely bear to watch. Ori and the drummer carried him.

A few days later in Nottingham he was fantastic. Birmingham after that was good, but not on the levels on Nottingham. From what I heard of the London show it was back to Leeds level, so he was definitely all over the place on that tour.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:11 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Depends which show you went to. I saw 3 shows. Leeds was an embaressment, I could barely bear to watch. Ori and the drummer carried him.

A few days later in Nottingham he was fantastic. Birmingham after that was good, but not on the levels on Nottingham. From what I heard of the London show it was back to Leeds level, so he was definitely all over the place on that tour.
I didn't see any shows on this tour but was under the impression that it was a successful run for him and he was in decent shape. What was so bad about Leeds and London? And for you, how was he able to be good at Nottingham but not the others? Do you see it as a focus thing.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:31 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I didn't see any shows on this tour but was under the impression that it was a successful run for him and he was in decent shape. What was so bad about Leeds and London? And for you, how was he able to be good at Nottingham but not the others? Do you see it as a focus thing.
Leeds, in my opinion, he definitely wasn't sober, his playing was sloppy and unfocused and his going off on tangents was out of control. So much so that Ori and the Drummer would end the song while Richie was still trying to improvise something, whether it was a solo or some sort of vocal excercise. It's the worst show by him I have ever seen. It was the first show of the tour, so maybe he needed something to calm the nerves?

Nottingham was like a a different person, focused, played great, sang great! It's like he'd had a word with himself and sorted himself out. I was very relieved! I took two people with me to this one that had never seen Richie before, and both really enjoyed his set.

Birmingham was good, but lacked the focus a little and the unnecessary extended improvisions were creeping back.

I wasn't in London but I know several people who were there and I'm told it was a mess again.
Old 04-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach8812 View Post
Whassup y'all?! I'm new on the forum, nice to meet everybody here. Been following you guys for a long while so I decided to jump on the wagon. I have a question, does anyone happen to have a Richie Sambora interview from 2014 during his Les Paul Tribute show with Orianthi? The full thing was on YouTube for the longest time then it disappeared. I'd like to find it again if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks y'all sorry for the long message!

Here is a copy, I think it is not as the hd one that uses to be in their now blocked YouTube channel, oh I also heard now that the guys from front and center told a fan back in the day that they wanted to edit a full version of the show in 2017 but never happens.. they played storybook love, I'll be there, burn the candle down and that is all I know.
https://www.facebook.com/10006394878...09723/?app=fbl
Old 04-01-2023, 02:53 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolojovi View Post
Here is a copy, I think it is not as the hd one that uses to be in their now blocked YouTube channel, oh I also heard now that the guys from front and center told a fan back in the day that they wanted to edit a full version of the show in 2017 but never happens.. they played storybook love, I'll be there, burn the candle down and that is all I know.
https://www.facebook.com/10006394878...09723/?app=fbl
Thank you so much!
Old 04-02-2023, 10:37 PM
Runaway

Well ladies and gentlemen,

Today is April, 02, 2023.

According to my calculations, we are exactly 10 years later from that well know concert in Calgary (and that “phone call” made the same day).

Some thoughts?
When we were us...
Old 04-02-2023, 10:39 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Ten years and not a single album released under his own name. Can't understand.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Ten years and not a single album released under his own name. Can't understand.
He's a train wreck. Simple as.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Old 04-02-2023, 11:33 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
He's a train wreck. Simple as.
Shhhhh you'll be accused of being bitter and angry and all kinds of stuff

He's finished- aftermath of the lowdown did nothing and that was his big release.14 years and that was the best he could muster. Since then , white trash beautiful , radio trash America , cancelled gigs, sloppy appearances ...a shambles
Old 04-02-2023, 11:49 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
Shhhhh you'll be accused of being bitter and angry and all kinds of stuff

He's finished- aftermath of the lowdown did nothing and that was his big release.14 years and that was the best he could muster. Since then , white trash beautiful , radio trash America , cancelled gigs, sloppy appearances ...a shambles
Aftermath barely had a chance though. I'm biased because I think it's a great album, but between the band's camp screwing up the leak, the label crumblin, the cancelled tour and being called back for the 2013 band tour, I can't fault Richie for a good chunk of that. I for sure am not saying with proper support and time it could have done better but it barely had a moment.

When he bolted in 2013 one would think work could have resumed on promoting it but crickets. Tho dashing from the band during a tour and going to promote and perform live probably would have looked even worse I guess.