Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Metallica...

Other Bands

Old 03-30-2023, 04:55 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Looking forward to this song. The sample was already amazing. Hopefully as good as Spit Out The Bone.
Boring track. Another wasted opportunity.

This gif sums it up best

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Review of 72 seasons.....
What I understand from this article: "The album is ****ing shit, but Metallica can't do anything else, so you better have a very open mind because it is what it is".

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 03-30-2023 at 04:59 PM..

Old 03-30-2023, 05:14 PM
Price of posting

For me the one issue i have with Metallica on the last few albums....the intros are way too long.
Its ok if a song comes up on random or in a playlist but stick the album on and its a hard listen after several songs.

I think this is what the review is saying...its a hard listen as we have loads of long songs with long intros.

Im looking forward to it but Metallicas latest stuff has become music you really have to be in the mood for.

Ive enjoyed what ive heard but know that there will be times when i cant be arsed with it.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 03-30-2023, 05:19 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Boring track. Another wasted opportunity.

This gif sums it up best
Agreed, I'm let down as well. Too long and it never takes off.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:41 AM
Price of posting

https://www.loudersound.com/reviews/...seasons-review

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Old 04-13-2023, 02:13 PM
Price of posting

What do you think of the new album? some nice surprises, but the songs are too long.

Some songs are growing on me. And that's cool.

Next video

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-14-2023 at 07:58 PM..
Old 04-15-2023, 04:53 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
What do you think of the new album? some nice surprises, but the songs are too long.

Some songs are growing on me. And that's cool.

Next video
Metallica: Sleepwalk My Life Away (Official Music Video) - YouTube

It has loads of interesting parts and lots I enjoy. However, I don't think I really love one song all the way through. Although, I am mostly still comparing against the classic albums which is just unfair at this point. If I put it in persepctive of these being 60 years old, it is an impressive album. I can't think of other bands of their size and age that can still more or less compete with newer bands in their genre. Even so, there is no instant classic song here or even one I am desperate to hear when I see them next.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:45 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
It has loads of interesting parts and lots I enjoy. However, I don't think I really love one song all the way through. Although, I am mostly still comparing against the classic albums which is just unfair at this point. If I put it in persepctive of these being 60 years old, it is an impressive album. I can't think of other bands of their size and age that can still more or less compete with newer bands in their genre. Even so, there is no instant classic song here or even one I am desperate to hear when I see them next.
My problem with songs is that the structures are too long and sometimes it slows down. Making them shorter or less repetitive would have been great. Hardwired got a better balance on that.

Room Of Mirrors video

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-15-2023 at 10:08 PM..
Old 04-16-2023, 05:01 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
My problem with songs is that the structures are too long and sometimes it slows down. Making them shorter or less repetitive would have been great. Hardwired got a better balance on that.
]
You're right, although I think it is the reptitivness and not neccesarily songs slowing down or being too long. I mean Justice had that sort of vibe but was so dynamic that it worked and became a classic. This new collection of songs lacks the same dynamism so songs become repetitive.

I do not hate the album because at the end of the day it is not poor or badly done. I just find it an odd mix of excellent and bland, and it swings betwee both in a single song.
Old 04-16-2023, 09:09 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
You're right, although I think it is the reptitivness and not neccesarily songs slowing down or being too long. I mean Justice had that sort of vibe but was so dynamic that it worked and became a classic. This new collection of songs lacks the same dynamism so songs become repetitive.

I do not hate the album because at the end of the day it is not poor or badly done. I just find it an odd mix of excellent and bland, and it swings betwee both in a single song.
I agree, and I think this album will grow with time.

Here you can see how the experience of a song like Inamorata improves, making some cuts in those repetitive parts.

It just flows better for me.

Old 04-22-2023, 01:20 AM
Price of posting

its the first album since the Black album that I instantly like - i did like most of Hardwired but dont like Death Magnetic or St Anger.

Theres some old and new Metallica on this and I think thats why its so good. Of course some songs are too long but thats Metallica.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk

Tags
metallica