Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Tough love!!

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Jovi Fan

Default Tough love!!

A few of my friends and I are boycotting the new This Left Feels Right album!!

I have been a fan of this band since the very first album but I'm sad to say they have completely lost it.

This new album sucks and you know it!! Why is bon Jovi afraid to be Bon Jovi,these reworkings sound terrible,a mix of Micheal Bolton/NSync.

Sorry Jon but I'll pop in Jersey and remember the good ol days when Jovi was a rock band and leave this and the record store!!
________
sell vaporizers

Last edited by Billy Kid; 01-21-2011 at 03:00 AM..

Old 11-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Dry County

They didn't lose anything. They did this on purpose. They wanted to deviate as far from "Bon Jovi" as possible and did just that.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Wish for Wings
Blaze of Posting

I think TLFR is doing quite well actually. Maybe you and your friends aren't just enough to boycott a band like Bon Jovi?

Don't like it? It's easy: don't buy it. End of story. What's all the fuss about? The band can and will do whatever they like.

- Charlotte Brontė.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:25 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default Re: Tough love!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kid
A few of my friends and I are boycotting the new This Left Feels Right album!!

I have been a fan of this band since the very first album but I'm sad to say they have completely lost it.

This new album sucks and you know it!! Why is bon Jovi afraid to be Bon Jovi,these reworkings sound terrible,a mix of Micheal Bolton/NSync.

Sorry Jon but I'll pop in Jersey and remember the good ol days when Jovi was a rock band and leave this and the record store!!
Go you! Finally, some fans are standing up for themselves and saying "I WILL NOT BUY THIS ALBUM!", and before you know it, Jon and the boys will look at the numbers in the record sales and notice that it's four less albums sold than previous record. They'll cry and cry and realize they need to go back to their rocking ways. They'll go back to wearing spandex, grow their hair long, and turn the amps to 11, all because a couple of people refuse to buy the album.

Really, what is it going to acheive? Nothing. If you don't like it, you have as much right not to talk about it as those who like the album do. But I don't see what the big deal is. This is not a typical album. It's experimental. A one-off.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:27 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Re: Tough love!!

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi

Go you! Finally, some fans are standing up for themselves and saying "I WILL NOT BUY THIS ALBUM!", and before you know it, Jon and the boys will look at the numbers in the record sales and notice that it's four less albums sold than previous record. They'll cry and cry and realize they need to go back to their rocking ways. They'll go back to wearing spandex, grow their hair long, and turn the amps to 11, all because a couple of people refuse to buy the album.

Really, what is it going to acheive? Nothing. If you don't like it, you have as much right not to talk about it as those who like the album do. But I don't see what the big deal is. This is not a typical album. It's experimental. A one-off.
This is the first Bon Jovi album of which a lot of fans are doubting if they will be buying it. That says something. Someday Bon Jovi will get the sign I'm sure of that. Someday their sales will be that low that they have to make a turning point.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Dry County

Turning point to where?
Old 11-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
Turning point to where?
exactly...TLFR is just a one off project, not the future of BJ IMO...its like if they released an acoustic album(like they planned) and it sucked to the majority, would ppl still be saying that they hope they turn back to their rock albums? i dont think they would, cos they know its a one off...just like TLFR is...i cant wait for the next rocking album...just my view.

There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Old 11-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Jovi Fan

Sure it might be doing well now,it just came out.

In the coming weeks it will drop off the charts and go right to the discount bins for $1.99 and used cd stores.

Damn shame.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kid
Sure it might be doing well now,it just came out.

In the coming weeks it will drop off the charts and go right to the discount bins for $1.99 and used cd stores.

Damn shame.
Well, you have to lose your face sometimes when you feel strongly about something, right? And methinks the band really wanted to do this experiment.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:54 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to davefan Send a message via AIM to davefan Send a message via MSN to davefan Send a message via Yahoo to davefan

just bought it for the dvd if it wasn`t for that I`d really be sorry for waisting the money. so you`re cool not to buy it at all! I konow people who bought it without knowing it`s not accoustic that are really pissed now.

I really hope it`s not the future of Bon Jovi cause I wouldn't be a fan anymore than. just get afraid cause of Daves and Tics interview in wich they say it`s a good bridge between the last album and the next (I mean does that mean they gonna stick to pop now???) and for jon and richie calling it the end of an era.
http://www.beepworld.de/members57/moonjunction/