Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

On The Subject of Jacko Doing The O2.......

Other Bands

Old 01-08-2008, 02:31 AM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan
Default On The Subject of Jacko Doing The O2.......

Many of yous may have come across the various news reports on Michael Jackson planning a few nights at The O2 Arena (London) later this year. Of course, everything is still speculation at first, and normally fans wait for either a confirmation or a denial from Raymone Bain (Jacko's spokesperson).

Anyway, I just thought I'd let yous know that today a fan has received the following reply from Raymone (via email) regarding the reports:

Quote:
Dear Jeannette,

Happy New Year to you! Discussions are continuing but nothing has been
finalized at this time.

Best regards,
Raymone K. Bain
I for one never believed that Mike might follow Prince and do a few shows at The O2 Arena (he's never performed at arenas during his solo years...only stadiums, including Giants ).

However, I am now a bit sceptical over these alleged plans. Currently, I (still) don't see it happening.

I'll keep yous updated if I come across anything worth posting

Last edited by mo_rizwan; 03-05-2008 at 11:22 AM..

Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Hard to say. If Michael Jackson wants to try and regain some of his glories again, he's gona need to anything he can. He's lucky to be given the chance these days.

Back in 2001 during the launch of Invincible, he was signing copies of the album in Virgin! If he does that this late in his career, then who knows.

I'm always asking myself if I'd ever go see Michael Jackson live if I had the chance today, and I'm never sure. Sure, it'll be an expreience and a one in a lifetime for me, as I've never seen him live before. Plus I guess he was my first real musical interest and first artist I actually bought an album of, so there is that. However, I'm not half the Michael Jackson fan I used to be years ago. He's done sod-all in the last 10 years. Just one so/so album and a load of compilations.

It'll never be like the 80's or early 90's for him ever again, unless his new album is truely amazing. I reckon his new album will be "quite good" at best.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

I was browsing the web on my phone and saw a small report about MJ playing at the o2. Said he'd be playing there for a month!

Just tried to find it again, seems to have been deleted though

Last edited by Peterson; 01-08-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Old 06-08-2008, 02:05 PM
These Days

Sorry, had to bump this thread, coz I got off the phone to Suleman (from Britain's Got Talent) five minutes ago, and apparently there's some truth in this:

Quote:
8 June 2008
Dancing Duo Join Jackson

Britain's Got Talent runners-up Signature will join the REAL king of pop on his comeback tour.

The Bollywood duo have been invited to share the bill with Michael Jackson at a series of UK concerts.

The offer came after Suleman Mirza, 29, and Madhu Singh, 34, got through to the show's final.

The multi-million pound tour is scheduled for 10 dates, taking in London's O2 Arena, Europe and Las Vegas. A source close to the show said: "All the finalists have been flooded with offers for gigs totalling millions of pounds.

"But this would be far and away the biggest booking any of the acts on the show have landed so far.

"They had a conference call led by Michael's brother Jermaine during the show and he asked them to join Michael."

Trainee lawyer Suleman and PC World salesman Madhu dazzled with their Jacko-style dance-offs.

Source: People

Last edited by mo_rizwan; 06-09-2008 at 02:18 AM..
Old 06-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Thanks Mo for the info (Oh! Oh! It rhymes!)

I'd really like to see MJ live, only just recently gotten into him but man I really wanna see him.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

Would love to see MJ live, kinda got used to the fact that I won't be able to now though.

If this happens i'll def be trying for tickets though!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK

Id love to see MJ live too, although he'd have to work hard to impress me anywhere near as much as Prince did live. The greatest live performer on the planet IMO.

But yeah, MJ, i'd love to see him live
Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I did see him live somewhere in the 90īs. Never been a big fan, though. Still, the first record I ever bought was Thriller shortly after it was released.

There was absolutely nothing spontaneous in that live show. (Not to say it isnīt a problem with almost everybody these days). But the singing was very strong, I was amazed how little he gasped his breath despite of all the dancing and running...

= playback ???

Anyway, Iīm waiting for the next MJ album. Does anybody know if or when itīs going to come out?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Just posting

Although Jacko got me into music in the 1st place, I wouldn't waste my time or money with him now. His lip synching is bad enough, but the way he puts his hand over his mouth to try and cover it is just embarassing.

Anyone looking to deny it, just look at this:

Last edited by danfan; 06-30-2008 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-30-2008, 07:59 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
I did see him live somewhere in the 90īs. Never been a big fan, though. Still, the first record I ever bought was Thriller shortly after it was released.

There was absolutely nothing spontaneous in that live show. (Not to say it isnīt a problem with almost everybody these days). But the singing was very strong, I was amazed how little he gasped his breath despite of all the dancing and running...

= playback ???
Just out of curiosity, do you know whether it was the Dangerous Tour (1992-1993) or the HIStory Tour (1996-1997)?

If it was the latter, I can exclusively tell you that the show was 90% lip synched