Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

"100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans..." Box Set - Recording Dates of Songs

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Suddenly

Default "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans..." Box Set - Recording Dates of Songs

Hi

I was wondering whether any of you guys could help me with the original recording dates for the songs on the "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans..." box set. Unfortunately, they are not stated in the box itself... I could figure out for a few songs about what time they were recorded (judging from the text in the booklet), but with most of them, I have no idea.

Appreciate your help!

Chris

Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Tokyo Road

Don't necessarily take this as gospel ... some of them are blatantly wrong. But this from BJ.com shuld give you an idea

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
wolfgang

Wasn't there a thread about this when the boxset came out and Becky and maybe some others gave pretty accurate dates for all the songs?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Suddenly

Oh okay, where can I access these older postings dealing with that issue?!

Thanks, Chris
Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Suddenly

BTW, the recording dates I'm most interested in are those for "Love Ain't Nothing But A Four Letter Word (Original Demo)" and "Out Of Bounds"... great tracks!!

Thanks again, C
Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Tokyo Road

Heh, i rather fantastically didn't manage to actually post the list I was referring to

DISC ONE:
1) WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD? (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in NJ.
2) THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey. Vocals were, indeed, done while JBJ had a head cold.
3) TAKING IT BACK (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4) SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT (Unreleased demo of song that continued to be worked on until the version most are familiar with appeared on the 1994 Cross Road album.) Written in the islands, this was recorded in New Jersey in 1994.
5) MISS FOURTH OF JULY (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded up in Vancouver and back in New Jersey.
6) OPEN ALL NIGHT (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7) THESE ARMS ARE OPEN ALL NIGHT (Unreleased demo circa 1998 recorded with the Big Dogs in New Jersey.)
I GET A RUSH (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9) SOMEDAY JUST MIGHT BE TONIGHT (Unreleased demo circa 1996.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10) THIEF OF HEARTS (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for intended inclusion in This Left Feels Right cd.
11) LAST MAN STANDING (Final Studio Track from 2003.) Recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey for inteded inclusion in Thsi Left Feels Right cd. (Band has recorded a much different version of this song for planned inclusion in forthcoming studio album.)
12) I JUST WANT TO BE YOUR MAN (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.

DISC TWO:
1) GARAGELAND (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
2) STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN (Remixed for the box set; original demo released as a b-side from the 1992 Keep The Faith album.) Recorded in Vancouver and New Jersey.
3) MAYBE SOMEDAY (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
4) LAST CAHNCE TRAIN (Unreleased demo from circa 1998.) Recorded in Los Angeles with Aerosmith's Joe Perry on guitar.
5) THE FIRE INSIDE (Unreleased demo circa 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6) EVERY BEAT OF MY HEART (Unreleased demo circa 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
7) RICH MAN LIVING IN A POOR MAN'S HOUSE (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in New Jersey and Los Angeles with Dave Stewart.
THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9) YOU CAN SLEEP WHILE I DREAM (Unreleased demo circa 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10) OUTLAWS OF LOVE (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
11) GOOD GUYS DON'T ALWAYS WEAR WHITE (movie soundtrack song from 'The Cowboy Way' in 1994.) Recorded in Los Angeles; video shot in NYC.
12) WE RULE THE NIGHT (Unreleased demo from 1985.) Recorded in New Jersey and Philly.

DISC THREE:
1) EDGE OF A BROKEN HEART (the sorely-missed Slippery When Wet song not included on the 1986 breakthru album.) Recorded up in Vancouver.
2) SYMPATHY (Unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
3) ONLY IN MY DREAMS (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey. A version with Jon on vocals was captured but the one with Tico's vocals was included on the box set.
4) SHUT UP AND KISS ME (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey with the Big Dogs.
5) CRAZY LOVE (Unreleased demo from 1998.) Recorded in Los Angeles and New Jersey.
6) LONELY AT THE TOP (Previously released b-side from the 1995 These Days project.) Recorded in New Jersey however, remixed for inclusion in the box set and cello parts were added by Garo Yellin for a more meloncholy feel.
7) ORDINARY PEOPLE (Previously released b-side from 2000's CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.
FLESH AND BONE (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9) SATELLITE (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10) IF I CAN'T HAVE YOUR LOVE (Richie solo demo circa 1991.) Recorded in Vancouver featuring David Bryan on keyboards.
11) REAL LIFE (Movie soundtrack from 1999's EDTV.) Recorded in New York City (at Avatar Studios, which had originally been the Power Station where Jon Bon Jovi had started his music career as a gofer) and New Jersey. It was remixed for inclusion in the box set.
12) MEMPHIS LIVES IN ME (Original composition for the musical 'MEMPHIS' co-written by David Bryan, written in 2003.) This studio recording was done in New Jersey specifically for inclusion in the box set.
13) TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING
(Unreleased demo from 1999 prior to CRUSH album.) Recorded in New Jersey.

DISC FOUR:
1) LOVE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD (Unreleased studio recording from 1992.) This was recorded up in Vancouver and New Jersey, and is much more fleshed out than the original demo version.
2) LOVE AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FOUR LETTER WORD (Original demo from 1992.) This is the first version fo the song as written by Jon Bon Jovi and recorded in New Jersey, prior to taking it further and fleshing it out.
3) RIVER RUNS DRY (Unreleased demo from 1996.) REcorded in New Jersey.
4) ALWAYS (Original demo from 1994.) Recorded in the UK.
5) KIDNAP AN ANGEL (Unreleased demo from 1999.) Recorded in New Jersey.
6) BREATHE (B-Side internationally and Target CD.)- released in 2003; written and recorded 2001/2002 in New Jersey.
7) OUT OF BOUNDS (Unreleased demo from 1986.) Recorded in New Jersey.
LETTER TO A FRIEND (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
9) TEMPTATION (Int'l b-side from CRUSH album in 2000.) Recorded in New Jersey.
10) GOTTA HAVE A REASON (Unreleased demo written on spec for a movie sountrack in 1993.) Recorded in New Jersey and Singapore (as documented in the video footage on the box set dvd.)
11) ALL I WANNA DO IS YOU (Unreleased demo from 1997.) Recorded in New Jersey.
12) BILLY (unreleased demo from 1992.) Recorded in New Jersey.
13) NOBODY'S HERO (Unreleased demo from 1994.) Recorded in New Jersey.
14) *Hidden Bonus Track: LIVIN' ON A PRAYER (Original demo of Livin' On A Prayer from 1986... definitely written and recorded in New Jersey!)

There we are

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

I saw this album on Amazon for £54 !!!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to Ollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKjovi View Post
I saw this album on Amazon for £54 !!!
It was £59.99 in Virgin Records last week...

that's about its r.r.p. price i think.. 4 cds, 1 dvd in a well presented box....uuum

I got mine for £29.99 from Play...pre ordered it..and it went upto £40 on Play.com 2 weeks before its release if i remember corectly...ordered my copy just at the right time!

I love it...espeically disc 1...i listen to that more than a few of the actual Jovi albums...
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

Cant remember how much i paid for it but i know it was no were near that !!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

I paid £27.99 from Play.com for mine, pre-ordered it the minute it went up on there, and as Ollie says, they put it up shortly after

Tags
2004 box set, box set