Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Verizon Arena 03/20/2018 Little Rock, AR - TREAD

Tour Discussion

Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamATC View Post
One of the users have uploaded WDOA, LOAP, THINFS, etc (Not all of them though).
I don't remember who but it's the user that has filmed behind the stage (seats behind stage).
Thanks! I found them. From what I listened to, Prayer seemed decent with Jon moving around and IML was ok-ish as well. Jon is again dodging the " like Frankie said I DID it my way" part. I'll listen to the rest tomorrow, I'm too tired.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Interview with David & Tico March 5th. https://www.nationalrockreview.com/g...orres-bon-jovi

Q: All right. I also was just wondering, just given the popularity of the band as such that you could put out a five-disc compilation of B sides and outtakes and still have it sell like crazy. What are some of your favorite songs from the catalog to play and is there anything that you think should get more attention than what it has?

David Bryan: You love to play the old songs and the new ones and we mix it up and that’s what keeps it fresh. We have so many to choose from so we change up the sets every night and swap out a couple of songs. You always got to play the ones that we have to and want to and our fans expect and we expect. Yeah, and we get a lot of variety now with every record there’s another 12 songs to play. It’s good on the memory too. It’s fun.

Q: How many songs do you have to choose from when you make the set list?

Tico Torres: Jesus, about 100. More, yeah, we’re up to a lot of songs.

Interview with Mike Rew March 14th http://www.westword.com/music/bon-jo...enver-10084042

"We rehearsed a lot of songs we haven’t played in a long time,” Rew says. “Hopefully people will be happy with the song selection.”

In addition to some of the band’s biggest hits, Rew says there are eight songs the band interchanges in the setlist every night. Bon Jovi can change the list on the fly using what Rew calls an “audible,” where he’ll tell the crew, into a microphone in front of the drum set what song he wants to play.

“We get a little bit of warning,” Rew says. “Sometimes we don’t.”
Old 03-22-2018, 12:25 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I started collecting bootleg concerts around 1989. Even back then Jon and the whole band talked about how the set list was different every night.

It wasn’t. It rarely has been and rarely will be.

The only reason I say rarely instead of never is they have done a few different things every now and again like opening a show with Wanted or when they used to throw in an acoustic set. The set list for every tour has been pretty stable. 35 years in, take it or leave it.

We would all like to know we could be surprised, but by now you ought to know not to buy tickets with that expectation.
The Circle tour had 8 different opening songs.

BOB
LMS
Just Older
Happy Now
LH
Who Says
RYH
Not Fade Away
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
The Circle tour had 8 different opening songs.

BOB
LMS
Just Older
Happy Now
LH
Who Says
RYH
Not Fade Away
It had 9 opening songs. Captain Crash took that slot in Zurich 2011.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2018, 04:48 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It had 9 opening songs. Captain Crash took that slot in Zurich 2011.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
10. Livin on a prayer opened a couple shows as well.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:10 AM
Jovi Fan

With all this talk about “piss breaks” JBJ should limit the set to 60 minutes and prevent the venue from selling beer. That should keep everyone in their seats to hear a rare song and not leave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2018, 09:10 AM
Price of posting

Default Verizon Arena 03/20/2018 Little Rock, AR - TREAD

Look at this pearl Jam set list from last night.
Look how many songs casuals have probably never heard of . There’s quite a few. But it’s a great set . Something for everyone.
I have every Pj album but Sitting here I can’t even think how 9 of them go.
This is a set list Jovi should take note of.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 03-22-2018 at 09:14 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post

Look how many songs casuals have probably never heard of . There’s quite a few. But it’s a great set . Something for everyone.
this is a setlist jovi could afford and indeed did during 2008-2013
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

He can't sing the ones currently in the set either, so this is hardly a valid excuse.

Further on, considering as to how he's playing "all the hits..." Playing all your hits is never a good thing, for a large group of casual fans it means that once you've seen an act there's no desire to go back. You also don't "need" to play every hit. Many bands can get away with not playing their biggest hit(s). Especially an act like Bon Jovi, who've got the luxury of over 10 top 40 hits. Ignore 5 and you've still got a set with hits most bands would be jealous at.

As for those who honestly believe there's no room for improvement: Those marked in red were either album tracks or singles that barely charted:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout

3. You Give Love a Bad Name
4. Whole Lot of Leavin'
5. Lost Highway
6. When We Were Us

7. Born to Be My Baby
8. Who Says You Can't Go Home
9. It's My Life
10. We Weren't Born to Follow
11. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
12. We Got It Goin' On

13. Keep the Faith
14. Amen
15. Bed of Roses
16. Lay Your Hands on Me
17. God Bless This Mess
18. Have a Nice Day
19. Bad Medicine

Encore:
20. Wanted Dead or Alive
21. Livin' on a Prayer

That's close to half the set. Now I get promoting a record, but it's a pointless excersize to play more than 3 new songs when non of the singles even charted properly. Bon Jovi plays 4. This leaves 6 slots open for stuff that could be rotated for pretty much everything.

Are you honestly saying there's no room in this set for 6 different songs? The last time I saw this band was 5 years ago. Out of the all the album cuts that are still being played there's 1 rarely played and it's Amen. Do you honestly believe Amen is there to please the die hards? No, it's there because Jon wants to play it, no one gives a shit about Amen.

Now as for playing "all the hits". They're not. These are the biggest hits they're currently ignoring:

- Runaway
- Only Lonely
- I'll Be There For You
- Living In Sin
- In These Arms
- Always
- This Ain't A Love Song
- Thank You For Loving Me
- (You Want To) Make A Memory

Sure, they're not their biggest hits, but neither is Have A Nice Day and it's there anyway. Out of these 9 songs they've been ignoring the same 5 songs for the last 25 years. Unless you're lucky, then you might just get Always or Living In Sin. Now you could pick 2, put them in the set and out of a list of 21 songs 2 would be aimed at the die hards. Now fill the other 4 slots with album cuts that fits the category "general partystuff" like Raise Your Hands or We Got It Goin' On and you've get a much better setlist.

Let's recreate the set with stuff that's relatively easy to sing and would go over well enough with American audiences:

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout

3. You Give Love a Bad Name
4. 99 In The Shade
5. Just Older
6. When We Were Us

7. Born to Be My Baby
8. Who Says You Can't Go Home
9. It's My Life
10. This Ain't A Love Song
11. Breakout
12. Little Bit Of Soul

13. Keep the Faith
14. Thank You For Loving Me
15. Bed of Roses
16. Lay Your Hands on Me
17. God Bless This Mess
18. Have a Nice Day
19. Bad Medicine

Encore:
20. Wanted Dead or Alive
21. Livin' on a Prayer

All I did was change 6 songs. I put in 2 extra hits and then added 4 album cuts of which only 2 have barely been played in their entire career. Now tell me again how this setlist doesn't work, and the ones Bon Jovi come up with does? I'm very much aware on how maybe 5% of the audience consists of die hards, but 5% of a set consisting of 21 songs still means roughly 1 to 2 songs aimed at die hards, which is pretty much what I did when changing up this set. For a band who keeps going on about how the Hall of Fame was a thank you to the fans they show little appreciation towards the die hards when actually playing in front of them. Now as to how many people have seen this show before; I'd say this number is close to 80%, which would make the argument to mix it up a lot stronger than whatever reason Jon sees for keeping it the way it is.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
How I wish this board had a LIKE button sometimes ...
This pretty much sums it up.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post

Ohhh the age old Pearl Jam Vs Bon Jovi debate. PJ are a completely different type of band than Pearl Jam is when it comes to hits and they way they operate. Bon Jovi didn't slowly become a band that has to play the big hits, they've always been that way.