Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

interview with Scottish Television Website

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/news/fea...-week-the-toi/
Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Strawberry Fields

Have you ever had the "fortune" to become acquainted with Robert Fields?

I'm baws deep in prelim marking today and tomorrow but I'll try and catch you guys in Stairways next week. Will give me a good excuse to get my finger out and take my amp to guitarguitar for them to sort out.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Born to be my Baby

Nice dude.

Are you going to have physical copies for sale?

Bring The Toi to Australia!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_of_agony View Post
Nice dude.

Are you going to have physical copies for sale?

Bring The Toi to Australia!
not as yet

just had our photos/art work done

album work starts next month

as for Oz, if you know someone that can help that become a possibility, put us in touch
!

we need a label of some sorts! played with tracer-they're ozzies..perhaps

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Livin' on a Post

Here's my 2 cents, if you're interested. I've listened to the tracks only a few times, so these are thoughts that first come to mind.

Save me: It's a decent rocker, definately has a lot of good qualities with melodies and guitar parts, but it drags too much IMO. If you'd kick up the tempo a bit and make the chorus more interesting It would freshen up the whole song. Also you can hear you're Sambo's Apprentice, especially in the bridge But I wouldn't say any casual listener would make any references to Bon Jovi. It's a decent song, no doubt about it. Soundwise the track is good, maybe too much bass on the vocals.

Perfect stranger: Nothing much come to mind, too much bass on the mix, it mushes up the sound. I'd prefer it crispier. You guys obviously tend to play slow, the track drags as Save me, but in slower songs it fits better. Although I think it's better to drag than cut ahead, that ruins songs easily. Didn't much care for this track, there wasn't much of interest to me, but solid playing.

'Til the morning comes: Nice rhythm, bit more 70's than the previous 2 tracks. Nice bass playing. Your singer could "show off" a bit more on such tracks. Shake up the shit a bit, your playing is like a train, it chugs (dunno if that's the right word)along steadily. I'd like it to have more variation in dynamics. But this is obviously your preferred style of playing.

Good singer. If he'd stretch out more it would make the material more interesting. From what I hear, I think he'd have the chops for it. I have no comments on the lyrics as English is not my mother tongue and it would take me ages to figure out the words.
In conclusion, you guys obviously are good players, but the material could be more fresh and personal. It feels a bit like I've heard all these songs before.

This review would have been much better in Finnish, I hope you understand everything I meant to say
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampinen View Post
Here's my 2 cents, if you're interested. I've listened to the tracks only a few times, so these are thoughts that first come to mind.

Save me: It's a decent rocker, definately has a lot of good qualities with melodies and guitar parts, but it drags too much IMO. If you'd kick up the tempo a bit and make the chorus more interesting It would freshen up the whole song. Also you can hear you're Sambo's Apprentice, especially in the bridge But I wouldn't say any casual listener would make any references to Bon Jovi. It's a decent song, no doubt about it. Soundwise the track is good, maybe too much bass on the vocals.

Perfect stranger: Nothing much come to mind, too much bass on the mix, it mushes up the sound. I'd prefer it crispier. You guys obviously tend to play slow, the track drags as Save me, but in slower songs it fits better. Although I think it's better to drag than cut ahead, that ruins songs easily. Didn't much care for this track, there wasn't much of interest to me, but solid playing.

'Til the morning comes: Nice rhythm, bit more 70's than the previous 2 tracks. Nice bass playing. Your singer could "show off" a bit more on such tracks. Shake up the shit a bit, your playing is like a train, it chugs (dunno if that's the right word)along steadily. I'd like it to have more variation in dynamics. But this is obviously your preferred style of playing.

Good singer. If he'd stretch out more it would make the material more interesting. From what I hear, I think he'd have the chops for it. I have no comments on the lyrics as English is not my mother tongue and it would take me ages to figure out the words.
In conclusion, you guys obviously are good players, but the material could be more fresh and personal. It feels a bit like I've heard all these songs before.

This review would have been much better in Finnish, I hope you understand everything I meant to say

thanks

I'm the singer....sadly my throat was in a really bad way whilst down there (it was winter and i had the cold for like two months!) so there's lots of stuff i'd change.

We were also acclimatizing to the beauty and wonders of "click-tracks"

Things have to be rigid if they're to get radio play. Now we're working on the album and alot more rehearsed we're gonna capture some great performances in the studio-we were really nervous doing those three tracks.

Working again with the same producer and Dan from the darkness so we all know one another better and we're learning all the time about sounds and arrangements.

Appreciate your comments

here we are live

X

Old 03-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Jovi Freak

Ahh, I really love "Save Me". Great song!

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
Ahh, I really love "Save Me". Great song!
Thanks Savvi

cheers a million times

X