Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

I had a conversation with Keith Urban

Other Bands

Old 06-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Talking I had a conversation with Keith Urban

I'm not going to get into the details of how it happened, but on my birthday, I was contacted by Keith Urban. He told me thanks for all the love and support I had been showing for him and to please always keep listening to his music. I told him the story about how my father had died in December 2003 and the first time I smiled afterward was May '04 when I saw him in concert. I said that about two minutes into the show my jaw was on the floor and I was thinking, "You can DO that with a guitar?" I told him I had gone home, looked up tour dates and gone to see him the next weekend and many, many times after that so many times that I had lost count. I told him that Song for Dad really meant a lot to me.

He said that was "inspiring" and he was "honored" by that. He asked how long I had been listening to his music and I told him I had started with Golden Road and worked my way backwards and been listening ever since. I told him that there were two albums that had changed the trajectory of my life and Golden Road was one of them. (I mentioned that New Jersey was the other just as an aside.) I told him that all the traveling I did to see him had made me more independent, more confident, had let me see new places, meet new people, and make new friends. I told him that he had a gift from God and was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing because his music touched people in ways he couldn't even imagine. He thanked me for showing so much love, said I was "awesome," (Yes, his word, people. I'm confirmed Awesome), said people like me deserved to be in the front row of all the concerts, said the fans were the most important people and that it had been a pleasure to speak to me.

Soooooooooo...... I had the chance that people never get to tell an artist who means so much to me exactly what his music has done for me and why. Most people never get to do that so I'm still floating. I almost feel some closure in telling him about how his music helped me cope after my father's death. I've always felt this NEED to tell him that to say thank you for that because he helped me when no person and no other entity could.

Wow..... just wow!!!!

Last edited by Becky; 06-19-2016 at 03:58 AM..

Old 06-19-2016, 12:26 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I'm not going to get into the details of how it happened, but on my birthday, I was contacted by Keith Urban. He told me thanks for all the love and support I had been showing for him and to please always keep listening to his music. I told him the story about how my father had died in December 2003 and the first time I smiled afterward was May '04 when I saw him in concert. I said that about two minutes into the show my jaw was on the floor and I was thinking, "You can DO that with a guitar?" I told him I had gone home, looked up tour dates and gone to see him the next weekend and many, many times after that so many times that I had lost count. I told him that Song for Dad really meant a lot to me.

He said that was "inspiring" and he was "honored" by that. He asked how long I had been listening to his music and I told him I had started with Golden Road and worked my way backwards and been listening ever since. I told him that there were two albums that had changed the trajectory of my life and Golden Road was one of them. (I mentioned that New Jersey was the other just as an aside.) I told him that all the traveling I did to see him had made me more independent, more confident, had let me see new places, meet new people, and make new friends. I told him that he had a gift from God and was doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing because his music touched people in ways he couldn't even imagine. He thanked me for showing so much love, said I was "awesome," (Yes, his word, people. I'm confirmed Awesome), said people like me deserved to be in the front row of all the concerts, said the fans were the most important people and that it had been a pleasure to speak to me.

Soooooooooo...... I had the chance that people never get to tell an artist who means so much to me exactly what his music has done for me and why. Most people never get to do that so I'm still floating. I almost feel some closure in telling him about how his music helped me cope after my father's death. I've always felt this NEED to tell him that to say thank you for that because he helped me when no person and no other entity could.

Wow..... just wow!!!!

A Song For Dad - Keith Urban (Lyrics) - YouTube
That's incredible! What an opportunity, must have meant a lot to you - really happy for you that you got that chance.

I've actually just started listening to Keith Urban properly in the last 3-4 weeks, after being vaguely familiar with his music for a while. Now I can't stop, absolutely hooked! Cop Car is just an absolutely fantastic song.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 06-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

That's absolutely fantastic - I'm very pleased for you
Old 06-20-2016, 01:00 AM
Jovi Addict

I guess that's the ultimate dream for a fan!

Speaking of contacting you.... any info on how to make Jon remember my birthday and call me? Don't bother buying a gift, I will be pleased just by the call :P
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 06-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Jovi Freak

Becky, I know you said you didn't wanna get into details, but... was this some sort of "pay Keith Urban to receive a call"-thing?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

No, I didn't pay anything. It was a complete surprise to me.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Jovi Freak

Well, not you, but did others pay?
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

No. No money involved. Just the goodness of his heart.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Great!

I guess if an artist is ok with taking a photo with a fan or having a conversation for a minute or two, then he is ok with spending some time calling a fan if he is asked to (some of your friends maybe)! Awesome gift, indeed.
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
That is damn awesome, both of him and for you!