New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-14-2019, 09:58 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
It would be a great bit of PR if they released little snippets of songs, even if it was just a guitar riff or baseline, even some lyrics or song titles. Something to hopefully spike a bit of interest or excitement.
Nah...Bon Jovi haven't released anything relevant to the charts in about 15 years. Them fiddling around won't generate any interest to anyone, they've become a band who "used to release good albums" to the general public. The only ones interested in new Bon Jovi material are the select few who still buy the albums regardless of what's on it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 03-14-2019, 10:21 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Nah...Bon Jovi haven't released anything relevant to the charts in about 15 years. Them fiddling around won't generate any interest to anyone, they've become a band who "used to release good albums" to the general public. The only ones interested in new Bon Jovi material are the select few who still buy the albums regardless of what's on it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I think he meant posting those little clips in the context of just social media activity to build anticipation for core fanbase, not so much the general public. In which case, I would agree, because their current social media "strategy" is a disaster. I can't remember a single post that was worth my attention in the last ~3 years on Bon Jovi facebook aside from the "reunion picture" from HOF rehearsals with Richie and Alec.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I think he meant posting those little clips in the context of just social media activity to build anticipation for core fanbase, not so much the general public. In which case, I would agree, because their current social media "strategy" is a disaster. I can't remember a single post that was worth my attention in the last ~3 years on Bon Jovi facebook aside from the "reunion picture" from HOF rehearsals with Richie and Alec.

Yeah, I meant for the remaining fans or the ones in two minds whether to bother with a new release.

I agree with you both regarding general public interest.

Their social media/website is piss poor - unless you want a T-shirt or cup, or fancy a cruise...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 03:47 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I... I do hear shades of My Guitar Lies Bleeding....in Devil's in the Temple. I think what he said missed the mark but it's a hell of a lot closer than the bullshit "we haven't had this much fun in the studio since Slippery" we got over and over and over again in the 2000s.

I see some of MGLBIMA in Scars on This Guitar, maybe; but DITT? I'm afraid you'll have to explain that one to me.

I can't fact-check right now; but for what it's worth, this is what I remember about the TD and HAND comparison.

Jon made that statement in a FB Q&A, iirc; and although someone had submitted a specific question about what the chances would be of us getting another HAND or TD, Jon was responding to a different question when he said, "if you liked TD and HAND, you'll love the new album." It seemed like he had pulled those two albums out of the air; but I remember thinking he was probably just trying to answer both questions at once by naming those titles.

It could also be that he chose those particular albums in response to social media chatter going around about that time. Fans hadn't responded well to his statement, from an earlier interview, that his inspiration for songs came from reading the newspaper; and they were tired of "it's your life so get up off your knees and climb that mountain." TD and HAND were mentioned a lot by fans who were hoping that the Richie BS, the label's betrayal, and the heartbreak of losing out on the Bills might lead to songs that had the honest feeling and depth of TD, or that Jon's anger might come out in some aggressive rock sounds they hadn't heard since HAND.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:15 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

The part right as the bridge starts reminds me of the vibe MGLBITA had. That dark, gloomier note choices aren't really a vibe the band gives off often so when they do it kind of stands out a bit.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:26 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The part right as the bridge starts reminds me of the vibe MGLBITA had. That dark, gloomier note choices aren't really a vibe the band gives off often so when they do it kind of stands out a bit.
Gotcha. I was thinking more of the lyrics. As usual.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Jovi Freak

The song itself THINFS sounds like Have A Nice Day in the first place, and remember this song was written acoustically... (which I prefer).
I could talk for ages about comparisons between THINFS with Have A Nice Day or These Days... The thing is that I LOVE These Days, I LIKE Have A Nice Day, I don't like THINFS...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

But since the bulk of the catalouge has been written acoustically I don't now how much that applies.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Jovi Freak

That in this case/particular song I like more the acoustic version...
and I'm not gonna say anything else 'cause I'm going to pick my ticket for the peruvian show... bye lol
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
The song itself THINFS sounds like Have A Nice Day in the first place ...
That I can absolutely agree with. I don't often compare songs musically; but even I could hear that similarity, at least in the intros!

Tags
2020 (album)