8 12 18.18%
9 1 1.52%
10 3 4.55%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2020, 04:26 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I know I'm a broken record on the subject but both the credits and Phil say he played on it, why is that still coming up?
They think if there's no solo that Phil wasn't there. When in reality he's there to serve the song and play what it needs. Or in maybe most cases what Jon wants to hear. I saw him as a full member when I see the shows, but recently with how the songs are coming out I'm seeing him as more of an exclusive session guitarist that's in the promos and artwork.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
They think if there's no solo that Phil wasn't there. When in reality he's there to serve the song and play what it needs. Or in maybe most cases what Jon wants to hear. I saw him as a full member when I see the shows, but recently with how the songs are coming out I'm seeing him as more of an exclusive session guitarist that's in the promos and artwork.
Yeah this is the best take I've seen on the situation. I don't know what kind of "control" he has over his parts but he's a session guy. He plays what needs to be played. If people have issues WHAT he's playing it feels more of a Jon issue than a "this is something no one played on but Jon and Shanks" rhetoric. The band is so watered down now sadly but it doesn't necessarily mean it ain't them.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:08 PM
This Post Feels Right

After listening to it again, I feel it's like the direct lovechild of I Got the Girl and Because We Can with a tinge of Who Says....

It's certainly the first single that's been in my head still a week after release in a long time.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:40 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 View Post
I have no idea if I have ever even seen that sitcom, but.. you f**king nailed it. 90's sitcom tune is what this whole song is.
Someone said Friends earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 07-31-2020, 09:42 AM
Price of posting

Limitless is the best song of the four (for me).
Old 07-31-2020, 10:05 AM
Jovi FANatic

is it wrong for " American reckoning " to have grown on me ..... thought was awful on first few listens on release, then never played since but somehow I find my self singing it

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Old 07-31-2020, 02:39 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
is it wrong for " American reckoning " to have grown on me ..... thought was awful on first few listens on release, then never played since but somehow I find my self singing it
No, I'm with you.

It come on the other day after Do What You Can and it got me straight away. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect and Jon's vocals sound a bit weak in chunks of the song but the melody and the harmonica solo get me everytime.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 07-31-2020, 04:31 PM
This Post Feels Right

SO weird, I felt the same thing! I visited my parents house that I grew up in and went for a night walk like I did so much growing up and listening to this band and it always kind of steered me in the right direction. I listened to all 4 songs in the album order and I oddly got goosebumps when the harmonica hit and it just felt like being a teenager again.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 PM
Price of posting

It really is odd...I didn’t like them when they came out....and I still don’t like them....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 08-03-2020, 01:47 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Isn't 'staying relevant' a big wink at the younger generations? Jon's been chasing fads and number one hits for years and all those efforts are made to grab a new audience. So what if a few bickering die-hards fall off? RDK - no one expects another perfect album but when 4 consecutive singles suck, you gotta wake up *and brush your teeth*.
Chasing new audience is possible but finding it is not. Young people do not want to listen to the bands that their grand parents did. Young people haven't been doing that for a hundred years since at least swing. Young people want to differentiate themselves from their parents. Rock and roll is dead, and so is hair metal, grunge and all that - and it is never coming back. It will be finally put to rest with us. There is demand for it, but it is from us. Old people. And yes, I know there are exceptions and everyone loves it when their kid is excited seeing their dad's favourite band - but ultimately he will still stream a song by Pop Smoke. And by the way. Rap is due as well. It has been here for so long that it will be quite dead by the end of the decade.

Trying to find a new audience might be possible when the artist is 30. It is not possible when you are old and out of ideas and half assing it. Upgrading the sound of hair metal to 2020 will do nothing but alienate the people that do stream such material these days. The same people that bought the records in the 80's.

The whole finding new audience and staying relevant is a big joke.