Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

It really was that good.

Tour Discussion

Old 06-17-2020, 09:45 PM
Dry County

Default It really was that good.

At least till 1996. After then, almost every new addition dragged the standards down. Six or seven underpowered albums later you forget, but god those shows were things of beauty. Every bit as good as the legend claims. Absolutely thrilling. And they ****ing worked for it - 13 takes of 'Brother Louie' in a single afternoon of the 'Evening With' rehearsals, and it showed. There was such a shine.

I haven't tired of classic shows these last few months. The performances are riveting, even of songs you've heard a thousand times. I accidently watched a little of a recent performance (not even one of the *really* bad ones) and reader, I almost cried. It is criminal what that man has done to his band, and the ill he's spoken of them. It was a such a rare blessing he had, and from the sacking of Alec John-Such onwards (I'm convinced for standing up to him), the choices he's made have been such vandalism. It's almost unforgiveable.

Last edited by C'monFeet; 06-17-2020 at 09:51 PM..

Old 06-18-2020, 01:38 PM
Dry County

You know, it really was that good also in 2008-11.

Although some of the set lists left a lot to be desired for then standards (that isn't saying they wouldn't be good today), Jon was in great shape both vocally and as a frontman almost all of that time, and some of the set lists as well as the general level of the band's performances were truly unbelievable.

To this day, I consider the LH and Circle/GH tours their second peak as a live act after the KTF/TD era.