Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Billy Joel

Other Bands

Old 03-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via AIM to eheaps
Default Billy Joel

Anybody catch him on his current tour. I'm seeing him in D.C. tomorrow night. From what I hear his live shows are phenominal. A few friends of mine back home saw him at one of the what is it 13 now shows at MSG very impressed, so I'm excited. Just had to share that. I'll post a review of it when I get back.

Cheers,

-eheaps

Check out my new rock music blog -> http://herestorock.blogspot.com/

Old 03-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Last Man Standing

You forget how many hits he's had I bet its a good show actually. I'd love to take my Mum if he tours over here, just to hear "tell her about it" live
Old 03-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Bongo VII Send a message via MSN to Bongo VII

My brother's going to see him in Hartford, CT. I'm insanely jealous, I love the holy Hell out of Billy Joel. "An Innocent Man" is one of my all-time favorite songs.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

How much are his tickets this tour? He and Elton played in Jackson several years ago and I really wanted to go, but I think I was in college at the time b/c the ticket prices kept me from even trying to go!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Something for the Posts

I still prefer Elton but Billy is so talented it's not even funny. I'm with Becky, I wanted to go for the Elton/Billy show last time but couldn't.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Price of posting

He's coming to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse next week but tickets sold out in one day. I would have liked to have seen him. However, the sound at the Dome is horrible so I won't be too bummed about missing out this time.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 PM

I paid about $105 for the highest level seats including all the fees. There's only two ticket price levels, in front of stage or behind, $89.50+ and $69.50+ (i think). He won't be around for the rest of my life so I really wanted to see him. I got lucky because a friend of mine here at school ended up with a pair for today's show and another pair for april's show and was looking to get rid of the ones for tonite. I jumped all over that offer. He has SO many good songs it's ridiculous. Ah only a few more hours I can't wait!!!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:49 AM

I just got back from the show and...WOW...is all I can say. I have never witnessed a more talented and entertaining figure than the Piano Man himself. Every single song he played was phenominal and so enjoyable. A nice surprise was one of his crewmen "Chainsaw" came out and sang "Highway to Hell" as Billy played guitar. He does so much more than just sit at the piano, he gets up and dances, makes sure he faces every direction, even the guys behind the stage. Just overall, there isn't a better time to be had, really. There were so many hits that he didn't play yet every song he did was a hit and sounded wonderful. During "Goodnight Saigon" he brought out some veterans who stood on the back of the stage, that was a pretty cool moment. Overall nothing beats his encore of "Only the Good Die Young" "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" and of course "Piano Man". What a show!

Old 03-22-2006, 04:12 AM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

There's a bootleg of this show available.

I was going to download it myself but settled just for We didnt start the fire.

On second look its Billy Joel
February 27, 2006
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

pmed you the info anyway