Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Nodules on Jon's vocal chords???

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to Ride Cowboy Ride Send a message via Yahoo to Ride Cowboy Ride
Default Nodules on Jon's vocal chords???

ok, long story short, I was talking to some guy on a train and got talking about music, and then Bon Jovi.
This guy told me that he feels sorry for Jon because apparently he has some sort of nodules (he explained them as spots or ulcers) on Jon's vocal chords and it damages Jon's voice, apparently Rod Stewart had the same problem as well. He said that everytime you really stretch your voice then it leaves lasting damage on your vocal chords.

Has anyone else heard something like this? It kinda makes sense, wasn't Jon told in the New Jersey days that he wouldn't be able to talk, let alone sing if he continued singing the way he used to.

If this is true, then its such a shame that he voice seems to have been robbed off him because of this.

Jon please don't sing a high note again, I would prefer you sounding like you are now. If it means singing Dry County or Always full pelt will make you sound like a dying baboon in 10 years time, dont sing them.

Old 03-07-2003, 10:28 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Somebody shouldn't believe everything he hears... I've heard the same thing about Springsteen and a couple of others, and they're still doing it just like before...

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

During the Slippery When Wet/New Jersey tours, didn't Jon have to have cortizan (sp) injections to sustain his voice?

If it got that bad, that he needed that, it may have weakened his voice ever since. He doesn't hit the high notes in Livin' On A Prayer anymore, but Dave and Richie manage to cover that, but he can still do Wanted Dead Or Alive well.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Runaway

Send a message via ICQ to Jersey_Girl

I heard, if you are breathing wrong when you are singing, you can lose your voice and that's forever.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Jovi Addict

Location: Van Buren, Arkansas.. And by the way, the website I listed is under construcion.
Send a message via AIM to Captain Crash Send a message via MSN to Captain Crash Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Crash

Jon does not have nodules on his vocal chords..

However, Scott Stapp is trying to recover for the ones he has... and we all know that Creed isn't a band with many high notes.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:39 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

You can not lose your voice by breathing wrong... Also, high notes have nothing to do with losing your voice. It's a question of technique, how you use your voice. And it's really all individual. Some can scream their heads off all their lives, some lose their voice after a 3 hour gig. But you can't lose your voice permanently and never speak again. It's a myth.

You can damage your voice and lose notes, but it's all about your individual characteristics. And since vocal chords are just a muscle, you can train it and keep it fit.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
If it got that bad, that he needed that, it may have weakened his voice ever since. He doesn't hit the high notes in Livin' On A Prayer anymore, but Dave and Richie manage to cover that, but he can still do Wanted Dead Or Alive well.
there are no high parts in WDOA

and it's not that he can't, it's that he wont'

he stopped doing it during 89 NJ tour but occasionally did them... same 1990/91...

KTF hardly ever - does in Stockholm 93

not again since then though

I've got the tools, I got the girl
and I certainly got the tools to satisfy
Plus make you beg for more
Old 03-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

With Wanted Dead Or Alive, I was reffering to the parts in the video. When Jon hits certain notes, you can really see the pain in his face, as if he is really struggling to do it.

He manages now though, although he doesn't seem to sing it with quite as much emotion.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock
Quote:

With Wanted Dead Or Alive, I was reffering to the parts in the video. When Jon hits certain notes, you can really see the pain in his face, as if he is really struggling to do it.

He manages now though, although he doesn't seem to sing it with quite as much emotion.
ah right i know what you mean

he wasn't struggling - he was just putting his ALL in - now he doesn't - not even 93/95 tours (or even NJ for that matter)

Old 03-10-2003, 11:35 PM
Bicycle Repair Man
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocke
There ARE high notes in Wanted. I play a little bit guitar, got the chords and they ARE high.

Most of their songs contain of high notes.
they're not that high...