Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Tinfoil hat time: Is Richie on the new album?

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-25-2024, 05:07 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default Tinfoil hat time: Is Richie on the new album?

I've seen this idea floated around on here and...here me out...the idea of talk box being on the album played by anyone but Richie rubs me the wrong way. It's kind of his signature sound with the band.

Richie dropping his single on the same day as the doc tells me one of two things:

1) He's on really good terms with the band and everyone was cool with it
2) Something went wrong and he realized he isn't coming back ever

There is a 10/100 chance I'm right about this but imagine if one of the last shots of the doc is Richie in the studio with the band doing the talk box and solo. What blows theories into my holes is people have heard the song in full and you can tell an RS solo a mile away.

But I'm taking my chances anyway on this idea that Richie is on Living Proof only.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post

But I'm taking my chances anyway on this idea that Richie is on Living Proof only.
Judging some recently Jon's interviews i don't think Richie had a part on the new album, but i hope to get wrong.

In some interviews Jon was more generic, but in others almost seems that he doesn’t care about a collaboration with Richie anymore.

Last edited by Jovi98; 04-25-2024 at 05:29 PM..
Old 04-25-2024, 05:46 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
Judging some recently Jon's interviews i don't think Richie had a part on the new album, but i hope to get wrong.

In some interviews Jon was more generic, but in others almost seems that he doesn’t care about a collaboration with Richie anymore.
Yeah, fair. I feel like Jon saying things like "He's welcome back any time we've been waiting at the door for ten years" feel...new? It'd be very eassy for Richie to publicly say out loud "okay so i want to come back" and toss the ball back to him and call his bluff.

This all may explain why last year Richie was going on about how there's been talks and it's all about Jon's voice holding it back. From a promotional standpoint it'd be wild to promote a new album the dude that just rejoined won't be on so I guess I kind of get why it can't be now. If it was just a documentary that brought them together and then they record a new album, that would make way more sense.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Quote:
I've seen this idea floated around on here and...here me out...the idea of talk box being on the album played by anyone but Richie rubs me the wrong way. It's kind of his signature sound with the band.

Richie dropping his single on the same day as the doc tells me one of two things:

2) Something went wrong and he realized he isn't coming back ever

There is a 10/100 chance I'm right about this but imagine if one of the last shots of the doc is Richie in the studio with the band doing the talk box and solo. What blows theories into my holes is people have heard the song in full and you can tell an RS solo a mile away.

I really would love your theory. But i guess that If it's true, Jon wouldn't be talking about Richie like he is. It doesn't make sense, continuing saying the same thing, over and over and over. We should have note a different treatment, if it's the case. And Jon is too proud to let Richie's comeback takes all attention.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:17 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-flp View Post
I really would love your theory. But i guess that If it's true, Jon wouldn't be talking about Richie like he is. It doesn't make sense, continuing saying the same thing, over and over and over. We should have note a different treatment, if it's the case. And Jon is too proud to let Richie's comeback takes all attention.
His voice is too weak to announce a tour and in two months time when the album drops the hubbub of the documentary dies down, what's left to help push it? Jon going on Hot Ones? He's writing songs with Ryan Tedder and Ed Sheeran, he's swinging for the fences with this one already.
Old 04-25-2024, 06:18 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon-flp View Post
Jon is too proud to let Richie's comeback takes all attention.
Again - he is not a good CEO. A good CEO would know that it's best for the company to have the "I got my voice back, I got my songwriting partner back - Bon Jovi are back baby" angle. Hell, never mind "CEO", take another rock singer - Mick Jagger had zero issues putting a no longer drug riddled Keith Richards out for the public to cheer onto. (Sure, he was against him having multiple lead vocals on albums, but... Richie has zero of them!)
Old 04-25-2024, 06:48 PM
Something for the Posts

As much as I'd love this to be true, I just can't see it.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:23 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:

I'm curious why this would be an issue. Wouldn't he be able to launch music whenever he wants? And with publicity around the band would make sense to do it now.

I don't see any involvement from Richie. While Jon has been offering slightly more information about their relationship, and we will likely learn more in documentary, he has also said enough bad form things about Richie. I mean he is pointing to his addictions, which doesn't seem likely if they are collaborating.

It would be a nice way to end the documentary, though. But even so, I am not one of those who thinks it is done forever. Richie will be back at some point, I am convinced of it.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:26 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

I don't believe Richie played on the album, but I think there is reasonable hope that if there is a tour next year, Richie is either back or, perhaps more realistically, a guest on a few shows.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
I'm curious why this would be an issue. Wouldn't he be able to launch music whenever he wants? And with publicity around the band would make sense to do it now.
Some of me thinks was playing nice by not putting out a product/song/album/whatever to capitlize on what the band was doing. To me it feels like he doesn't want to go after Jon sometimes, has the info he needs to take the heat off of him and prove Jon is full of shit but it also feels like he wants to stay on their good side in case he wants back in (and in some interviews it feels like it does).

The fact that he didn't release anything during the Rock Hall spoke volumes. If that's a case of not having your shit together but also missing the boat for Masked Singer, I don't know.

From knowing what Jon does or doesn't like fairly well from interviews, his ex guitarist putting out music the same day the doc releases will mean more press and interviews with Richie of which there have been so few around the doc promo.