Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

4 months and 13 days after...

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default 4 months and 13 days after...

How is your "relationship" with This House Is Not For Sale? Do you still listen to it? There are songs that you didn't like it before but like now or the other way 'round?
I still listen to it but I listen the Palladium version more than the studio, I still don't really like Labor of Love and New Year's Day, I like all the rest. I listen the Palladium version couple times every week, sometimes more. I really like the album, is one of my favorites by now, I really relate to the friendship heartbreak lyrics because before the album came out a guy that was a good friend just stopped talking to me with no reason, so Living With The Ghost is like, the song of this situation.... So, tell me your feels about THINFS.
Keep The Faith
Bounce
Lost Highway
This House Is Not For Sale
Crush
The Circle
Bon Jovi
7800º Fahrenheit
Have A Nice Day
Burning Bridges
What About Now

Old 04-17-2017, 07:31 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I love it and listen to it frequently. In fact, I was listening to it while driving yesterday. The songs I skip now are the same songs I skipped when it was new: Labor of Love, Real Love, and sometimes Born Again Tomorrow or Knockout. I don't like lovely dovey ballads of affirmation of the love between lovers in general.

But, having said that, since the songs I skipped then are the songs I skip now, I have to say the album has held up incredibly well. I still think it's the strongest CD of the 2000's as a whole and is vastly superior to The Circle and WAN.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Jovi Fan

I love it too and listen to it very regularly. It's on my iphone together with Bon Jovi's 90's stuff and JBJ's solo album - those are the only albums where I do not tend to skip tracks.

I really enjoy the lyrics. In fact I like to listen to it in my car where I usually have no interruptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Jovi Geek

The only Bon Jovi record at the moment where I listen to it straight through. The one song that has now grown on me (after seeing it live) that I didn't like as much before is New Year's Day.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Price of posting

Default 4 months and 13 days after...

I still like it but not listened to it of late as listening to other bands. Got a record player for Xmas so been buying up old classic vinyl and listening to a lot of Blackfoot, rose tattoo, white lion, the cult, LA Guns, Cinderella and I've just discovered and fallen in love with early The Cure - they've been getting my ears at moment!

I skip a few like labor, scars and real love when I do listen.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-17-2017, 10:23 PM
These Days

I don't listen to it anymore, but not because I don't like it, but I don't spend that much time listening to albums (I listen to a lot of podcasts instead), but when I do, it's usually something recent, e.g. Ryan Adams, John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Father John Misty, Jamiroquai have all released albums that are more fresh for me, so I listen to them and in a couple of months or so, they will probably be replaced by albums that are yet to be released. I'm not a teenager anymore, so listening to nothing but Bon Jovi doesn't make sense to me anymore. Then there are Radiohead, The Weeknd and Foo Fighters, all of whom I'm gonna see live in June, so I need to "prepare myself" to know more of their catalog.

Last time I put it on, I enjoyed it though. Although some songs hold up better than others. For example, Reunion I found quite enjoyable, but not anymore. BAT also didn't age very well. Roller Coaster, on the other hand, I like a lot more now. New Year's Day sucked then and still sucks now. Overall, perhaps it's not as great as it was initially received, but still easily their best effort since Lost Highway.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Livin' on a Post

It made me realise how great WAN actually is!

That record (WAN) has some awesome & varied songs! Too bad the production kinda sucks...if it were more of a "band playing" and some neat solos / bridges / whatever by Rich/Dave/Hugh it would be hands down the best since These Days!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:38 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I don't listen to it anymore, but not because I don't like it, but I don't spend that much time listening to albums (I listen to a lot of podcasts instead), but when I do, it's usually something recent, e.g. Ryan Adams, John Mayer, Ed Sheeran, Father John Misty, Jamiroquai have all released albums that are more fresh for me, so I listen to them and in a couple of months or so, they will probably be replaced by albums that are yet to be released. I'm not a teenager anymore, so listening to nothing but Bon Jovi doesn't make sense to me anymore. Then there are Radiohead, The Weeknd and Foo Fighters, all of whom I'm gonna see live in June, so I need to "prepare myself" to know more of their catalog.

Last time I put it on, I enjoyed it though. Although some songs hold up better than others. For example, Reunion I found quite enjoyable, but not anymore. BAT also didn't age very well. Roller Coaster, on the other hand, I like a lot more now. New Year's Day sucked then and still sucks now. Overall, perhaps it's not as great as it was initially received, but still easily their best effort since Lost Highway.
I'm really into John Mayer's new album.

My music listening behavior is similar to yours, i listen to podcasts a lot. I still like THINFS but I don't really listen to Bon Jovi records anymore since The Circle, but it is good, the songs are much inspired than WAN (the worst Bon Jovi album IMO).

Well done, little buddy.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:29 AM
Jovi Freak

It's basically become "Rollercoaster plus bonus tracks" for me, but oh well. I guess I just still really miss Richie.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:11 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Listen to it everyday. Only songs I skip are 'Come On Up To Our House' which has never been a fav of mine and Reunion lately. I don't dislike Reunion but I prefer the rest.

The two songs that have grown on me loads are This House Is Not For Sale and New Years Day.

I was just listening to Living With The Ghost in my mates car before and the keyboards are superb in that song.

It's a great album. I really do love it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...