Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-15-2016, 08:05 AM
Born to be my Baby

I think it's a great ideea! I sometimes want to post something random that is band related but I don't want to create another topic just for a small thing like that.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:49 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yesterday was Cher's birthday and they did a Deep Dive into her music on Entertainment Weekly Radio. They mentioned the album that was produced by David Geffen, Jon, Desmond Child, and Richie (the order they listed them in) and said that really gave that album some real rock credibility. They also mentioned Jon, Richie, and Desmond writing for her, but they did not mention the band playing on the album. Of course they mentioned that she dated Richie but they said the most famous younger man she dated was Rob Camilletti. Really? He's more famous than Richie? On THIS planet?
Old 05-22-2016, 03:25 AM
Something for the Posts

I've been waiting on Cher to have Richie's baby since 1992. The tabloid in which I read about it wouldn't have printed it if weren't true. She's a bit overdue at this point, however -- unless she's waiting for the arrival of three wise men from the east...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 05-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Born to be my Baby

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,3755923&hl=en

Manila Standard (now The Standard) article on the band's most recent show here. Article dated 29 April 1995.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/14...cert-promotion
An interview with the CEO of a local concert promoter. Included is a retelling of the riot on the second show on 30 September 1993 after torrential rainfall caused by the southwest monsoon forced the band to cut the show (only after the 8th song according to an anecdotal account).
Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehehehe View Post
https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,3755923&hl=en

Manila Standard (now The Standard) article on the band's most recent show here. Article dated 29 April 1995.

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/14...cert-promotion
An interview with the CEO of a local concert promoter. Included is a retelling of the riot on the second show on 30 September 1993 after torrential rainfall caused by the southwest monsoon forced the band to cut the show (only after the 8th song according to an anecdotal account).
Here's an interview Tico gave about those tour stops in Manila and Thailand:
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?no...50427553105019

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-22-2016 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-22-2016, 09:52 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
They mentioned that (Cher) dated Richie, but they said the most famous younger man she dated was Rob Camilletti. Really? He's more famous than Richie? On THIS planet?

No big whoop, though -- Heather Locklear can certainly say something similar!

Last edited by rocknation; 05-22-2016 at 09:59 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Born to be my Baby

I had a dream last night that I was at a BJ show from 96 I think, judging by Jon's hair, and they performed I Want You for the very first time...well Jon really did perform an acoustic version in 93 but the lyrics were all messed up.

The performance was actually pretty great and I couldn't believe that I was so lucky to see them perform that song live
Old 05-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Jovi Addict

Hi, I have a quick question for the diehards in here! Check this link about the CrossRoad album:

http://www.bonjovi-archives.com/08_C...oad/Album.html

In the notes section we read "Hugh McDonald – bass on all tracks but In & Out Of Love and Blaze Of Glory".

This is an "best of" album, including some already released songs. This statement (assuming it's true since the page creator copied it from the bootleg) is odd... If you check the notes for Slippery or NJ or others, there is no Hugh involved.

How is this possible? Did they re-recorded the bass parts for Crossroad? If yes, why? Maybe because of the loyalties they should give to Alec? Or is there another explanation?

EDIT: what a great archive, I hope the creator uploads detailed info for the newer albums, too!
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Price of posting

My opinion, Alec was in the creative process with his instrument, but it was not always in tune with what Jon or the producer needed. Hugh here to remake tracks.

I think there is something of Alec on each album, and may be the reason still give credit. I think Hugh made them raise the level of their songs, but the work of Alec, somehow, albeit to a lesser extent, is on the recording or part of the process.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:04 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I don't hear any difference in the bass tracks between Crossroad and the original, I don't think they were re-recorded. Hugh has confirmed he played on Prayer, etc, so why would they re-record what he already played on?